Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
giphy.gif

Glitch

Citizen
Just got Airazor today, nice fig, very masculine. Now I'll just wait for the admission they watched the Japanese dub of Beast Wars first.

Seriously, it's a good update and trumps the original transmetal Airazor but I am very interested in the other one.

The Phazer

Citizen
Arcee isn't bad in hand. The main thing that detracts is given how many paint apps are applied they're quite messy in places.

Edit: Just to elaborate a bit more on this, I think the big issue with how she looks is that because there are only three sprues used on the entire toy that a lot of paint has had to be used on the white sections, but because of the nature of the bodywork there are a lot of areas where that red paint should lap around on to the side of a part and it looks unfinished that they don't. But we know Hasbro's factories charge them more for doing that, so it's been skipped. Add to that that the paint apps aren't especially cleanly applied at the edges, and she just looks unfinished. If I have some time I might try and paint her myself, and I suspect it will improve the toy a lot.

Last edited:

Kup

Citizen
I stumbled across this today on Wikipedia, and not believing it, I checked TfWiki where this is also "confirmed." So when was Dani Rojas announced as the voice of Wheeljack?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
So, if Arcee is mostly painted white plastic, how easy would it be to do some alternate color schemes if a person bought a few? Is there any red bits that aren't joints that would have to be painted for a cohesive color scheme?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
From the front page, new Target Exclusive Multipacks are revealed. Looks like this is where some of those "not movie accurate" figures are going to be released. I stopped buying most movie-related stuff a while back with the exception of the occasional figure that I think works as a "Generations" G1-adjacent style figure, but I might get the Cheetor/Nightbird/Wheeljack set as I really like that Nightbird and I think that Wheeljack could be amazing with a modified face.

The Scorponok set looks fun, too. Loving the little robo-animal battlemasters.

I actually quite like that Airrazor despite not really collecting either movieverse toys OR Beast Wars, but I don't like it enough to buy it in that multipack.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I'm still on the "wait and see" position. We know there's a Core deluxe assortment, so these might well be "mainline stuff in a special box", akin to the Heroes of Cybertron set from last year.
The only possible exception is Scorponok. I get the feeling that he might be a Cyberverse Spark Armor Cheetor situation- Cheetor was Target exclusive in the US but mass release elsewhere.

In terms of the toys...they look nice. We've seen most, and I think, in general, these Core figures are definitely being better received. Not sure I need to say much on anyone besides Bumblebee and Mirage since we've seen extensive images of these other figures months ago. Depending on per figure price point and distribution, this might be the easiest way to get all these figures.
Sad thing is...both Bumblebee and Mirage are pretty "lateral moves" compared to the Studio Series versions. Aside from some deco, Core Bumblebee looks pretty on point (even getting the wheels on his back!). Mirage's two figures are a strange set of comparisons and contrasts. The Core figure gets the robot mode's "slimness" at the expense of more significant chunks, yet the Studio Series has more compact robot mode and the deco budget to make the alt mode really pop.
Both Mirage figures are inaccurate to the film's design, just in different ways. It will be interesting to see what the Beast Alliance iterations will bring to the table.

I dig Scorponok. The "neo-Transmetal" thing the film beast designs have really speak to me, and I'm glad to see a Predacon in the mix. I'm just a bit dissatisfied that they didn't have an alt mode pic ready. But you can never have enough beast Targetmasters.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
From the front page, new Target Exclusive Multipacks are revealed. Looks like this is where some of those "not movie accurate" figures are going to be released.
Even more surprising, turns out they're not going to be released in the main ROTB toyline, but as Buzzworthy Bumblebee toys.

And some buzzworthy beasts are roaring into a Target near you! Target’s Buzzworthy Bumblebee program is getting some new action figures inspired by the new movie, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts!

Take on your own missions to save Earth with Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Jungle Mission 3-Packs! Each multipack comes with 3 action figures based on characters from the movie! Gear up with the included weapon accessories and get ready to battle! It’s double the scorpion-bots in the Buzzworthy Bumblebee exclusive Beast Alliance Beast Weaponizer 2-Pack! Predacon Scorponok and his beast partner Sandspear have teamed up in an epic alliance. Convert the Sandspear figure in spear mode to weaponize the Predacon Scorponok figure, and this duo is ready to sting some Autobots and Maximals!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like the beast figures, but I am not a fan of Movie style faces after all these years, so the car bots don't really appeal to me.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Now that these are 3-packs and/or Target exclusives means that all of these figures went from "mildly interested" to "easy pass".

Unless Hasblo releases some of these figures in other colours individually, these are all DOA for me.

Official Image of Transformers Rise of the Beasts Jungle Mission 3-Pack BUMBLEBEE, AIRAZOR, AN...jpg
Official Image of Transformers Rise of the Beasts Jungle Mission 3-Pack CHEETOR, NIGHTBIRD, AN...jpg
Official Image of Transformers Rise of the Beasts Weaponizers SCORPONOK AND SANDSPEAR 2-PACK (...jpg

Last edited:

Lobjob

Citizen
These are all still pretty great toys. The only one i for sure don't need is a bumblebee but eh, what can you do. He'll join The Hive with the rest of his brethren.

Top Bottom