Transformers Legacy toyline

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
What Zac said; the one with the unique pick axe is supposedly the real one.

The first one is a customization of a headless prototype.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Got notice from BBTS that Armada Prime is in stock and ready to ship. Pretty quick for a toy that was revealed only a month ago.

Feels wrong to ship him while still waiting for Armada Megs but he's not expected until August...

NovaSaber

Citizen
Which ones? The only examples I can even think of (of drills not reaching past the treads) are very specifically the Transformers ones that are retools of regular tanks, which have their drills in place of the tank's cannon.

"Drill tanks" normally have the drill(s) in front of the main body, and the majority of them don't even have turrets.
Even the ones whose designs look the most non-functional for other reasons (Cybertron Menasor comes to mind) get the "drill is the part that's farthest forward" part right.

Last edited:

RichardT519

Citizen
I think I’d much rather pay the $50 extra for them to take another swing at it.

He hasn’t aged well in anything except price.
As long as they don't hold themselves to the original appearance of his alt mode to the level they've been doing since WFC.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
A playset
Oh yeah. This is how I felt about the Ark too, and what I've been saying about a Lost Light if they ever make one. Er, but scaled to like Core and old Cyberverse, not the main line...

You know, I've never even considered this as a suggestion, but it would make a world of difference to me if they gave the option of just ordering, say, 1 sheet out of a 2-sheet set.

This has been the case for a few of their offerings, for me. I can understand lumping together, say, 4 Core class sticker sheets into one set, or multiple Micromaster/WFC cassette sets into one set, and I've even picked up a few such offerings since the total is still reasonably priced.

But as much as I love the hell out of that Prime/Beast Hunters Smokescreen set for Buzzworthy Silverstreak, I have zero use for the stickers-and-parts stuff for Wheeljack that's bundled with it. Same for the Slicer set, as I'm content with the look of Exo-Suit guy.

For me at least, it would feel less "blatantly cash-grabby" if sets that already contain multiple sheets could be purchased separately. It probably isn't too likely to happen, but I think that there may be a segment of the market who would benefit from being able to buy partial / scaled back sheets.

I would love for all of the dumb "we want clear windows... and now we want to cover them up" cel-shaded window nonsense to be on separate sheets. Those are the most optional of optional things. Move them to a whole separate category of stickers, and just make sets that restore old paint/sticker details or break up large chunks of color or complete a look.

I'm guessing of it is also justifying the cost of making a sheet of a certain size, or something, which is why there's so much other filler as well (the G2 Go-Bot Op would be interesting, but there's so much tacky-looking filler I never seriously considered it). Instead of those I'd love more "alternate options" for some stickers (Kingdom Tracks has gold and yellow hood flames; the TR Laser Op sheet had original stickers and reissue stickers, iirc). This is a great way for a single order to really feel worth it, as in an era of redecos coming out in short succession you can sticker multiples up.

Or, since they're clearly fine with smaller $5 sets (of which they make a few), some offerings could probably be trimmed down to the $5 or $10 range.

The quality has always been good and I've gotten lucky in terms of not getting poorly-cut stickers etc, and their customer service has never failed me. It's kind of stunning that all these years later no one else seems to have really stepped up to play in this niche (although there are some sellers with what looks like water-slide decals or rub-transfer stickers?). But this also speaks to how much of a go-to they are.

But the costs are just getting prohibitive and as good as the finished product might look compared to bare plastic, it takes me a while before I can talk myself into dropping $25 on stickers.

Dake

Citizen
Which ones? The only examples I can even think of (of drills not reaching past the treads) are very specifically the Transformers ones that are retools of regular tanks, which have their drills in place of the tank's cannon.

"Drill tanks" normally have the drill(s) in front of the main body, and the majority of them don't even have turrets.
Even the ones whose designs look the most non-functional for other reasons (Cybertron Menasor comes to mind) get the "drill is the part that's farthest forward" part right.

I'd say most of them suffer from the same general issue (just google "drill tank") which is a screw that is not as wide in diameter as the body of the vehicle and/or other stuff in the way. Some are worse than others of course, but on the whole - a real tunnel-boring machine isn't especially dynamic looking; they're just soda cans with grinders on the end.

A_d%C3%A9li_pajzs_a_keresztez%C5%91kamr%C3%A1ban.jpg

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Technically you only need the drill to work like that if you're trying to tunnel; if you're just drilling to mine out ore, you just need to be able to touch the rock.

That said, robot mode would be a way more efficient way for Megatron to do things so the drill tank is really just them trying to square away an alt-mode.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd say most of them suffer from the same general issue (just google "drill tank") which is a screw that is not as wide in diameter as the body of the vehicle and/or other stuff in the way. Some are worse than others of course, but on the whole - a real tunnel-boring machine isn't especially dynamic looking; they're just soda cans with grinders on the end.

A_d%C3%A9li_pajzs_a_keresztez%C5%91kamr%C3%A1ban.jpg

That's boring, all right.

Top Bottom