Transformers Legacy toyline

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I'm seeing videos being posted where they talk about the beach comber and Devcon wave being canceled...anyone know anything about this? I can't watch the video right now, so maybe I'm mis interpreting it
When the preorders for the wave went out last week(?), it was noticed in Canada that none of the major retailers were soliciting the deluxes. A couple of folks did some digging and found out that Hasbro Canada wasn't soliciting it to retailers (Amazon Canada, Gamestop, Walmart Canada, etc). But it was just the deluxe wave only, and the other size classes were still solicited.

So, us Canadian folk have to resort to other retailers like A3U, Toy Snowman, and such in order to secure those.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm guessing that Hasbro Canada wants to focus on Rise of the Beasts primary and not care about Legacy, but this is just guessing on my part, then again, the wave might turn up later on, the UK gets theirs a few months after the US, at least with the online retailers I use

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do too. But as the times have changed, so have my collecting habits. Anything that I know I will really want, I preorder. If I should happen to come across something I'm looking for at a physical store, cool; happy accident. Hunting for toys the old-school way just isn't as groovy as it used to be.

This is pretty much me these days. My Walmarts are clogged with their exclusives TFs, and my Targets are hit or miss.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I live in a town of 30,000 people.

Once upon a time we had a KB toys, a Fred Meyer (i.e. Kroger) and a K-Mart as places you could get mainstream stoys like transformers (there was a bookstore that sold "educational" toys, basically Lego and building blocks). K-Mart obviously died and was replaced by Walmart, KB Toy also died, and then Walmart decided this area wasn't worth sticking around and bailed, leaving the Fred Meyer as the only place in town that sells Transformers for nearly a decade now. And the merc there is outdated and overpriced.

I basically have had to do online since 2016. it sucks too because these companies don't bother consolidating mail these days, so I wind up putting a 6 item order into Hasbro Pulse and it gets shipped out in five different boxes and that cannot be good for the environment.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That made me check my town to find out that we have a population of 37K. We are right outside the state capital, so that is why we probably have a target and a walmart. We used to have a Best Buy and a Circuit City, but CC went out of business and Best Buy left to consolidate at the new mall in the capital.

We used to have a really crappy TRUs in the capital. like it hadn't changed a bit in 30 years before it closed. It never got new merch, and was kind of depressing.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
it sucks too because these companies don't bother consolidating mail these days, so I wind up putting a 6 item order into Hasbro Pulse and it gets shipped out in five different boxes and that cannot be good for the environment.

Tell it, brother. I just received the G1 Thundercracker reissue from Pulse and the box was gargantuan. He was the only thing in the order, too.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Pulse has gotten a little better. When they first started, every single item in an order would be shipped separately no matter what. Now they seem to combine items if they all ship out on the same day, at least.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Wough, that is a tough one to swallow, but Ima do it.
Really?? Nobody’s gonna say it??? Fine. I will.
1682115832749.gif

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's ironic that there's finally a toyline where Action Master Thundercracker fits in visually, yet he doesn't meet the "never released by Hasbro" theme of the line.

Top Bottom