Transformers Legacy toyline

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Something, something, aimed at being abusive, please block me.
Something, something, I didn't read your posts and have got the wrong end of the stick, so please block me too
Ahh, two trolls for the block-list, I see. In we go then. Try not to bite each other, eh? Food is served twice a day.

In other news, new comparison pics.

Junkions.jpg

Last edited:

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Darn. When did this place become tfw2005? Please don't bring that kind of argumentative stuff here, all. I like the usual peaceful environment here. :(

EDIT: This place did end up like tfw2005 in the end, didn't it? At least for me... :(

Last edited:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Ahh, two trolls for the block-list, I see. In we go then. Try not to bite each other, eh? Food is served twice a day.

In other news, new comparison pics.

View attachment 11161
OK, back Wreck-gar is the SS86. I can't place the front one though. It's not RTS and it's not CW. G1 has the huge head. I don't recall Wreck-Gar getting any other upcoming new toys offhand, beyond two non-transformable ones where his goatee goes halfway down his chest. 3rd party or KO?

And on another note, while I'm basically indifferent to the Titan Cyb Metroplex(though I'm glad people are enjoying it), "Notroplex" being constantly used is kind of annoying. I had no idea what was even being referred to at first until I read back and picked out the context and replies. Personally I think calling it Megalo if you don't want to write out Cyb Metroplex is a fine way to handle it(or perhaps Legacy Metroplex, since there's only one of those) but Notroplex is something I've -never- heard of outside this thread and unless this is the next "var mode," I'd guess there's other people who might come across these posts and be confused at first too before reading back. So in the interest of readibility if that discussion continues, would it be possible to use Megalo at least, if you don't want to write out Cyb Metroplex each time? Or at the very least just Legacy Metroplex? Please and thank you?

Darth_Prime

Citizen
The doubling down and refusal to accept and admit a mistake after referring to him as Armada Metroplex is definitely helping the case too
This makes me laugh. And then trying to lump it in because its part of the Unicron Trilogy. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

also, can we stop the childish bs?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
[Irrelevant/inaccurate comment removed from quote]
The trolls responsible for their childish remarks have been blocked, wheras the difference between Armada/Cybertron/Energon was a moot point and irrelevant to the discussion. I'm sure with that out of the way we are all ready to move on.

As for the errant Wreckgar, I would think it's a Legend-class 3P?

NovaSaber

Citizen
No, it's famous for being a massive ship, both by those that grew up with G1, Beast Wars and even the WFC/FOC games. It's widely known TF lore and thus isn't a surprise that it's getting the Titan Class treatment.
With the exception of the Ark (which is several times more iconic than the Nemesis), the "this vehicle that isn't a Transformer gets made as a toy that is" thing had never been done at a size above Voyager, and primarily only in movie lines.
So yeah, it would be surprising if it had been revealed without being rumored beforehand.

I don't recall stating anything about G1. I myself would welcome Tidalwave or any other decent non-G1 set, such as Orcanoch, etc.
Well, Orcanoch is one that actually would be more obscure than the Nemesis...probably more interesting, though.

No, not really. The Nemesis is far more well-known in TF lore and has a far longer history/featured more prevalently in TF media:

- https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Nemesis_(G1)

- https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Metroplex_(Cybertron)
You can't judge prominence by wiki page length. It's skewed by things like the Nemesis's page having more than one crew list, and the lengthy toy entry for TR Trypticon who most people wouldn't identify as being the Nemesis.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Well, Orcanoch is one that actually would be more obscure than the Nemesis...probably more interesting, though.

However, neither Orchanoch, nor the Predacon spider base would honestly get made as a titan class figure, due to their parts-forming and lack of real relevance to the fandom. I included it to show how erroneously proffering "gee-wunner" was.

You can't judge prominence by wiki page length. It's skewed by things like the Nemesis's page having more than one crew list, and the lengthy toy entry for TR Trypticon who most people wouldn't identify as being the Nemesis.

I didn't. I based it upon the amount of different media and toys linked to that character, which I believe the wiki apply demonstrates in my favour.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm pretty sure the Nemesis Titan won't need recognition as much, because it's probably just going to be a cool toy, since it's the Decepticon counterpart/equivalent.

