Transformers Legacy toyline

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Breakdown is the make or break fig for the entire Stunticon line if he is screwed up I will not get this set
I’ve got Dragstrip and Wildrider. Have yet to see Motormaster in the wild. That might be the make or break for me.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Motormaster going on deep discount at Amazon will be my make or break in getting the rest of them (it worked for Rodimus Prime last year!).

Though a non-Lamborghini Breakdown is gonna have a huge say in it, too.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
👆 same. Going to be in combined mode. Not super worried.

I’m more worried about that Menasor face. Those photos made it look kinda bad IMO.

one photo made it look bad. apparently left is his bad side. Looked a lot better from the right.

Attachments

• E656CA4E-A642-4C84-9E93-D49116CD71C6.png
    E656CA4E-A642-4C84-9E93-D49116CD71C6.png
    377 KB · Views: 69
  • B5452D55-F52B-410F-9D4D-81D87CD56538.png
    B5452D55-F52B-410F-9D4D-81D87CD56538.png
    411.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Admission: I've never cared much about the Stunticons. The Aerialbots were always my combiner team as a kid, and the Stunticons were the boring ones I let my little brother play with.

When I bought Dragstrip I assumed I'd complete the team. And they DO look better than the CW versions, but... it's real hard for me to work up any enthusiasm for getting them. Somewhere deep inside I just still find them a bit dull.

And at $160 dollars for the rest of the team... "We'll, you already bought Drag Strip..." is not looking like the strongest justification.

- ZacWilliam, it may come down to if Motormaster goes on sale or if someone gets me him for an xmas gift...

Shadewing

Citizen
Only way I'll complete him is if they do do them all in G2 colors. Doesn't matter if Breakdown is accurate car or not as I really don't like them going for the carmor version; but getting them in G2 colors here will be cheaper then trying to get the CW version.

Blot

Citizen
There really needs to be a BW Megatron accessories kit. Rubber Ducky, Barrister's wig and Gavel, maybe golden disk reader for the eventual TM1 Megatron that we'll likely see at some point.
Sorry, I've been told by the fandom accessories that are based on things appear in one episode of a cartoon are bad and lame and only exist to drive up the prices of toys.

neomatrix001

Citizen
Ohhh no no no no, I can't believe Hasbro dropped the ball this HARD with this Breakdown.... they played us for fools man... Im returning this sh*t, this level of lazyness and disrespect should not go easy on them

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Ohhh no no no no, I can't believe Hasbro dropped the ball this HARD with this Breakdown.... they played us for fools man... Im returning this sh*t, this level of lazyness and disrespect should not go easy on them
I might be getting a bit out of touch with the wider fandom (good or bad? Hard to tell yet), but what’s the big brouhaha with Breakdown? Especially since we’ve only seen him in his “calf mode”.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I might be getting a bit out of touch with the wider fandom (good or bad? Hard to tell yet), but what’s the big brouhaha with Breakdown? Especially since we’ve only seen him in his “calf mode”.
Well, unfortunately, that calf shares a lot of the vehicle design with Wildrider, which is very much not a Lamborghini Countach.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
It wouldn’t be a big deal if the three cars thus far hadn’t been G1 slavish to a fault. If they were willing to change things up, they may as well may have changed things like Menasor’s doofy cartoon head or Motormaster’s clusterhug legs trying to approximate an entire truck.

There’s also how this is the last reveal. Regardless of the actual intentions, it comes across as Hasbro knowingly keeping it in the dark to make a few more sales off the folk four members in who will buy it anyway due to sunk cost.

Last edited:

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I thought it could be a Wildrider painted up like Breakdown just to show off everything and its not Breakdown himself

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's actually different tooling visible.

Yeah, the rear end is definitely slightly remolded to look vaguely Lamborghini-esque, but the front end appears to just be Wildrider

Last edited:

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Why the hell would they even badly misrepresent the product they're selling you when they've been happy enough to display Menasor with bare limbs for over a year and on all their packaging material?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
From a brief glance, I almost wonder if someone might've just painted a Wildrider for a mockup, but those clear windows strongly suggest not.

I'm not going to make any big angry grr Hasbro statements because lol, but it's just... WEIRD that they'd go to all these lengths, commit this hard, only to still be held back by Energon-era budget logic in the home stretch. And here I thought a big part of the remit was to avoid those limitations, which were also a factor as late as Combiner Wars. Hence the team being split across all these waves, and the car designs even helping facilitate it due to not having to contain a combiner peg.

It's still more G1-faithful than an entirely different/new member, but wow.

Top Bottom