Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

NovaSaber

Citizen
That incomplete attempt at removing the overlaid stripes just makes it look like they're on the figure itself.

scourge1.jpg

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Oh...and that thing on the side doesn't look nearly as Godzilla-prop in this view. Though I still have no idea what it is.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
From what I can tell, he seems to have two different hands, one with long fingers the other a closed fist, weapon seems to be a spear, while the head, is like they took the Decepticon symbol and worked off it or they took a mediaeval soldier helment and worked off that, I can also see three smoke stacks on the back, so it looks like the bulk of the Transformation is within the cab section, so I think they are going to be running with a bit of a knight theme on this guy

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
That incomplete attempt at removing the overlaid stripes just makes it look like they're on the figure itself.
It wasn't "incomplete". The background was removed and the light and dark balanced was adjusted to give more detail.

If, however, you can do better, you're most welcome to try yourself. I'm limited to using only my phone. Perhaps you could use a PC?
PicsArt_1672632306659.png

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Images are out of a Rise of the Beasts Cheetor toy. What kind? It seems to be some sort of deluxe, given the size comparison with Battletrap, Wheeljack and the larger deluxe Airrazor. If the trailer is accurate, Cheetor (in the film) will be bigger than Bumblebee, so this might be part of the "main line deluxe" range. That, or he's a Voyager that REALLY compresses down in robot mode, and maybe has some "extra" which pushes him above the standard deluxe price point.

First response? I like it! Like the Airrazor figures we've seen, they are being FAR more faithful to the old designs than I realistically expected from the live action film series. And by not being restricted to a realistic alt mode, they've made excellent use of the engineering from the Kingdom cats. HUGE props for both a blaster and sword tail. The tail sword looks like it might be one of those "whip swords" in the actual film, a novel weapon which could make for some neat action sequences.
About the only thing I can really knock it for at the moment is that the eyes, if they are green, aren't distinct enough from the yellow base of the figure. They really should have a stronger color on the eyes, iMO.

Also, this is TOTALLY the same design as the Titan Changer we saw a few months back. Which makes me curious how the rights are working with the beast characters since Hasbro appears to be using RotB designs in their evergreen product lines.

Lobjob

Citizen
The brown not withstanding, the mold itself is wonderful. The beasts we've seen are like Classics for these characters. Reimaginings that while different, are still recognizeable as the characters they are. I am a huge fan.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Any accuracy to the source material aside... I really like those Airazor and Cheetor figures. The RotB line is already looking impressive from what I've seen.

It's a little frustrating, though. The Cheetor seems to be an engineering clone of Kingdom Cheetor (at least partially). But now I wish the Kingdom one could have these weapon improvements. And the RotB Airazor turned out so well I wish HasTak to make a new BW Airazor retooled from it. And that's coming from someone who likes the Kingdom figures.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Never been a big Beast Wars person, but I have to say I've been surprisingly impressed with the toys for RotB. I think what I like about the aesthetic compared to the old Beast Wars is that they're clearly robotic animals. I never really knew what it was that didn't appeal to me about Beast Wars, I had just assumed it was because I hadn't watched the show and had no connection to the characters, but I guess this whole time what I was really missing was a more robotic look.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Never been a big Beast Wars person, but I have to say I've been surprisingly impressed with the toys for RotB. I think what I like about the aesthetic compared to the old Beast Wars is that they're clearly robotic animals. I never really knew what it was that didn't appeal to me about Beast Wars, I had just assumed it was because I hadn't watched the show and had no connection to the characters, but I guess this whole time what I was really missing was a more robotic look.
What about the Transmetals from the original line?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
What about the Transmetals from the original line?

I do actually like them quite a bit more than the standard BW figures. They all came out before I had gotten back into collecting (I was "too old" for toys during Beast Wars, which is why I missed it and have no nostalgia for that era), so I wasn't paying attention to them at the time, but looking at pictures now I can say that there are definitely a few that I would pick up now if they were current offerings. Due to the fact that recent years haven't given me any shortage of figures that fit into my existing collection, I've almost purposely avoided trying to "get into" Beast Wars, as the last thing I need is to spend even more money on figures.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
IDK how cost-effective it is, but if you want some Transmetals, I would chase down the Armada Beasts. There were only 5, so it would be easier to feel like you have a "complete " set, and no chrome to flake off, and they have the added Minicon ports, which gives them some additional play value. And Meg-..er..Predacon isn't known for self-destructing due to GPS.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
IDK how cost-effective it is, but if you want some Transmetals, I would chase down the Armada Beasts. There were only 5, so it would be easier to feel like you have a "complete " set, and no chrome to flake off, and they have the added Minicon ports, which gives them some additional play value. And Meg-..er..Predacon isn't known for self-destructing due to GPS.

Dinosaurs are something I have a particular weakness for. At the moment, though, my TF budget is pretty well spoken for between the standard lines and now being forced against my will to re-buy a bunch of characters I already own at Legends (and Gobot!) scale due to the new Core Class.

Speaking of, pics are up at TFW of both Thundercracker (complete with null rays!) and Sludge for those who are likewise afflicted.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Cheetor.png

I rather like these designs. However, I probably won't be buying any of them in their original colours. I WOULD love to buy them as repainted characters, such as Nightprowler, Shadow Panther, Transmetal/Nightslash/Beast Machines Cheetor colours, etc.

If the heads are able to be swapped, I might even paint it black and silver, nick the gun (and paint it silver) and give it to my existing Shadow Panther. However, I think this would be a great opportunity to release this mold as Nightprowler and any other characters that were exclusives to other shops/countries previously.

Nightprowler.png

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
This new Cheator looks like they took the basic desgin of the Kingdom figure and improved upon it, thou I expect the Transformation is basically the same with a few minior differences

Top Bottom