Transformers Legacy toyline

MrBlud

Citizen
I feel like the Legacy version is going for “accuracy” in that a :ahem: real Dragon would have more muted colors/scales.

The Beast Wars one is unquestionably a toy and has bright, striking colors.

Shadewing

Citizen
It's going for accuracy in that Dragon Megatron was slightly more darker colors in the cartoon:

OtherVictories-Megswig.jpg

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
If they were going for a more muted show-accurate red, they’re way off. It’s kind of a weird middleground that doesn’t look very good or satisfy either the toy/show purists. Or it might be the right shade but the lack of the shiny texture throws it off IDK

Also the gold is probably gonna be mustard again. Eugh.

Of course, colors are easily fixed. the mold looks pretty good.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'm not overly happy with the drab colour scheme of the new one... but I'm still going to buy it.
I think it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. I like the increase in gold detailing on the new version, but the lack of chromed/metallic red and purple paint on it is not cool. I'll have to do some extra detailing on the dragon mode head, neck plates, etc to make it look more like the toy and possibly repaint the eyes on both modes green.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
There really needs to be a BW Megatron accessories kit. Rubber Ducky, Barrister's wig and Gavel, maybe golden disk reader for the eventual TM1 Megatron that we'll likely see at some point.

I expect DNA Desgins will come out with an upgrade kit for him, I expect they are desgining it right now and then waiting for the figure to be released so they can decide what upgrades to make, I'm expecting a upgrade that covers up the robot mode hand in Dragon mode, when I was watching the Prime V Prime review of the figure, yesterday, I couldn't help but notice my eyes falling upon the base of the neck of the Dragon mode and seeing that part, it was so bloody obvious!

Shadewing

Citizen
If they were going for a more muted show-accurate red, they’re way off. It’s kind of a weird middleground that doesn’t look very good or satisfy either the toy/show purists. Or it might be the right shade but the lack of the shiny texture throws it off IDK

Also the gold is probably gonna be mustard again. Eugh.

Of course, colors are easily fixed. the mold looks pretty good.

I think its the lack of shinyness that really keep it from looking fully cartoon accurate. While the cartoon is quite a bit darker then the original toy, some parts have a very obvious metallic sheen to them, while others like the robot mode chest are more matte colored which does come closer to what we see on the toy. I think some really nice metallic ironman red paint would have helped pull it togeather. This might be a figure that needs a premium version to look its best.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
My Amazon order of Tarrantulas just shipped this morning. Despite still saying December when I went to bed last night.

-ZacWilliam, Elita still says Dec.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, if Hasbro Pulse is to be believed, then I'll have all the guys I want for Wave 2 very soon. Now the long wait for Wave 3 begins...

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Some pictures of Breakdown in leg mode on the front page. Looks like he's going to be a slight remold of Wildrider, which is a bit disappointing. It's not a deal breaker, but I had hoped for something that would look more like Earth mode Sideswipe or Sunstreaker.

Top Bottom