Transformers Legacy toyline

Dake

Citizen
Yeah - my Dead End's altmode rear does not tab together seamlessly. It's secure - just has a gap all the way through. At least in gauntlet mode it's forced to close up a bit more.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think Skullgrin has a great robot mode but one of the worst var modes released in years.

Agreed. I love Skullgrin in robot mode, but he's essentially an Action Master. I've transformed him a couple of times, but don't feel the need to ever do so again.

It would have been more forgivable if he had been a Core class like his pretender brothers.

Shadewing

Citizen
He would have been fine, if he actually looked MORE like this G1 Alt mode. Legacy is just a brick with guns. G1, is actually a pretty curvy sci-fi tank that at a deluxe size would have looked really nice.

Skullgrinalt.JPG

Shadewing

Citizen
It's time to admit that Pretender alt modes weren't so bad.

Honestly, if they'd found something to do with the heads to better conceal them, I think you'd have a lot less complaints over all, as that would remove some of the 'robot folded in half' elements. Becuase I think in general they are fine as 'Cybertronian' alt modes. Simple vehicles that make getting places easier.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Pretender inner robots were very much function over form, but they did the job.

Except for the ones that just turn into blocks and then add on a chunk of kibble from the shell, like Gunrunner. He got boned.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I kinda like that type. They're like the first trans-scanning toys. The entire alt mode is removable. Deliberately, not like Beast Era shellformers.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
PrimevsPrime has a video up for Legacy Hot Shot and I'm pretty impressed. His transformation is a lot more interesting that I would have guessed.

Bit sad he doesn't have his saw feet and it's a shame those leg panels can't cover up those shin hollows, but given their size it's pretty clear why they're on the legs and not on the arms. (Also they swivel out of the way if you're worried about articulation.) I'll definitely be looking at a sticker pack to get some yellow back on his arms though. The way the backpack fold back while maintaining the spoiler look on his shoulders is more clever than I expected.

Not perfect, but he looks pretty dang good considering the toy he's inspired from.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I miss the big forearms of the original toy but I understand why they did what they did. The new one does look good. All I hoped for was some representation of the axelzooka and they didn't let me down.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If nothing else, I want any Minicons that have some meaningful integration beyond unlocking a weapon. Like Blackout completing Demolishor's tank mode.

Shadewing

Citizen
You'll get your Mini-cons - as core class triple changers (robot - vehicle - weapon) in Legacy 3.

I think we might see them in Evolution, but likely most of them will come in 3. Drillbit, Swindle, Jolt, likely Sparkplug and Leader-1. Drillbit and Leader-1 would obviously be retools of each other. Swindle could have a sheild mode that both compliments Starscream's swordmanship and also homages the original's remolded as part of the Skyboom Shield; and then all we're missing is a Requiem Blaster. Sparkplug will be the most interesting just to see how much 'Bumblebee' he is, since a lot of that came from Dreamwave. Jolt I would just kinda love if they just made a stand-alone Cop-Tur from him as an easy repaintm bonus points for him being actually remolded.

Top Bottom