Transformers Nendoroid figures

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
After the Bumblebee solo movie Op and Bee, looks like we're set to get G1 Op and Megs!
0d545c29a863927faa273bdac24b01ca.jpg

Last edited:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's pretty refreshing to get the big head chibi style with an angular look rather than the usual rounded off curvy vibe.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And now (officially) announced: Nendoroid G1 Megatron!
nendoroid_megatron_web4.jpg

nendoroid_megatron_web6.jpg

Goodness, fighting already.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I've just got my G1 Optimus Prime and I'm sending it back for a full refund after getting it because:

- the plastic feels a little bit like gunpla plastic, so I was nervous to move the joints at some points.
- it's too small for the ¥4-5,000 they were charging for it.
- The head was wobbly and articulation was limited due to the size of the head (although I've had other official and KO SD figures from other companies that didn't seem to have this problem).
- No light-up features or enough extra accessories to warrant the price (not even an alternate face, which most Nendoroids are meant to come with).

Screenshot_20220521-131337.jpg
IMG_20220521_115833.jpg
IMG_20220521_115654.jpg
IMG_20220521_115306.jpg
IMG_20220521_115011.jpg

I honestly can't recommend these to anyone, unless they're about 20-30 dollars, maybe. I'll be cancelling/refusing to accept the G1 Megatron I pre-ordered too.

This will be the first and last Nendoroid product I ever buy.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
That.....seems about normal for Nendoroids, honestly.

And how would you do an alternate face on Optimus Prime?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
The many faces of Optimus Prime:
Dull Surprise, Dull Surprise, and of course, Dull Surprise.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
That.....seems about normal for Nendoroids, honestly.

And how would you do an alternate face on Optimus Prime?

Nedoroids seem to usually come with different faceplates and other accessories to "justify" the price (at least IMO). Also, equivalent non-TF figures come with, arguably, more accessories, an equivalent/lower price and sometimes larger size. Coming from a TF collecting background, my first experience with a Nedoroid version is that in those areas, the Nedoroid isn't worth the price.

As for the faceplate, they could even just have different eye expressions, with the mask still on. Plus, there are alternate faceplates for other OP figures, such as damaged, etc.

Mighty Mugs Optimus Prime Faces.gif

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'm even happier I've returned my Nedoroid figures now...

"...New information, shared exclusively with WIRED, provides greater detail into 4chan’s largely unpublicized relationship with a major Japanese toy firm called the Good Smile Company. Legal documents, corporate records, and interviews with those familiar with both companies show that Good Smile played a role in 4chan’s 2015 acquisition..."

(Source: - https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/05/who-owns-4chan/ )

Top Bottom