Transformers: One - New Animated Prequel coming September 20th, 2024 - Trailer 1 Released!

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The full link, including the video demonstration:

I'm digging this. They got a nice representation of the different forms of Prime, with some nice gimmicks that enhance the theme further. I'm really impressed to see a removable Matrix for this demographic segment.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not the type of thing I normally buy, but it is a very neat figure. I always like it when a figure has multiple robot modes. It's something I'd like to see more of in the main line.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
More toys revealed, via CBR. One Steps and Robot Battlers.

One Steps are leaning into the T-Cog theme present in the film, while Robot Battlers are a gimmick oriented line that at least kept the converting aspect of the brand. I like that One steps keep that theming around the T-Cogs we saw in the trailer, and it's nice to see some different faces in the product line aside from the "big 5 (or 6)" we've been hearing about and featured in the trailer.
Robot Battlers don't do anything for me. I know they're for kids, but the figures look massively compromised for an iffy play pattern and the pricing ($5 more than the, generally, novel One Steps) don't do them much favors.

Notable, Airrachnid and Wheeljack are teased in the One Step line (After Airrachnid's brief look in the trailer). Remains to be seen how big the characters feature. Airrachnid does NOT feature a faction symbol, interestingly.
Sentinel Prime's cyberjet mode is VERY evocative of the Siege tetra jet look.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do like that even the Rock-'em Sock-'em robots can transform. Not great transformations, mind you, but it's something.

Top Bottom