Transformers Legacy toyline

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Bomburst looks fantastic. Something still feels off about Skullgrin, like he was originally going to be a core class but then they decided to pump up his price point but kept most of the compromises from the core design. I could use a little more pretender in robot mode and a little more tank out of his vehicle mode.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Everything looked pretty good to me, overall. I never really got into the Pretenders (the toys or the band!), but Bomburst does look great. I'm most looking forward to SS86 Ironhide, Rumble, and Legacies Inferno and Dead End.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen

As someone who stepped away from the hobby for a few years it's kinda amazing, and a little scary, how much influence the wiki has at this point

Shadewing

Citizen
Bombburst joins (surpasses) Iguanus in the ranks of AWESOME Core Pretenders. No I want like ALL the rest at this scale. Please?

-ZacWilliam, and Core Autobot Pretenders too darn it!
I could see Cloudburst being a retool of Bombburst. New Robot head and chest minimum, but maybe new wings in jet mode.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
pblank.PNG

Box does say Autobot Pointblank.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I could see Cloudburst being a retool of Bombburst. New Robot head and chest minimum, but maybe new wings in jet mode.
I feel like Waverider would be pretty easy from him too with a new head and chest.

-ZacWilliam, plug the guns that are Bombursts wings in elsewhere maybe.

Shadewing

Citizen
I feel like Waverider would be pretty easy from him too with a new head and chest.

-ZacWilliam, plug the guns that are Bombursts wings in elsewhere maybe.

If we see Submaruader, I would think Waverider would be a retool of him. I certainly want to see at least the Masterforce Pretenders get updates. So Submaruader, Cloudburst, Waverider, and Landmine since Metalhawk is rumored.

Suspsy

Citizen
I too am pleased with these new Pretenders. I’ll be happy to see Bugly, Finback, and Submarauder join the ranks as well, even if they turn out to be retools.

Regarding the Autobot Pretenders, I’m not sure if I’d prefer robot modes based on the outer shells or the inner robots. If it’s to be the former, then I’d prefer no human faces.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
i was curious so I looked through the 88 Pretenders. They all Transform by doing one of 3 things with the Arms and one of three things with the Legs:

Arms at the side / Legs fold under
Bomb-Burst
Groundbreaker
Splashdown

Arms at the side / Legs fold over
Cloudburst
Landmine

Arms fold upward / Legs fold under
Skullgrin
Bugly
Iguanus
Sky High

Arms fold under / Legs fold alongside
Submarauder

Arms fold upward / Legs fold alongside
Waverider
Finback

ZacWilliam, not that they have to stick that close to things of course, but it's atleast a way to judge who might most easily double for who...

Last edited:

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
I''m so happy with how Inferno's looking, he has all four propellers and his gun makes his booster (they said they couldn't do both and compromised).

TM2 Megatron I'm liking more after seeing him in hand, yes his dragon chest is hanging off the back in his bot mode but that's never bothered me, and his face looks fine I think people forgot or never realized it turned grey when he changed to the dragon. I wish they addressed the Prime Predacon symbol on his box.

I liked the discussion about doing Pretenders and their shells, this is something I miss about going to conventions and hearing the designers spitballing ideas. Personally I think deluxe or voyager shells with core class inner bots would work, but the price for them would be an issue.

And Bomb-Burst was a great surprise, so far him and Iguanus bot modes look like the shell that turns into the inner bots altmode, while Skullgrin being the odd one that look mode like the inner bot wearing parts of his shell, it's weird. And it would be nice to see some Autobots.

And nothing about Minerva, I'm beginning to think that toy is some elaborate prank, but I don't know if it's the leakers pulling it on us or if it's Hasbro pulling it on the leakers. Hopefully at Pulsecon they'll say something.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Hasbro sneakily dropped orders for Target exclusives when preorders for all the OTHER stuff revealed today went up. Shockingly, stock is still in stock at the time I'm posting this, meaning a LOT of people probably overlooked them.
Big news is Red Cog, but Maximal Dinobot (toy version) and the Creatures Collide multipack are also available.

LiamA

Citizen
Bomburst looks fantastic. Something still feels off about Skullgrin, like he was originally going to be a core class but then they decided to pump up his price point but kept most of the compromises from the core design. I could use a little more pretender in robot mode and a little more tank out of his vehicle mode.

To me it's his head. It looks so out of place.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
i was curious so I looked through the 88 Pretenders. They all Transform by doing one of 3 things with the Arms and one of three things with the Legs:

Arms at the side / Legs fold under
Bomb-Burst
Iguanus
Groundbreaker
Splashdown

Arms at the side / Legs fold over
Cloudburst
Landmine

Arms fold upward / Legs fold under
Skullgrin
Bugly
Iguanus
Sky High

Arms fold under / Legs fold alongside
Submarauder

Arms fold upward / Legs fold alongside
Waverider
Finback

ZacWilliam, not that they have to stick that close to things of course, but it's atleast a way to judge who might most easily double for who...
You listed Iguanus twice.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Placed preorders for everyone that I could at Pulse. BBTS had me covered for Inferno.

Meanwhile, it looks like payment's cleared for the last Wreckers set at Pulse. Yay!

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Wish the Pretenders were more consistent. You have these cool compact dudes at a reasonable level of articulation and detail for their size.

Then you have Skullgrin.

Top Bottom