Transformers Legacy toyline

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I think 100% Armada Prime is a new mold. It was even mentioned about using the Takara one from a few years ago as a special anniversary edition.

Motormaster gets a G2 repaint and I think that’s about it. He’s 2 specific of a design to really be used for much else.

I think they could do what they been doing with the Voyager Optimus toys and just take parts of Mensor's trailer and reuse them for Armada Optimus, mainly the crotch area, instead of CW type connectors, have actual legs, I totally could see them doing that

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
If "Legacy II: Evolution" will be Armada-heavy, I'll bet lunch they (Hasbro designers) will go out of their way to make them incompatible with the old Minicons.

I mean, they couldn't even add Minicon mounting points on Legacy Metroplex preventing those who still have the Cybertron one from utilizing their original Drillbit Minicon.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I think I may have just cracked the code on why the next year's Legacy line is to be subtitled "Evolution".

In Armada, what we knew in the English version as "Powerlinx", (the process of a Mini-Con attaching to and upgrading its larger partner) was instead called "Evolution" in the Japanese version. The name could very well indeed refer to the fact that we are supposed to be getting more Armada characters in the line.
Possibly! Any chance of getting decent, fully poseable (and updated) versions of Armada toys (that don't suck, such as Hotshot) would always be welcome in my book.

".. In Japanese, the effect of Mini-Cons connecting to Bulks is called "Evolution" and the process of Autobots combining is known as "Super Link"; the two are not conceptually related..."
(Source: - https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Powerlinx )

Motormaster gets a G2 repaint and I think that’s about it. He’s 2 specific of a design to really be used for much else.
They could repaint him and chums as Optimus Prime and some other Autobot cozplayers, like they (kind of) did for Combiner Wars:

-

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
So finally got Legacy Buzzsaw and Nightprowler, and I don't currently have Waspinator with me to check (he and some others are in storage atm); but was the chest always this loose? The wasp head doesn't seem to peg into anything.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
So finally got Legacy Buzzsaw and Nightprowler, and I don't currently have Waspinator with me to check (he and some others are in storage atm); but was the chest always this loose? The wasp head doesn't seem to peg into anything.
The answer is yes, unless I missed it somehow. The wasp head not pegging into anything in robot mode is perhaps the biggest factor of disappointment in the Kingdom Waspinator mold. He doesn't hold together that well in either mode. 😑

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
If "Legacy II: Evolution" will be Armada-heavy, I'll bet lunch they (Hasbro designers) will go out of their way to make them incompatible with the old Minicons.

I mean, they couldn't even add Minicon mounting points on Legacy Metroplex preventing those who still have the Cybertron one from utilizing their original Drillbit Minicon.
Of course I could be wrong as this will give Hasbro an opportunity to get more use out of the WFC Micromasters molds.

(but reverse what Armada did. The 'Bulks' will have 5mm holes on them and the WFCMMs will plug into those.

Shadewing

Citizen
While I doubt Hasbro will reuse the Micromasters, I had a similar thought the other day of what Minicons could be done from them. Like use the Seige Sideswipe mold for Armada Wheeljack with Stormcloud as Windsheer, Rollerforce could be Swindle, Flak as Leader-1/Clench.

But the issue is that Minicons had much more varied transformations then Micromasters, and they wouldn't really look the part.

Glitch

Citizen
Maybe they could compliment it with a comic, a 13 issue series (12 issues and a annual special) retelling of the show. The basic premise being the Supercons/Maxcons and Gigacons return from a campaign on Earth to find their homeworld repopulated by Mini-Cons.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
13 issues would require quick pacing. They would need to find a comic publisher able to do that.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
13 issues would require quick pacing. They would need to find a comic publisher able to do that.

And if they are willing to tell such a story, thou its not going to be IDW for sure as their deal with Hasbro is coming to an end thou far as I'm aware, they not said who getting the Transformers license afterwards, thus we can only speculate who gets it at this point!

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I only listened to the Armada episodes, but Aaron Archer has a podcast out now, The Toy Armada. I think it’s a YouTube only thing. I found it very interesting. Said they want to do future episodes reviewing some of the new Armada figures coming out soon.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Okay, so... one of the local gamestops had tarantulas.

Consequently, now I have tarantulas.
You should get someone in to spray for them, then.

etkf1Y.gif

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Has the Ultra Magnus from the catalog's ever been made? Toy on the right is the closest I can find. I think it looks great. Maybe selects would be a better fit?
8D0113EB-73CA-492B-A29E-7FAE2EB5506E.jpeg

Top Bottom