Trypticon > Metroplex

Scorponok > Fortress Maximus

And thus, Nemesis will probably be > The Ark.

Incidentally, I wouldn't mind if Hasbro drew more from the Victory for it, since it would be neat to be able to transform it and reconstruct the Decepticons' underwater base as a playset.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Since the Ark's robot mode was inspired by the Last Autobot, who could the Nemesis be based on? My main thoughts are Liege Maximo or D-Void/Deceptigod.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Okay, let's just redirect the conversation away from the back-and-forth about Metroplex please. It is starting to devolve to becoming personal.

I am excited about the Nemesis. I've been a fan of the ship ever since G1 and the simple concept sketches that leaked a little while back make the transformation sequence look fun and interesting.

Ultra Magnus I'm kind of on the fence about. I really enjoy Siege Magnus so not sure I'm willing to pay out Commander pricing for another. He'll have to be really special for me to do that.

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Incidentally, I wouldn't mind if Hasbro drew more from the Victory for it, since it would be neat to be able to transform it and reconstruct the Decepticons' underwater base as a playset.

Much like I would have preferred that the Ark transform into an Autobot Base / Mt. St. Hilary playset, I would actually love if the Nemesis transformed into the underwater Decepticon base (I know it's incorrect and that the Victory wreckage is what became the base, but the heart wants what it wants.)

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Very few people remember that the underwater base wasn't the Decepticons original ship anyway, and the physical similarities were debated all the way back on Ben Yee's old discussion board, with the usual head-canon being that the Decepticons used either parts for or blueprints from their first ship to make things work, so a base mode makes sense. Extending tower gimmick?

I'd not be surprised if the Purple Griffon did make an appearance, simply because it exists and would have a hard time fitting anywhere else, like how Countdown wound up with Omega's big rocket. Besides, it's not the first time we saw a 'beast' counterpart to the Autobot city/base. Metroplex with Trypticon was obvious but Fort Max had 1/3 of Skorponok too...

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Since the Ark's robot mode was inspired by the Last Autobot, who could the Nemesis be based on? My main thoughts are Liege Maximo or D-Void/Deceptigod.
In the poster for Evolution, everyone thought the Nemesis's face was Tarn, so I'm guessing it'll have this great big Tarn-looking face:

TF-Legacy-Evolution-main-artwork.jpg

Very few people remember that the underwater base wasn't the Decepticons original ship anyway, and the physical similarities were debated all the way back on Ben Yee's old discussion board, with the usual head-canon being that the Decepticons used either parts for or blueprints from their first ship to make things work, so a base mode makes sense.
The Nemesis being found underwater in Beast Wars likely did no favors for this misconception.

The underwater base being the Nemesis was definitely made true in both the Dreamwave G1 comics and in certain stories found in the 2004 Transformers Legends anthology book, no doubt inspired by this misconception.

Last edited:

Kup

Citizen
I'm pretty sure the Nemesis Titan won't need recognition as much, because it's probably just going to be a cool toy, since it's the Decepticon counterpart/equivalent.

Trypticon > Metroplex

Scorponok > Fortress Maximus

And thus, Nemesis will probably be > The Ark.

Was your use of the > sign your way of saying each of the Decepticon Titans are better than their Autobot counterparts? Because I actually agree with this sentiment, minus the yet as unseen Nemesis.

I think that’s part of my frustration with Cybertron Metroplex. Besides a lack of attachment to the character/show, I’ve felt like both Metroplex and Max need a revisiting. Compared to the stellar Trypticon/Scorponok molds, Max/Plex didn’t feel…right. I was hoping this Titan Plex might have addressed some of those issues.

Which is why I asked about your usage of the > sign.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Pretty sure he just used the ">" sign like an arrow pointing to their respective Titan class rivals/counterparts.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
it’s whatever is before the symbol on the left side + symbols meaning.
> = greater than
< = less than.
For example:
Unicron Trilogy > Beast Wars
Constructicons < Soundwave

Just having a little fun. Please don’t take this too serious.

But I’m right and you know it. 😂

Top Bottom