Transformers Legacy toyline

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
So, people want them to create an entirely new mold that just happens to transform pretty much the exact same as another becuase he's still got to work as carmor for Menasor; and since 90% of you are likely to keep him in Menasor mode, will actually never be seen becuase he forms a calf?
You say that like it's a bad thing... ;)

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Design wise for me it goes
Vehicle-robot mode-combine mode
If the vehicle mode does not work for me that kills my interest if your going to spend 24 bucks for a TF and only for one mode what are your doing?
Look not every line is gonna be perfect I get that This time was Breakdowns turn

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I honestly probably would have never noticed without people pointing it out online. He's either going to be in robot mode or leg mode most of the time for me so I'm not too put out anyway, but it does feel like they cut some corners at the last minute due to budget.

Last edited:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
So, people want them to create an entirely new mold that just happens to transform pretty much the exact same as another becuase he's still got to work as carmor for Menasor; and since 90% of you are likely to keep him in Menasor mode, will actually never be seen becuase he forms a calf?

I mean, not really? The Countach and the Ferrari have distinctive enough noses that it's kind of obvious that Breakdown's nose isn't remolded from Wildrider's, and clearly several people believe it should have been. After Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, Breakdown is the third transformation for the Countach, and I think the expectation was that Breakdown's car mode would at least somewhat match the first 2. The nose of the car seems like something that could have been planned as part of a Breakdown-specific alternate mold for the Wildrider set from the very beginning. It's not like the designers didn't know what figures they were going to be making when they decided to go ahead with the Menasor redux. So, from the outside, it seems like an odd choice to forego the last little bit to make the car mode distinctly Breakdown. Obviously, there were probably reasons that we don't or may not ever know.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm not super bothered by this Breakdown, but I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for people to expect that entire list of things when Hasbro managed it the first three times. (Although only one previous time was a calf.)

The Phazer

Citizen

They don't need to create an entirely new mold, just the white sprue and the clear sprue. And they have done this in the line, multiple times.

But yes, they absolutely needed to do an entire new white sprue. It looks awful.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Thanks! Not Photoshop, though, just good old Microsoft Paint. It's the only picture-editing program I know how to use.
Have you tried "Paint.Net"? It's an open source extension/evolution of MS Paint and it's free (and not in a "dodgy knockoff website with tracking" sort of way).

Here's the Wikipedia link, which then has a link to the official site, in order to avoid any feelings of unease:

- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint.net

Glitch

Citizen
Don't forget Twincast and Rewind Hasblowup. I mean Hasbro.

Also Armada Optimus in that poster could be the Commander class.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I think the lion head can be "saved" if I add some extra paint details:

- Light greenish/blueish-grey eyes, with black "mascara" and pupil with highlight (closer to the original toy, rather than the MP or cartoon version).

- Metallic gold paint on the yellow parts.

- Black velum on the inside of the lips and between nose and mouth.

- dark grey wash and lighter white highlights around eyes

- Metallic silver teeth

Here's a quick and dirty digital mock-up:

Lio Convoy.png

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
Don't forget Twincast and Rewind Hasblowup. I mean Hasbro.

Also Armada Optimus in that poster could be the Commander class.

Yeah, after Motormaster I'm 90% sure that Armada Prime is our Commander for Evolution. As I doubt we'd be able to get his super-mode done well at Leader Class. It's kinda the logical next step from Motormaster, without doing another combiner so soon.

Glitch

Citizen
Soundblaster is the most disappointing thing since we're also getting Soundwave in wave 3 and throwing out spaceship Sounddwave then Shattered glass tape deck Soundwave is a bit of a dick move unless they plan of doing a Studio Series 86 leader class Soundwave with Frenzy, Ravage, Ratbat, Laserbeak.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
Now that pulsecon reveals are done time to wait months for Shadowstriker, Strongarm, and maybe more junkions to be revealed or leaked. They're the upcoming legacy stuff I really care about.

Though I guess there could always be more selects and exclusives that tempt me.
We gotta get a Glyph one of these days after all.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Now that pulsecon reveals are done time to wait months for Shadowstriker, Strongarm, and maybe more junkions to be revealed or leaked. They're the upcoming legacy stuff I really care about.

Though I guess there could always be more selects and exclusives that tempt me.
We gotta get a Glyph one of these days after all.

Ideally packed with Tap-Out.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Dinoking is tricky. If they color the bots like their shells, Dinoking won't end up looking much like Dinoking.

cursed Dinoking shell color.png

Could it work though?

Top Bottom