Transformers Legacy toyline

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I skipped him because I don’t really know anything about him. I never read the comic in the 80’s 90’s so I’m eh on him.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I skipped him because that white’s gonna yellow something fierce quickly with Hasbro’s recent track record.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm skipping the character as well, I have read the comic but honestly, I'm not very hung up on him, his impact has been rather small compared to other characters and the desgin, just kind of bugs me

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
I'm very tempted by him just because I like seeing fiction-first characters get toys

I've been wondering, is there any meat to the rumor that Motormaster is gonna be redone as Thunder Clash? or are people just saying that because of the trailer's base mode?
Because while I have 0 nostalgia or connection to the characters, outside of Thunder Clash's IDW appearances, a Turbomaster combiner could be very pretty
(even though I'd prefer another attempt at Orthia)

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
Motormaster remold: Thunderclash is fine, but the better option, that will NEVER happen, is Hyperdrive

HyperdriveTurboConcept.jpg

Motormaster's transformation is perfect for making this guy. He'd need an all new trailer to be 100% accurate, but I'm personally willing to forgive the trailer not being accurate just to get this deep cut of a character into existance.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I'm getting Jhiaxus for a few reasons.

1. He's a pretty obscure character, or at least this iteration of him his.
2. He has a cool, unique position within the Transformers mythos, as a Decepticon who broke away from cybertron only to go on to help found a new empire that now views both Autobots and Decepticons as unrefined throwbacks, still fighting their pointless little war.
3. He looks so comic accurate it hurts! Even the really dumb 90's era stuff they replicated so nicely!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Motormaster remold: Thunderclash is fine, but the better option, that will NEVER happen, is Hyperdrive

HyperdriveTurboConcept.jpg

Motormaster's transformation is perfect for making this guy. He'd need an all new trailer to be 100% accurate, but I'm personally willing to forgive the trailer not being accurate just to get this deep cut of a character into existance.
Best of both worlds: Motormaster into Thunderclash, but Menasor into Hyperdrive!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Out of the Commander molds, only Jetfire’s had a release as a different character, correct?

Not quite, he was released as Shattered Glass Jetfire, which is just a straight up repaint of the mold, no extra accessories! So far outside of that repaint, Hasbro has done NOTHING with the other commander class molds, thou I want a SG repaint of Rodimus, the Rodimus figure prior, has its problems due to the gimmick of evolution that they put in the leader class figures of that line, it works pretty well for Optimus and Primal, but not Rodimus, but that is merely my point of view

Shadewing

Citizen
, it works pretty well for Optimus and Primal, but not Rodimus, but that is merely my point of view

I feel the complete opposite. Orion Pax is barely existent in the figure; due to having to be Optimus it means he turns into an Earth mode Semi Truck, rather then be his own thing. Meanwhile Hot Rod is a complete separate entity from Rodimus, he turns into his regular car mode, and not just half a weinebego. So even if you didn't want to use Rodimus, you still have a a perfectly fine Hot Rod. But if you don't want Optimus, you've got a kinda half-assed at best Orion Pax, quarter-assed if you include all the Semi-Kibble he totting around on his back to make Optimus mode work.

This is also why I wanted a leader Thunderwing, becuase like Rodimus both sides could be completely their own thing, without being compromised for the combined figure, unlike Primal who like Pax barely exists for the sake of the gimmick.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
This is also why I wanted a leader Thunderwing, becuase like Rodimus both sides could be completely their own thing, without being compromised for the combined figure, unlike Primal who like Pax barely exists for the sake of the gimmick.
I feel like if Hasbro had been more upfront back then about what the POTP fan vote was for, fewer fans might have voted for Optimus Primal over the more suitable choices for the gimmick like Thunderwing, Ultra Magnus, and Star Saber (as there were several people back then who were like, "Well, if I'd known beforehand what the Leader gimmick was gonna be like, I wouldn't have voted for Primal!").

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I still would have voted for Arcee just to see what she would have looked like.

Really liked the idea of filling her trailer up with guns and calling her Arsenal Prime.
A name Hasbro was considering for Arcee's evolved form should she have won the vote was "Arcana Magnus".

...Which sounds less like a name for Arcee and more like just the names of two other dudes mashed together, if I'm being honest.

Top Bottom