Transformers Legacy toyline

Kup

Citizen
All kidding aside, the Wheeljack who appeared in Victory was later revealed to be the Wheeljack from the alternate timeline of Binaltech. He, along with Binaltech Prowl, had traveled to the main Japanese G1 timeline when contact between the two branching timelines had been established around 2010. However, due to certain actions by the Quintessons back in the BT World, Wheeljack and Prowl found themselves trapped in the main G1 World in early 2011, unable to return to their own timeline. Thus, the two were left with little choice but to stay in the main G1 World and take the places of this world's Wheeljack and Prowl who had previously perished back in 2005.

All from the story titled "Controverse".

And as for why Minerva's new toy isn't a Headmaster, Mark Maher explained that he really wanted to make a proper toy of her, but that making an Elita-1 who could also be pretooled as Minerva was the only way to get her made at all, even if that meant her losing her Headmaster gimmick:

I thought all of that was undone with the BT timeline split or something? That Prowl and Wheeljack’s reappearances were still unexplained. TIL…

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I thought all of that was undone with the BT timeline split or something? That Prowl and Wheeljack’s reappearances were still unexplained. TIL…
Binaltech spun off into its own splinter timeline running parallel to the original. All that was erased from the main timeline were Ravage's machinations in the latter half of the BT storyline. But since Binaltech veered into its own timeline, those events did still happen in the BT timeline.

The Phazer

Citizen
Also, how is this Minerva toy any different from this Goshooter toy?

Generationstoy-Goshooter.jpg

Goshooter transforms into something that vaguely resembles a car.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Good God, I used to go nuts for HESS Trucks when I was a kid. Just seeing them on display in the gas station was enough to get me jumping up and down.
What's a "HESS truck"? A quick search yielded lots of different types of lorries in white and green livery.

Official Product Image Transformers Generations Holiday Optimus Prime (16)__scaled_600.jpg
Official Product Image Transformers Generations Holiday Optimus Prime (15)__scaled_600.jpg
Official Product Image Transformers Generations Holiday Optimus Prime (14)__scaled_600.jpg
Official Product Image Transformers Generations Holiday Optimus Prime (13)__scaled_600.jpg
Official Product Image Transformers Generations Holiday Optimus Prime (12)__scaled_600.jpg
Official Product Image Transformers Generations Holiday Optimus Prime (11)__scaled_600.jpg

I'm surprised that Hasbro didn't paint the inside of the trailer or even offer a few accessories, like a Christmas tree with a 5mm peg to attach to the ports on the "ground" of the trailer interior sides, or some white showmen, etc. It would really be an ideal "workshop" to make toys. There needs to be done Christmas themed "Notbots" to double as his elves/toys. He also needs a hat and beard. I'll have to visit a bargain shop to get some tat with which to "customise" it all.

Also, with the added red paint, I cannot unsee the "puppy with a lipstick stick on display" from the undercarriage...

Official Product Image Transformers Generations Holiday Optimus Prime (12)__scaled_600~01.jpg

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm surprised that Hasbro didn't paint the inside of the trailer or even offer a few accessories, like a Christmas tree with a 5mm peg to attach to the ports on the "ground" of the trailer interior sides, or some white showmen, etc. It would really be an ideal "workshop" to make toys. There needs to be done Christmas themed "Notbots" to double as his elves/toys. He also needs a hat and beard. I'll have to visit a bargain shop to get some tat with which to "customise" it all.
Regarding the beard, from some earlier, lower-resolution pictures, I thought his mouthplate was painted white (to be a Santa beard), but I don't think that that's the case now that I can see it clearer.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Regarding the beard, from some earlier, lower-resolution pictures, I thought his mouthplate was painted white (to be a Santa beard), but I don't think that that's the case now that I can see it clearer.
Looks white to me, but regardless, I want the full "Marvel Comics" look the designers based it on.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
What's a "HESS truck"? A quick search yielded lots of different types of lorries in white and green livery.
In the states, HESS was (is?) a chain of gas stations. When I was a kid, they used to sell a toy truck around the holidays (and possibly other times of the year), and I always got excited when the new one would come out. I think that all of the white on this Prime kind of pings the HESS nostalgia feels for me.

Regarding another point in your post, I am not surprised that they didn't throw a little more stank on him in the form of a stocking cap, tree, reindeer, star - anything that would further drive home the "holiday" theme. If we lived in less economically turbulent times, I would be surprised, but not now. As it is, they took the existing Prime trailer, blasted it with white, threw a few red stripes on it, and called it good. Kinda boring, IMO, but I am glad for those that like it.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
In the states, HESS was (is?) a chain of gas stations. When I was a kid, they used to sell a toy truck around the holidays (and possibly other times of the year), and I always got excited when the new one would come out. I think that all of the white on this Prime kind of pings the HESS nostalgia feels for me.

Regarding another point in your post, I am not surprised that they didn't throw a little more stank on him in the form of a stocking cap, tree, reindeer, star - anything that would further drive home the "holiday" theme. If we lived in less economically turbulent times, I would be surprised, but not now. As it is, they took the existing Prime trailer, blasted it with white, threw a few red stripes on it, and called it good. Kinda boring, IMO, but I am glad for those that like it.

Just means Toyhax gets to go all out on it. Becuase if I get this, I am sure as hell getting whatever sticker set they have to make the trailer interior at all interesting.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Just means Toyhax gets to go all out on it. Becuase if I get this, I am sure as hell getting whatever sticker set they have to make the trailer interior at all interesting.
I'm typically not a fan of Toyhax's "embellishment" sets (I very much appreciate the sets that either replace lost stickers, or in the case of newer toys, replicate the look of the classic versions), but I do agree that the trailer needs something, and I'd definitely consider a Christmas-specific variation in this case.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Amazingly, HESS is still around making toy trucks for Christmas. Here's last year's HESS truck toy commercial:

Though, it wasn't a truck.

Last edited:

Top Bottom