Transformers: One - New Animated Prequel coming September 20th, 2024 - Trailer 1 Released!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Mega Changers- Titan Changers (bleh). Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are new and reflect the film's designs. Megatron is a rerun from last year, and while Starscream looks new...like Megatron, he looks like a basic G1/modern version, not reflective of the new film.
Starscream and Megatron are both reuses from the Authentics line.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Starscream and Megatron are both reuses from the Authentics line.
I knew about Megatron, but I don't recall seeing that Starscream (not that I'm actively seeking out that line). Again, doesn't surprise me, though at least Hasbro's MSRP is cheaper than it was last year (assuming retailers follow that pricing).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I knew about Megatron, but I don't recall seeing that Starscream (not that I'm actively seeking out that line). Again, doesn't surprise me, though at least Hasbro's MSRP is cheaper than it was last year (assuming retailers follow that pricing).
Here it is:

TF-Authentics-Titan-Changer-Starscream.jpg

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I will be hoping for a Studio Series for that Starscream design. Looks really cool.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I may have to spring for that Prime mask. Those things are bizarre in an extremely unique way that makes me want to have one as an example of the weird stuff that comes along with the movies, but the BB and Primal ones didn't really quite do it for me.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I'll admit, having the characters' names being numbers kind of bothered me...until I realized they were referencing the Japanese ID Numbers. Megatron was literally D-16, WAY back in the day. It's such a deep cut that I thought they were being lazy with their "robot names" for a second.

The Transformers not having transformation cogs until Alpha Trion gives them to the characters is going to take some getting used to. I guess the idea is probably that the Quintessons removed everyone's T-cogs when they took over the planet?

The drones do remind me a lot of the Vehicons from Prime. I guess it's handy to have a bunch of mass-produced grunts that the other characters can just mow down for action scenes.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the other Thirteen in this movie. Will they even reference Primus, or will they just say these guys are just ancient powerful warriors?

This movie's going to have a surprisingly downer ending for as goofy and fun as the rest of it looks. I mean, Megatron is probably either going to turn on everyone or be left for dead by the end of the movie. Unless they're planning on this being a prequel series, and we get a more gradual fall for Megatron over several movies. Or a TV show spinoff.

But, it looks fun. And it seems to have pretty good animation and action. This will probably turn out alright.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'll admit, having the characters' names being numbers kind of bothered me...until I realized they were referencing the Japanese ID Numbers. Megatron was literally D-16, WAY back in the day. It's such a deep cut that I thought they were being lazy with their "robot names" for a second.
Exodus did that first back in 2010.

WFCcomicD16.jpg

The Transformers not having transformation cogs until Alpha Trion gives them to the characters is going to take some getting used to. I guess the idea is probably that the Quintessons removed everyone's T-cogs when they took over the planet?
In the G1 cartoon, the art of transformation was first invented by the Autobots during their first war with the Decepticons long after the Quints had been kicked off the planet, so transformation being a later invention isn't a new idea.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Looks and sounds like hot garbage to me. The Optimus Prime toy looks like a generic Optimus and I'm honestly burnt out from seeing so many similar versions of that design recently in every toyline (Legacy, One, that videogame that's not out yet, ROTB, etc).

The film looks and feels like it wants to be "Super Mario Bros".

Here's a link to the recent news of the Optimus toy.

Here are some pics of the other upcoming toys.

TF ONE PRIME CHANGERS (Optimus Prime)__scaled_600.jpg

TF ONE PRIME CHANGERS (Alpha Trion)__scaled_600.jpg

TF ONE MEGA CHANGERS (Starscream)__scaled_600.jpg

TF ONE MEGA CHANGERS (Optimus Prime)__scaled_600.jpg

TF ONE MEGA CHANGERS (Megatron)__scaled_600.jpg

TF ONE MEGA CHANGERS (Bumblebee)__scaled_600.jpg

TF ONE 2 IN 1 OPTIMUS PRIME ORION PAX MASK ACTION FIGURE 2__scaled_600.jpg

TF ONE 2 IN 1 OPTIMUS PRIME ORION PAX MASK ACTION FIGURE 1__scaled_600.jpg

TF ONE 2 IN 1 BUMBLEBEE (B-127) MASK ACTION FIGURE 2__scaled_600.jpg

TF ONE 2 IN 1 BUMBLEBEE (B-127) MASK ACTION FIGURE 1__scaled_600.jpg

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Ok I formed my thoughts on TF1

I hope it works for Hasbro and co I really do and I will see it. I wont however bust my ass to see it in a theater thats the real rub of it there.
Its not a film I can drag casuals to and see in a theater and its not one my casuals would see anyway.
This is a film Ill buy and watch at home and it was not what I was expecting ether.

