Citizen

Rycochet did a pretty cool one from Dragon Megs​

vr9XPRN.png

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They have to do Armada Laserbeak for 5mm hands at some point. The idea is too obvious.

But then again the idea should have been just as obvious during Armada when they could have made a Minicon, but they didn't.
Isn't he meant to be sized for human use, though?

Shadewing

Citizen
Like, his individual components would be like commander class based on their toon appearance. 3 commander class trains obviously ain't in the cards.

I feel like the best one is likely to get is Commander Class Railracer, with the three trains splitting up into voyager sized guys, but with a lot of extra engineering to make work.

MrBlud

Citizen
With Menasor being around Skyfire height; I don’t think a Commander Rail Racer would be impossible.

Not very likely, but far from impossible.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Yeah, barring Takara stepping forward (which I don't see while they're working on Masterpiece Raiden), Hasbro is in ZERO rush to do any sort of "train character" outside of Astrotrain.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
I usually don't bitch about Transformers. If I'm not impressed with them, I don't buy them and life goes on. However, I just have to say I'm really disappointed that as expensive as they are now, and as much potential as Legacy had, the production quality has been terrible, and they cut corners in places that they shouldn't have.

I don't really see any of the yellowing on any of my pieces yet, but it looks horrible...and I live in fear of the day I find it on my Transformers. My Road Rocket literally has "orange peeling" in the paint, and in some places where paint should most definitely be, like Override's feet, it's just...missing.

Also, although I love him....and he feels solid, Megalo Convoy, (I refuse to call him Metroplex), should have included Minicon ports, a Cyber Planet Key, and Drill Bit for $200 plus dollars. Not even getting started on Motormaster. It almost seems as if Hasbro went from trying to squash 3P infringement, to ensuring that any serious collector would have to tun to the 3P market for missing pieces, sticker applications, etc. I realize we, (collectors), are an extremely small segment of their revenue stream, but damn Hasbro, it REALLY is the small things that make a BIG difference.

Rant over.

Attachments

• 20220823_205500.jpg
    20220823_205500.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 20220823_205518.jpg
    20220823_205518.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 20220823_205523.jpg
    20220823_205523.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 92

Shadewing

Citizen
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing a core class Drillbit. Like how the intial plans for Wheelie and Daniel, got priced out and we ended up with the minifigures, but they turned around and made them into the Core class stuff. Maybe the rising cost of materials, which is why cost is going up, meant they couldn't include the usual bonus figure. And considering they're planning to focus on Armada, Core Class would be a decent place to put in Minicons rather then trying to put them in with the figures.

But I do agree about the Minicon ports.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wheelie is a good example. The original plan got priced out and I'm sure at some point there was no plan to do a proper one, until suddenly there was.

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up seeing a core class Drillbit. Like how the intial plans for Wheelie and Daniel, got priced out and we ended up with the minifigures, but they turned around and made them into the Core class stuff. Maybe the rising cost of materials, which is why cost is going up, meant they couldn't include the usual bonus figure. And considering they're planning to focus on Armada, Core Class would be a decent place to put in Minicons rather then trying to put them in with the figures.

But I do agree about the Minicon ports.
I get rising costs...and admittedly, I don't have any insight into toy industry modus operandi other than Spector's fantastic YouTube videos, but there has to be other corners that can be cut...a great example is duplication of characters like Wheelie and Spike / Daniel in such a short time frame.
Pointblank and Peacemaker is another example. I hope I'm wrong, but I dont think Peacemaker is articulated other than folding in half. I have wished for many things from the 80's to return....non-articulated targetmasters have never been on that list. Again...the little things.

Shadewing

Citizen
As mentioned, SS Grimlock was originally planned to have an actual transforming Wheelie, rather then what we got. Cost meant that that Wheelie had to be cut, so they instead did the little mini figure that, no one ended up liking. My theory is the Exo-suit is the same, they knew from Grimlock that they couldnt do it, so they went with another Mini-figure; due to how production tends to go; they very likely wouldn't know of the dislike for Wheelie til after Slag had been finished and set off for production. Hasbro's teams are ususally 2 or 3 waves ahead, so a decision that gets made usually won't get fan feedback, which they do care about, until long after the product is ready to ship.

But SS Grimlock's wave and SS Wheelie's wave are two different waves with two different budgets. And SS Wheelie's wave doesn't effect Legacy Metroplex's wave. It's not a case of 'they did this character so now they have to not do this thing' SS and Generations are two different lines, and each wave has its own budget. They've got to figure out the best way to make the figure work within that budget. Their desire to make Cyb Metroplex actually look more cohesive in his modes meant that they likely had to budget out Drillbit, becuase I believe this is the first titan class figure to not have some kinda extra transformer figure with it. Another reason I feel like Drillbit will surface eventually, just like all the other guys associated with the titans. Sixgun, Slammer, Brunt, Cog, etc we eventually got them.

And yes, Peacemaker is a very simple g1-esque Targetmaster. It was the only way to have him and still stay in budget; and they felt it was important that he be included. If you don't like it, its not like there aren't plenty of Battlemasters you could give him. Who knows, maybe they'll do a selects release of Targetmasters or something. This team, really does try to do everything they can, even if it means we have to double dipp or wait.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
Wish they could have got peacemaker to mount on pointblank's arm like how targetmasters worked in headmasters(going by the concept art it looks like they wanted to do exactly that)

Cause in this era where every figure has 5mm compatible ports all over there's nothing special about targetmaster partners/bulks(whatever you call the full sized transformer)

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Wheelie is a good example. The original plan got priced out and I'm sure at some point there was no plan to do a proper one, until suddenly there was.
I definitely get your point, it's just that I don't know if proper is the term I'd use to describe him. He's certainly a Wheelie though, and a transforming one at that.

Top Bottom