Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Yeah, still not sure what you're trying to get at.
To clarify my own remarks, I don't like Michael Bay's Transformers movies, aside from the first. I consider his designs to be poor, the plots nonexistant, and overall find them to be crappy representations of Transformers fiction. Bumblebee was decent and I do directly attribute it to Bay not wielding much, if any, influence.
This movie looks more his style. It looks overly crammed with characters, leaving no room for development. A lot of the characters appear very different from their classical counterparts, unlike the really nice G1 looks presented in the Bumblebee movie. We can't really say anything about the plot right now, but we'll see if there is one or if this is going to be another Bay fest where instead of a storyline, we just get explosions.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They're saying that comparing Michael Bay's movies to crap is unfavorable to crap.

Like if you call someone an idiot, and someone says that is an insult to idiots everywhere, because the person in question is even stupider than an idiot.

Dake

Citizen
BIT4TTM.gif

Maybe it was the odd sentence construction and spelling of "feces".

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Maybe it was the odd sentence construction and spelling of "feces".

Yeah, not ever English speaker is familiar with Latin-language spellings.

It's the British spelling of the term and there was nothing "odd" about the grammar in that sentence.

They're saying that comparing Michael Bay's movies to crap is unfavorable to crap.

Like if you call someone an idiot, and someone says that is an insult to idiots everywhere, because the person in question is even stupider than an idiot.
yep-doctor-who.gif

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Btw, although a little late to the party (I don't usually check the main news page), here are some animated gifs for those that like to keep Instagram vids of TFs.

GS20221218222423.gif
GS20221218222341.gif

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The newest batch of leaks revealed additional stuff for Rise of the Beasts: Deluxe and Voyager figures NOT tied to the Studio Series. I kind of wonder of they weren’t part of the reason there were no plans for Studio Series stuff last year; if Hasbro wasn’t planning on Deluxe and Voyager figures akin to the Cyberverse/Earthrise Deluxe to compliment the known kid stuff (like the ”Power” line we saw WAY last year with the simple figures and mini-Tigatron). And then do the Studio Series this year with more finalized designs.

That would probably go a LOT towards explaining the two deluxe Airrazor figures we’ve seen: One was produced with a unfinished design to compliment the assorted kid-centric products, one was produced with a finalized model for collectors.

The listings are of a deluxe Cheetor, the overall Voyager assortment, and Voyager figures of Rhinox, Optimus Prime and Primal. Previously, a listing for Optimus Primal at the leader price point was leaked for Studio Series.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Here's the info from the Allspark's front page:

If you’re strapped for time, we have the details.

EX-TF Bumblebee Movie 7 Hurricane $22.99 CAD
Collab 2 $149.99 CAD
Collab 3 $47.99 CAD
Collab 4 $114.99 CAD
Collab 5 $59.99 CAD
Collab 6 $47.99 CAD
Tra Gen Fan Exclusive 2 $76.99 CAD
Generations MPM $236.99 CAD
Selects 1 $35.99 CAD
Selects 2 $299.99 CAD
Selects 3 $35.99 CAD
Tra BB Studio Series Deluxe 1 $35.99 CAD
Tra BB Studio Series 3 $76.99 CAD
Tra BB Studio Series 4 $47.99 CAD
Tra Gen BB Studio Series Leader 1 $76.99 CAD
Tra BB SS Voyager 2 $47.99 CAD
Tra Gen Studio Series Commander Class $134.99 CAD
M7 Animatronic Changer $189.99 CAD
Tra GEN BB SS TF-86 2 Pack $76.99 CAD
Legacy BB SS Deluxe $35.99 CAD
Legacy BB Voyager $45.99 CAD

Jtprime17 shed some light on these listings, and provided a few of his own. Tra Gen Studio Series Commander Class is none other than Ultra Magnus! This is good news for those who found the Kingdom version unfulfilling.

Here are the rest of the listings he revealed, including what product numbers and EANs he has.

Legacy:
Tra Gen legacy EV Commander 2 (Armada Optimus)
Product Number: F6160
EAN: 5010996126603

Tra Gen Legacy EV Titan 2 (Nemesis)
Product Number: F6161
EAN: 5010996123077

ROTB Mainline:
Tra TF7 Deluxe Butch (Cheetor)

Tra TF7 Core Voyager Assortment
Product Number: F5476

Tra TF7 Voyager Optimus Prime

Tra TF7 Voyager Rhinox

Tra TF7 Voyager Optimus Primal

Buzzworthy:
Tra BB TF7 Jungle Mission Escape Pack

Studio series:
Tra Gen Studio Series DLX WFC Infantry

Shattered Glass:
Tra Gen SG LDR Grimlock

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
New stuff may be on the precipice of reveal:
Entertainment Earth has notes that Hasbro will be “dropping” a bunch of new product next Saturday, with Transformers explicitly called out. Given Hasbro’s…lack of interest…in the actual kids toys, I feel we might see some wave 1 stuff then. Drops were also expected on January 10th and 17th (both Tuesdays) and 18th. Given we’ve yet to see any of the Studio Series Core, Leader or the other deluxe and voyager figures, I figure we’d be seeing AT LEAST the rest of the existing assortments orders have already been taken on.

Shadewing

Citizen
New stuff may be on the precipice of reveal:
Entertainment Earth has notes that Hasbro will be “dropping” a bunch of new product next Saturday, with Transformers explicitly called out. Given Hasbro’s…lack of interest…in the actual kids toys,

Becuase the majoirty of fans have proven time and again that if its not targeted directly at them, they don't give a shit.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
So, I guess the story here is that an independent toy store in Turkey got a bunch of new Hasbro stuff, and the owner’s son decided to share some images. Hopefully, this means we’ll be getting a good look at the rest of the “kids stuff” before too much longer.
Smash Changer Optimus Primal

I’m kind of getting the vibe that Hasbro MAY be taking some creative liberties on some of the Primal toys. The first toy we saw (the Power Series version) was fairly bland, much like the movie model is. But on the converting mask and here, it seems Hasbro’s thrown some dark blue with red details.
I dig it, still very Primal, but the shades are still distinct from Optimus Prime. Not sure if this was part of the original design or a “sell toys better!” Thing, but I hope we see the “kids Voyager” sport some of the extra color.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
An online retailer named CollectionToys.com has seemingly leaked the other parts of the Rise of the Beasts Studio Series cases:
Battletrap will be joined by Cheetor (SS98), while Airrazor (SS101) will fill out the case with Bumblebee

Lobjob

Citizen
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to all these beasts. Everything we have seen so far is pretty good. Hoping the colorschemes get more wild if repaints are headed our way.

allion

Citizen
If this move ends up being a success I hope it means we get more beast wars content not just a movie but a brand new show that also adds new characters that weren't in the original

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Smash Changers are a great idea for kids. Those look like such a neat concept.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I don't think that leak's real. It should have randomly placed black bars and a bald man in front of it and be remolded from CW Silverbolt.

Also, why does he have an Oxygen Destroyer from the original Godzilla movie?

Top Bottom