Transformers Legacy toyline

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
BM has SO much I want from it.

Show Accurate Megatron, with command harness; likely a Commander class figure
Show Accurate Silverbolt
Show Accurate Jet Storm
Nightscream that isn't made outta like 90% translucent plastic.
Botanica
Show Accuate Obsidian
Show Accurate Jetstorm
Show Accurate Rattrap - Kinda love if they had some kinda Weaponizer to pair with him to be the power suit Megatron gave him.

Honestly, just do all the main cast in scale with each other and I think you'd win over a lot of fans. BM had the hugging weirdest sense of scale...
I hope that we get a show accurate Primal in scale. For some reason, I have been obsessed with his gauntlets since Beast Machines aired. Had a Compaq computer back in '00 that had translucent grey panels on it and it always reminded me of them.

I'd even settle for a BPOP re-release in show colors....though I don't know if that mold would ever be cost effective again with all the gadgets.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Quintesson remold into Vok?
That's MY idea!

:p

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I don't have this set, but in my experience I've never seen a set where you had to use specific stickers. When I get a set, I usually just use the stuff that I think enhances the toy; as some of the stuff feels unnessacary and just padding out the set; and usually just make the figure look too busy. Most the the Jhiaxus set feels like its more the former, even the cockpit stickers I can understand why someone would want them, either 1: Hide the head as shown. 2. Person doesn't like how clear plastic looks (TJ Omega kinda comes to mind) or 3. better comic accuracy.

But then you have something like their Creature Collides set, Skywasp and Scoponok sticker's feel mostly just there for padding, and maybe half of Goldbug's as well. Ransack is the only one I think the stickers really improve as they help further make him look less like Kickback by adding more toy detailing to him.
I agree. When I want to customise my toys, I am usually look at Toyhax, original G1/BW/etc photos and illustrations and then paint the details on instead. I've got Reprolable faction symbols to complete the look. Using a full set of Reprolabels isn't always the best way to go, IMO, as sometimes, Toyhax seems to "mummify" toys with waaaaaay too many stickers at times, IMO.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
Yeah, recently got a CW Computron, decided to get the Toyhax labels for him, and used maybe about 75% of them at most. Left Scrounge nearly untouched as his labels just made him look busy, but added some to Cybaxx or whatever they want to call him, becuase there was just too much yellow on such a small figure, but only about half of them, becuase otherwise... yeah there is too many for something that small. I think Lightspeed is the only one that I used all his stickers. While he's still my least favorite of these, he looks ALOT better.

I'm not a painter, my attempts never look that great. So I'd rather go the toyhax route, but I have to consider each set I am interested in and if they are worst the cost vs what I feel I'll use. Like I said, it feels like some sheets they need to pad out the sticker count to justify the cost of printing them.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Honestly, I want one more G1 figure. And I want him done right this time. Sunstreaker

I did not like the way the Earthrise mold look and skipped it. Hoping to get a more proper look to him.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
Honestly, I want one more G1 figure. And I want him done right this time. Sunstreaker

I did not like the way the Earthrise mold look and skipped it. Hoping to get a more proper look to him.
I'm not trying to be funny here, but CW Sunstreaker was awesome.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
They all have good aspects. I like CW head and back piece with the spoiler. I like ER’s legs. Classics I think is the best overall, but he’s not very stable
4588E20E-91B6-48F8-83DD-53D43AAAC016.jpeg

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I always had a bit of regret about not getting that CW deluxe wave. Having a "1984 Autobot" combiner would have been a fun addition to the collection.

That mold fatigue, though...

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
I agree. When I want to customise my toys, I am usually look at Toyhax, original G1/BW/etc photos and illustrations and then paint the details on instead. I've got Reprolable faction symbols to complete the look. Using a full set of Reprolabels isn't always the best way to go, IMO, as sometimes, Toyhax seems to "mummify" toys with waaaaaay too many stickers at times, IMO.
I remember when sets were a single sheet meant to enhance the toy, not "mummify" it. (I love that, and I'm going to use it in every ToyHax rant going foreward)

Now it seems like their priorities are (in no particular order):
1) Cover windows with stickers.
2) Cover eyes with stickers.
3) Cover wheel rims with stickers
4) Cover any blank area with stickers. (IE: red shoulder for GS G2 Ramjet)
5) Cover molded details with stickers.
6) Add even more unnecessary options for above unnecessary stickers
7) Add stickers that require a heating apparatus to properly apply
8) Add stickers that's needed to be applied before another sticker is applied on top of it.
9) Counter any criticism about excessive sticker count with "They're Optional"
10) Screw G2. In the @$$. With a pineapple.
11) PROFIT!

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wish they'd make weapons/parts optional from sets. Almost never need those (I just got the Action Master Op stacks/guns and the Siege Seeker tip fins) and they affect both pack price and shipping. Also, a more recent thing is they seem unwilling to sell any Buzzworthy Silverstreak stuff separately (either bundled in with DK2 or Wheeljack, the latter of which comes with, you guessed it, weapons). I end up just skipping sets I would have otherwise tried out and likely enjoyed.

And yeah it's gotten to the point where the sets have a handful of actually relevant useful bits (say, door and hood police logos and such for Cordon) and a dozen "could've absolutely done without this" things like cel shaded windows and license plates and tiny greeble details the eye would gloss right over in a display anyway, and "they molded this part in black, let's make six stickers to cover it in red, why not".

I wonder if they've got a minimum expense on the layout or something and they've got to cram whatever in there to make the most of it. So many of these sets could be cut right down to half the spread each time. Dunno if that would help price much because I also dunno how their costing works, but it would be nice to not be throwing down 15 bucks for a sheet for a single figure.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I think I may have just cracked the code on why the next year's Legacy line is to be subtitled "Evolution".

In Armada, what we knew in the English version as "Powerlinx", (the process of a Mini-Con attaching to and upgrading its larger partner) was instead called "Evolution" in the Japanese version. The name could very well indeed refer to the fact that we are supposed to be getting more Armada characters in the line.

Glitch

Citizen
We could get Armada Prime from Motormaster and he forms Optimus Maximus with deluxe hot shot, red alert, sideswipe and blurr as limbs. Overload as a weaponizer/modulator, Jetfire having three modes: robot to space shuttle to legs and chest.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
We could get Armada Prime from Motormaster and he forms Optimus Maximus with deluxe hot shot, red alert, sideswipe and blurr as limbs. Overload as a weaponizer/modulator, Jetfire having three modes: robot to space shuttle to legs and chest.
Why wouldn't they just make a new mold Commander like they have for every year's main line since the size class's onset?

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I think 100% Armada Prime is a new mold. It was even mentioned about using the Takara one from a few years ago as a special anniversary edition.

Motormaster gets a G2 repaint and I think that’s about it. He’s 2 specific of a design to really be used for much else.

Top Bottom