I was hoping for an extended version of the opening of Bumblebee Now that was something to see in theaters
And the toy leaks do nothing for me ether.

I dont want this to come off a negative but it kinda is but I wont attack the movie or merch ether and say asswholeish things for hot takes and clout like I have see others do elsewhere at this point im simply indifferent and just kinda whelmed

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
In the G1 cartoon, the art of transformation was first invented by the Autobots during their first war with the Decepticons long after the Quints had been kicked off the planet, so transformation being a later invention isn't a new idea.
Yeah, but we never actually SEE that in detail. I feel like this will probably be the first time the idea is actually explored for any length of time. Which is kind of neat, even if it's odd to be happening so late in the timeline. But, also, it's going to be a little awkward getting T-cogs to EVERYONE on the planet. I suppose that might end up being a plot point later in the movie. Or maybe the very end of the movie will have T-cogs erupting from the center of the planet all over the place. Like a oasis springing from the desert.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Ok I formed my thoughts on TF1

I hope it works for Hasbro and co I really do and I will see it. I wont however bust my ass to see it in a theater thats the real rub of it there.
Its not a film I can drag casuals to and see in a theater and its not one my casuals would see anyway.
This is a film Ill buy and watch at home and it was not what I was expecting ether.

I was hoping for an extended version of the opening of Bumblebee Now that was something to see in theaters
And the toy leaks do nothing for me ether.

I dont want this to come off a negative but it kinda is but I wont attack the movie or merch ether and say asswholeish things for hot takes and clout like I have see others do elsewhere at this point im simply indifferent and just kinda whelmed
I get that feeling. I was left quite "meh" after seeing the trailer (and my interest in toys feels more "analytical" than stuff I'm feeling compelled to buy).

What's keeping me on a higher level of positivity is the staff working on this film. Cooley isn't some shleb, the guy has an extensive Pixar history and wrote what is probably among the BEST films they ever made, and did so addressing some REALLY complex topics. Reviewing the trailer, I can see stuff that lends itself to deeper complexity (no intentional spoilers, this is all extrapolated from the trailer by me):
The idealogical differences between OP and D16 (OP seems more adventurous, seeking to explore and experience, while D16 shows a caution borne of fear or concern over his social status)
Orion and D-16 use jetpacks in the auto race because they (as "worker bots") are apparently deemed not worthy of transformation cogs (to the point the main quartet have obvious "holes", showing a physical "deformity" by the omission of T-cogs). IS there a caste system?
The Cybertronian Society lives under the surface, presumably, to hide the fact the Quintessons have tried to "erase" their history in conquest or make the Cybertronians don't realize they're slaves working to enrich the Quintessons (with the ruling government possibly complacent. Are the quartet being hunted by the ruling government to prevent the underground Cybertronians from realizing a truth?). Or, are the Autobots being kept underground to fuel the Decepticons living on the surface?
There are several sequences of geological activity (possibly being an instigator for the quartet being flung to the surface), reflective of some sort of climate/planetary change?

Again, on their own, the trailer and toys reveals are...fine. But not something that got me spun up. What has kept my interest high is knowing the quality of the people working on the film, and the glimpses of deeper, more complex, themes than the adventure/comedy film that the trailer is selling.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Yeah, but we never actually SEE that in detail. I feel like this will probably be the first time the idea is actually explored for any length of time. Which is kind of neat, even if it's odd to be happening so late in the timeline. But, also, it's going to be a little awkward getting T-cogs to EVERYONE on the planet. I suppose that might end up being a plot point later in the movie. Or maybe the very end of the movie will have T-cogs erupting from the center of the planet all over the place. Like a oasis springing from the desert.

Pax says "I know we're just lowly worker bots who can't even transform" which implies that
1. Transformation is already a known concept; it's not being invented in this movie
2. That some people can do it and others can't, and given it's attachment to "lowly worker bots" might imply is a class thing.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Imagine if this ends up being good. It looks like it aims to be kid friendly, and it's not hidden away on a premium channel or streaming service. Transformers doesn't get that very often anymore.
Or in the 6:00 a.m. dead slot of a major cable channel.

After all of the previous movies tried so hard to be serious that it became impossible to take them at all seriously, I'm more interested in one that tries to actually be fun.
I wouldn't call ROTF a movie that tried to be serious. ;)

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I just want to see one of them, once they figure transforming out, say "I am Transformed" after returning to robot mode.

By the end they'll likely shout their names and Transform, for example:
"OPTIMUS PRIME, TRANSFORM!!" then, bing, bang boom, he switched from robot to vehicle or vehicle to robot as they were doing in the anime series!

Top Bottom