Transformers movie and season 3: how could they have been done better and got a full season 4 and maybe more seasons?

Nevermore

Citizen
Why not though?
Do you have, like, any opinions of your own, or do you constantly need to ask loaded questions because you need other people to agreed with your implicit positions for validation?

All I see from you are constant "what if...?" questions. What do you think?

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
In marvel uk Ultra magnus was Galvatron's 1 archenemy, so who was Galvatron archenemy in Transformers the movie and season 3, Ultra Magnus, Rodimus prime or both ?

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
A lot of people did not like Optimus being killed but how did people feel about Megatron becoming Galvatron and going insane?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Galvatron was hilarious. His season 3 voice was a divisive for a while, but It grew on me. It's definitely the voice I hear when I read Marvel UK.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Galvatron was hilarious. His season 3 voice was a divisive for a while, but It grew on me. It's definitely the voice I hear when I read Marvel UK.
Me too, but only after "Target: 2006". That story uses the Nimoy Galvatron. From "Fallen Angel" onward, it's the deranged Welker Galvatron.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Now you know...

....and knowing is half the battle!
fc6.gif

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I’m not sure what is actually being asked either. I mean, as a summer release, kids had ample time to see the 86 film prior to the release of new episodes of the series in the fall. Even if they hadn’t, the first episode of season 3 recapped the entire film. Not to mention the comic book adaption.

If the original poster was asking “Would season 3 have been better received if everyone had seen the animated film?”, then…not really. Season 3 would still have its drastic status quo change, it still would have focused on new toys, it still would have been saddled with Akom’s piss poor animation. And the film would still have the, quite brutal, deaths of a number of fan favorite characters.

Again, not entirely sure where the point of discussion is here.
My confusion stems from the idea that the OP seems to assume that, had Season 3 been of better quality (or had better ratings?), we'd have gotten a full Season 4. I'm not at all confident that such would have been the case. Once a few seasons of even good cartoons are in the bag, it's pretty customary for the folks with the money to say "that's enough. Let's move on."

Someone mentioned DuckTales, for example. An extremely well-done and well-remembered show. It lasted for four seasons/100 episodes, arguably the same as Transformers (to be fair, Disney has a specific reputation for limiting how long their shows run).

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
My confusion stems from the idea that the OP seems to assume that, had Season 3 been of better quality (or had better ratings?), we'd have gotten a full Season 4. I'm not at all confident that such would have been the case. Once a few seasons of even good cartoons are in the bag, it's pretty customary for the folks with the money to say "that's enough. Let's move on."

Someone mentioned DuckTales, for example. An extremely well-done and well-remembered show. It lasted for four seasons/100 episodes, arguably the same as Transformers (to be fair, Disney has a specific reputation for limiting how long their shows run).
That reminds me. How exactly did Ninja Turtles end up running for a whopping 10 seasons, far longer than any of its fellow 1980s cartoons?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
That reminds me. How exactly did Ninja Turtles end up running for a whopping 10 seasons, far longer than any of its fellow 1980s cartoons?
I think TMNT, at its peak, was higher and lasted longer than Transformers. Transformers pretty much peaked at 1986 with the remainder of its run riding that momentum to its conclusion in 1990 (with season 5 being a glorified repackage of older episodes). TMNT was basically THE top action toy brand from 1988 until around 1992. And like The Real Ghostbusters (which itself had over a whopping 150 episodes), it was being run in both syndication AND network which required more episodes than a pure syndication production would be able to produce.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
It's worth noting that even those notable exceptions tended to have much smaller handfuls of episodes in their later seasons (this is fairly apparent with TMNT, but RGB was rather haphazard, so it's not quite the same. Still, not even half as many extra episodes as TF [Wikipedia only gives RGB 140 episodes], despite running twice as long in both network and syndication).

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Perhaps in the future, possibly with AI (to visually update it and add authentic English speech), the Japanese-only G1 cartoons could be edited as extensions of the American G1 cartoon continuity (with the Japanese plot edited to "fit" the existing American story)?

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
What was it that Made Galvatron insane?
Ron Friedman said he wanted Galvatron To lose control though he did not act like that in the movie.
Could it because frank welker had already recorded Galvatron for the five faces of evil by the time Nimoy was cast and because of their different acting of Galvatron was where the idea of him going insane after he was beaten was made even though Ron Friedman said it was Megatrons transformation took away some of his intellectual capabilities.
What should we take as the reason he went crazy?

Last edited:

Top Bottom