Transformers Legacy toyline

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It looks good to me.

I really want to see the backside. People talk about remolding this into Armada Blurr, and I can see it, but imagine a backwards retool into Armada Blurr, so the wheels on the shoulders face backwards instead of forwards, for increased Armada accuracy. The fists would need to be reversed, but the elbows look like they already bend both ways just as easily.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Yeah, I could TOTALLY buy an Armada Blurr retool from him. I kind of wonder if the issues that resulted in Blaster and Hot Rod rolled forward (and deluxe wave 4 being split in two) didn’t impact the Velocitron line. Maybe there’s some weird contract stipulation with Walmart that prompted Hasbro to retool Studio Series Blurr, instead of use Pointblank? Or maybe the Pointblank figure wasn’t to a usable stage in time for production of the Velocitron line?

Either way, I think I’m just going to wait and see on him. For me, I’d be FAR more interested in an Armada Blurr than Pointbreak

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I mentioned that a couple of weeks ago when we first saw the mold. These new images reconfirm that. I think a light remold and it could be spot on. I hope they do it. And if they don’t, it’s still a great mold.

another light remold could be Getaway.

RCX

Citizen
Mark from the Hasbro team has said it would take too much "work" to turn Pointblank into Armada Blurr, so I don't think we should get out hopes up.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I’m no designer or engineer. But this doesn’t seem that hard, especially considering some of the remolds that have been done in the past.
FA3CC1CF-D4E1-4C7E-B01A-A1A811D06A6B.jpeg

Lobjob

Citizen
I definitely feel his hips could look boxier but otherwise he's a must get.

Gonna need some reprolabels to give him his flame deco though.

The Phazer

Citizen
Pointblank looks much better here. I wasn't interested in him at all, but now I'm tempted.

Eh? I think he looks even worse. His alt mode just has a big hole in the back because they didn't have enough parts for his spoiler, it's too long, and the doors now have carriage steps. It doesn't work at all, and the robot mode remains awful.

Bad times for Legacy in general between this mess and painted fecking windows on Dead End.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I'm liking Pointblank, but Peacemaker's just...meh.

IDK, I have an overly nostalgic fondness for the classic Targetmaster partners. This version of Peacemaker would fit in rather well with them.

That said, if Hasbro wanted to release multipacks of the Battlemasters or the Legends Targetmasters in Selects, I would be all for better-articulated versions, too.

I guess what I'm saying is, more Targetmasters is always a win to me?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Mark from the Hasbro team has said it would take too much "work" to turn Pointblank into Armada Blurr, so I don't think we should get out hopes up.
giphy.gif

From all the material Mark has shared...I'm not sure I believe that. Now, that doesn't mean other factors haven't come into play...but they've done some crazy ass remolding and have been pretty damn "loose" in their reinterpretation of non-G1 characters. I stand by my earlier comment!

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I think people are getting to hung up on the shoulders looking similar and are ignoring the huge elephant cape in the room.

I think the general idea is that, for non-G1 character updates, close enough counts. In that respect, Pointblank would be the best G1 update to retool into Armada Blurr, as those shoulders are similarly prominent on both characters. But, there is enough different that it would likely not please all fans of Armada Blurr.

Incidentally, has Armada Blurr actually been rumored? Or was everyone making an assumption about what Velocitron Blurr would be before he was revealed? I just wonder if Armada Blurr is even on the table?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Incidentally, has Armada Blurr actually been rumored? Or was everyone making an assumption about what Velocitron Blurr would be before he was revealed? I just wonder if Armada Blurr is even on the table?
People did think Velocitron Blurr would be Armada Blurr, yes.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I think Starscream and Megatron are the only confirmed Armada names as of now. Optimus was rumored as maybe a 20th anniversary figure. Blurr is pure speculation at this point.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, talk of Blurr has mostly come from the "Let's see, who can they retool Pointblank into?" crowd of fans.

Top Bottom