Transformers Legacy toyline

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I really LIKED the over-the-top set they did for G1 Fortress Maximus. Then again, it also has very little surface detail and by itself looks like a few cinder blocks set next to each other, the city windows really improved it in my opinion. Keep in mind, as with all aesthetic things, mileage may vary.

31840894657_6a076f129f_c.jpg
Okay, the stickers look nice, but WHOA, what is going on over on the left there?!

Is that even allowed on these forums?

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I was trying to make a weapons loadout compatible with the Pretender Megatron/Grand Max shell mold (G1 Maximus of any form has a serious lack of 5mm ports), and then the world ended.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It looks like a Pretender alt mode.

I bet we could get a lot of Pretender repaints out of the Weaponizers, if more people cared about the inner Pretender robots.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Then why aren't all the sets the same price?

Core Starscream is $5 while the ark is $65. Surely they could have just had less sheets for the Ark and sold the set for cheaper overall.
You know, I've never even considered this as a suggestion, but it would make a world of difference to me if they gave the option of just ordering, say, 1 sheet out of a 2-sheet set.

Dake

Citizen
Then why aren't all the sets the same price?

Core Starscream is $5 while the ark is $65. Surely they could have just had less sheets for the Ark and sold the set for cheaper overall.
I mean... If you really only want one Core Starscream worth of stickers for something the size of the Ark I guess I can't really debate that.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
What drew me to Reprolabels initially was the quality of their G1 sticker sheet replicas. In the 90s, I ordered from them quite a bit as I completed more and more of my G1 collection. As time went on and the Transformers brand branched out and offered more, so did their company; it makes sense. Increasingly though, it felt to me that a lot of the sets on offer seemed to exist solely to justify a price point, rather than to truly fulfill a deco need.

I still do enjoy buying from them on occasion, because they really do make nice-quality stuff (for instance, I like that they are doing some weapons and dioramas). But as Undead Scottsman and G.B. Blackrock have said, it would be nice if there were more options available - particularly with the larger sticker sets. For me at least, it would feel less "blatantly cash-grabby" if sets that already contain multiple sheets could be purchased separately. It probably isn't too likely to happen, but I think that there may be a segment of the market who would benefit from being able to buy partial / scaled back sheets.

Last edited:

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I mean... If you really only want one Core Starscream worth of stickers for something the size of the Ark I guess I can't really debate that.

The argument was whether or not "less stickers" means "less money" and someone was disputing that, but we can see sticker packs that run the gamet on Toyhax, they didn't NEED to put out a $65 pack of stickers for the Ark; they have sticker packs available for less, I'm seeing packs ranging from 5,10,15, 25 and 35 bucks. I think they could have easily gotten away with $35 worth of stickers for the Ark.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, that's where I am, too. I would love a 1-2 sheet set for the Ark that adds some details to the ship mode, helps visually sell the scale of the thing, but I don't want to buy a $65, 9-sheet set. I'm never going to want to cover transparent windows with a sticker, for instance.

It would be nice if they offered those in like 2 or 3 different themed packs, so that you could buy "Set A" to add spaceship outer details, "Set B" to add internal details and Mainframe/Teletraan details, and "Set C" for robot mode details. Buy all three sets together and save $5 or something.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
yeah, count me in the "Priced Out" category.

I dug out my GoBots Command Center from childhood and it's not in too bad shape except for the stickers that are fairly ratty. I looked up the Toyhax replacement.

I want them but $40 is SO MUCH to pay for Stickers...

ZacWilliam, you can still get a decent sized actuall toy for that so dropping it on Sticky paper is a tough sell.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Since this feels like the "General Generations" Thread, I saw couple odd things to report:
Hasbro Pulse has restocked Transformers WFC Siege Optimus Prime. The Voyager one. I don't know why Hasbro felt it necessary to rerun that figure, as I can't imagine that there would be enough inventory from nearly 5 years ago to bother putting up for sale. I'm tempted to order one on the off chance it's a new run that omits the dirt deco.

And at my local Walgreens, after not having deluxe Transformers for the last couple years, they suddenly put out... SIX Red Alerts. Minty fresh. I don't know if it's a Walgreens distribution sucks or my local store sucks at putting out stuff they got years ago. Keep in mind Minerva still seems rare and Medix is on tap for the fall.

RichardT519

Citizen
The Walgreens locations in my area got Red Alert about a month after Minerva was no longer available on their website.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Since this feels like the "General Generations" Thread, I saw couple odd things to report:
Hasbro Pulse has restocked Transformers WFC Siege Optimus Prime. The Voyager one. I don't know why Hasbro felt it necessary to rerun that figure, as I can't imagine that there would be enough inventory from nearly 5 years ago to bother putting up for sale. I'm tempted to order one on the off chance it's a new run that omits the dirt deco.

And at my local Walgreens, after not having deluxe Transformers for the last couple years, they suddenly put out... SIX Red Alerts. Minty fresh. I don't know if it's a Walgreens distribution sucks or my local store sucks at putting out stuff they got years ago. Keep in mind Minerva still seems rare and Medix is on tap for the fall.

It might of been left over stock that they came across, after all the Vrius did throw a lot of things into chaos and Optimus prime is likely one of the most mass produced figures as he is so popular and being one of the main faces of the brand its self

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I feel like the same person who leaked that Skyfire and Sky-Lynx would be reissued also said Siege Optimus would be as well.

Top Bottom