Transformers Legacy toyline

Lobjob

Citizen
I kind of expect them to do something weird here for Dinoking. I'm not sure what kind of weird, but I am looking forward to it.

Great bunch of reveals though. I like where we are headed.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Twincast would be great to have. So would cassettes for Blaster. This is getting to be a little BS from Hasbro on not getting these out. Especially when you consider all the versions we are getting of Soundwave and his dudes.

On the other side, Armada Hot Shot looks good. To bad he’s not coming with Jolt.

Needlenose looks wonderful, worth the wait after years of rumors.

Lio Convoy is a must buy for me as well. Always wanted an original version. Masterpiece looked great but too expensive.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
So, if it wasn’t obvious, Legacy got wave 4 axed. Shouldn’t be surprising given wave 3 will barely make it out in 2022 (and YMMV in that regard)

The leakers put forth the original idea was that wave 4 was going to be Breakdown (to complete Menasor) with reships of Wheeljack and Cheetor. So, I guess we missed those two in Legacy boxes. Wouldn’t be the first time, Starscream got his rerun in Kingdom cut (presumably because of the Coronation Studio release).

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's almost as if these unnecessary repacks exist just to feed the beast that demands cancelled products. Not much else ever gets truly cancelled anymore, just bumped into the next line.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
It's almost as if these unnecessary repacks exist just to feed the beast that demands cancelled products. Not much else ever gets truly cancelled anymore, just bumped into the next line.
I can see the value in some of these repacks in keeping more accessible characters reasonably available.

That said, I was a little surprised to hear Hasbro referring to Evolution up to wave 4…when it still isn’t clear if the distribution issues have been cleared up. I STILL have seen wave 2 deluxe figures.

But if the Entertainment Earth listings are accurate, we aren’t getting the “hard break” between the line segments. Breakdown is still in “wave 4”, it’s just that now “wave 4” is sporting the Evolution sub-branding. Maybe this is Hasbro’s way of addressing the recent issues by just rolling Legacy as a long term line like Star Wars Black or GI Joe Classified instead of resetting the product line every year.

MrBlud

Citizen
As pointed out by Seibertron, this seems pretty damn likely…

B7B14F53-A0BE-4AA8-B08F-97369911F011.jpeg
1C6CECCD-7B85-4F81-8A18-787497BBAE0B.jpeg

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
My Jhiaxus' head is good and floppy but I still think he's one of the best figures this year.

The Phazer

Citizen
So, if it wasn’t obvious, Legacy got wave 4 axed. Shouldn’t be surprising given wave 3 will barely make it out in 2022 (and YMMV in that regard)

The leakers put forth the original idea was that wave 4 was going to be Breakdown (to complete Menasor) with reships of Wheeljack and Cheetor. So, I guess we missed those two in Legacy boxes. Wouldn’t be the first time, Starscream got his rerun in Kingdom cut (presumably because of the Coronation Studio release).

Wave 3 allocations are shipping this week in the UK...

Having said that it's not a great loss given Breakdown is going to Evo Wave 1.

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
My Jhiaxus' neck is fine. The issue with mine is that his right leg doesn't lock together like the left one does, so the thruster in his calf flops around freely.

Glitch

Citizen
It's been noted that a car Junkion on the poster could be retooled into Lockdown and Shadow Striker.

Edit: Also note, the Spacebridge above Leo Prime is like the ones from Animated, and given the series having Matrix bearers, there's a chance Optimus may have the Armada Matrix.

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's been noted that a car Junkion on the poster could be retooled into Lockdown and Shadow Striker.

Yeah, that car is very clearly a Lockdown pre-tool. I'm super excited about this because Lockdown was one of Animated's many great contributions to Transformers, and him being one of these new transformable-as-is yet also pull-apartable Junkions is perfect for a character that, canonically, is always replacing bits of himself with better bits he removes from his captured bounties. In fact, I couldn't help but notice that Scraphook's tow hook would work nicely as Lockdown's hook hand.

scraphook.jpg

Top Bottom