Transformers Legacy toyline

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Well, I mean, beyond the red wheels, it does a solid job of what it's supposed to do. It's far from a lost cause.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
The lower part of the upper arm is also red on the Legacy version and not any of the others... but it doesn't seem out of place admittedly. Didn't strike me as off until it was put next to all the rest.

Dake

Citizen
Time to start looking for a dirt cheap Skids or Burnout for donor wheels.

I was going to say - as much as I hate the snap on hubs like this mold uses for its front wheels, it'd be nice if they used them at the rear as well as a swap would be easier. And if anything, the red wheels would be a fun homage to IDW Skids.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
The red wheels look AWFUL. It's like some cheap knockoff from Sirtoys.

Why would anyone with even half a braincell want this, if it actually comes with red wheels? Every version that's come out before this is better than the new version pictured. I hope that this is just some sort of factory reject/test shot image.
I'm not about to defend the Legend figure's accuracy, but if some folks like it, it's not okay for you to insult their tastes.

They're just wheels on a toy, for crying out loud!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
"But... But-But these toys are supposed to be trying to look like REAL vehicles!"

Yeah, whatever. They're still toys.

MrBlud

Citizen
Yeah, maybe go on a nice relaxing bike ride…
E4724D04-4517-451B-B911-43A864E0EA75.jpeg

Lobjob

Citizen
I just think it pops more and is a nice dose of new.

What is weird is *why* super accurate Hasbro went that route at all if this is final.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Might just be how the mold was designed; the wheels were on the same channel as some other part and the choice was to either make THAT part black or the wheels red.

Dake

Citizen
Might just be how the mold was designed; the wheels were on the same channel as some other part and the choice was to either make THAT part black or the wheels red.

I'm sure this is the case. It's a little odd but looking at all three molds, the consistency appears to be the wheels, upper arms and fists (as well as maybe some connector pieces like at the shoulders/hips).

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Red wheels aren't bad, but they're badly done on this figure, as the original versions didn't have them and the manner in which the red wheels have been rendered makes it look unfinished or cheap. I'm sure those that do like the wheels being red can acknowledge this.

Here's a TF design with red wheel parts.

IMG20221107110438_Newage_NA_H46_Backdraft.jpg

And, as others have pointed out, there are numerous examples of good red wheel design. If I remember rightly, didn't some 50's cars have white or red tyres?

However, this is what Hasbro's latest offering looks like.

KO Hasblo.jpg

The only "insults" being thrown are by Hasbro, aimed squarely at those that might like such a design choice by offering them in such an unfinished state. This figure it's, to steal a joke from another transfan, more "Costcut" than "Crosscut".

Well, I mean, beyond the red wheels, it does a solid job of what it's supposed to do. It's far from a lost cause.
But for some of us here, it's more like...

Last edited:

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Red wheels aren't bad, but they're badly done on this figure, as the original versions didn't have them and the manner in which the red wheels have been rendered makes it look unfinished or cheap. I'm sure those that do like the wheels being red can acknowledge this.
I acknowledge that that is your opinion. You don't appear to acknowledge that others are allowed to disagree.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Oh and look at this: Legacy Titan class Cybertron Metroplex was among the winners of two different categories in Seibertron.com's 2022 Year End Review. Once in "Transformers Toy of the Year" and again in "Favorite Legacy Toy".

And he was picked by a different person in each category, so it isn't just the same guy shilling the same toy.

And yet another person in the comments gave Metroplex an honorable mention for both categories.

Ergo, people really do like that toy. Go figure.

Last edited:

Top Bottom