Transformers Legacy toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wish the Pretenders were more consistent. You have these cool compact dudes at a reasonable level of articulation and detail for their size.

Then you have Skullgrin.

I keep forgetting that Skullgrin is a deluxe. I do wish he had been a core class to better match the others, plus the "vehicle" mode wouldn't bother me at that scale. I know the rumored Bludgeon is a Voyager, but he's a popular enough character that I completely understand why he would get the bigger toy.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
The inconsistency really is the thing that's bugging me the most with the Pretenders. I was fine with the Prime Masters since Masterforce had them shrink down to human-sized shells, and the idea of a robot disguising itself inside a gigantic human shell was always bizarre. I'd be fine with having them all at Core class, based on the idea that the inner robots were always pretty small. I'd be fine with making them full-sized bots in Voyager & Deluxe classes, matching how they're normally presented in fiction (Masterforce shell shrinking aside).

But having a Voyager Bludgeon, Deluxe Skullgrin, Core Iguanus & Bomb-Burst, and PM Submarauder (unless/until there's a new Legacy version) together on a shelf? I'm not expecting I'll be satisfied with that.

Glitch

Citizen
Hasbro: "Whadda we do with them? HELP ME GOD!"
Takara: "Autobot pretenders were human disguises to guide the species while Decepticons played god becoming mythical monsters, and the Powermasters are mechs for evolved humans selected for their ability to harness ley line energy."
Hasbro: "That makes no SENSE!"

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
Tragic that Megatron's toothy maw is some sort of factory error(tho that render is better still not exactly my ideal)

Still would be tempted by a cryotek

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Tragic that Megatron's toothy maw is some sort of factory error(tho that render is better still not exactly my ideal)

That's the second reference I've seen to some sort of factory error with his face, but I've yet to see any explanation of what this error is or how we know that there's an error in the first place. What's the story here?

MrBlud

Citizen
From “the twitter”
5B35FDA9-D37C-4910-B789-1A2D039939DD.jpeg

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
And nothing about Minerva, I'm beginning to think that toy is some elaborate prank, but I don't know if it's the leakers pulling it on us or if it's Hasbro pulling it on the leakers. Hopefully at Pulsecon they'll say something.

There is one listed on ebay right now, from a seller in Singapore? If it IS a Walgreens exclusive like was rumored, I hope they have plenty online, because none of my local Walgreens even have a spot for deluxe Transformers on their toy planograms anymore...

...I'm hoping she gets moved to Selects.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
There is one listed on ebay right now, from a seller in Singapore? If it IS a Walgreens exclusive like was rumored, I hope they have plenty online, because none of my local Walgreens even have a spot for deluxe Transformers on their toy planograms anymore...

...I'm hoping she gets moved to Selects.
Somebody found Minerva in the US. It accidently got shipped to Wal Mart, but still seems to be a Walgreens exclusive.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Sigh. Got excited about Bomb-burst and realized I have no idea where my Iguanus is. Spent an hour searching for him around the house and so far no luck. I'm pretty sure I knew where he was pre hospitalization but a week in the hospital and about a month recovering now and I no longer have any clue where I left the guy.

-ZacWilliam, at least I got time till Bomb-burst hits, it would bug me more if I had BB and couldnt find Iguanus...

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
Looking at Skullgrin's concept art I guess see what they were going for
the weapons are are doing a lot of the work, and I still wish his legs did something more in the final product

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Somebody found Minerva in the US. It accidently got shipped to Wal Mart, but still seems to be a Walgreens exclusive.

Ah, yes, forgot about that incident. If they're shipping out now, I would think some kind of preorder window would be imminent, then.

Suspsy

Citizen
If Bugly, Finback, and Submarauder are planned, maybe one of them will be a Deluxe. Would be weird having Skullgrin towering over the rest.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
From what the designers said in posts the Pretenders were fairly late replacements for the "Energon monsters" concept that was dropped. My guess would be that dictated what sizes they needed to be. If 2 Core and 1 Deluxe Energon monster were planed then these guys had to slip into those size class spots.

I agree one unified size for at least all the 88 Pretenders would have been nicer. But if there were tied to the size classes that were dropped it makes sense to make Skullgrin the Deluxe. After Bludgeon and Thunderwing he's really the 3rd most prominent Pretender.

-ZacWilliam, I just hope we can get more of them in general, Autobots as well as Cons.

Echowarrior

Citizen

It wouldn't shock me in the slightest if we got a Cryotek out of the Generations Selects line at some point down the line. I mean, they gave us a Titan in that assortment, and we've already seen one Leader-Class figure there, so why not another?

Sigh. Got excited about Bomb-burst and realized I have no idea where my Iguanus is. Spent an hour searching for him around the house and so far no luck. I'm pretty sure I knew where he was pre hospitalization but a week in the hospital and about a month recovering now and I no longer have any clue where I left the guy.

-ZacWilliam, at least I got time till Bomb-burst hits, it would bug me more if I had BB and couldnt find Iguanus...

Worst case scenario, you can always buy another Iguanus. They're fairly plentiful on the shelves around here.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Since these Pretenders just transform without any of the shell nonsense, there really is no reason that they have to be the same size. Other subgroups are allowed to be different sizes.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Since these Pretenders just transform without any of the shell nonsense, there really is no reason that they have to be the same size. Other subgroups are allowed to be different sizes.
True, but the Pretenders have generally all been depicted as being roughly the same size in fiction.

Top Bottom