unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
One of the Japan-only early 2000s lines had Road Rocket as a ninja IIRC

Forgot if it was Car Robots or Robot Masters

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Robot Masters. If she'd been in Car Robots, her mold probably wouldn't have turned up in RID01 as the original Sideways.

edit: pronouns are hard

The Phazer

Citizen
The thirteen aren't really supposed to be gods. They're literally the first thirteen mortals. They might be venerated by Cybertronian society, but they were cog and steel robots, and their appearance in plastic feels perfectly fine.

(Even if you ignore that Megatronus, Alpha Trion, Vector Prime, Nexus Prime, Logos Prime (if he's someone else dressed up), Alchemist Prime (probably) and Thirteen (urgh) have all had toys already. And that's if we ignore the Prime Masters.)

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
At the very best, they're more or less Demi-gods; but I feel that they're closer to Saints in most forms of fiction. The way I see it is along the lines of Them being the 'first generation' have a stronger connection to Primus and stronger powers due to that. Each subsequent generation has less and less of that direct connection to Primus, with weaker to no powers, except in the 'outliers'. This leads to modern generations as seeing the first 13 as being more then just 'mere' mortals and in some cases worthy or worship or praise.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Maybe i just dislike the injection of divinity and mythology in a simple war between factions, pretty much GI Joe but robots. I guess they can’t do too much damage if the only fiction they’re likely to get is a blurb and some boxart lol

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The Thirteen are, for the most part, plot devices more than characters. But given that we've gotten toys of other plot devices like Nightbird and Transmutate, that alone isn't disqualifying.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
I'm still catching up on fiction I skipped during my hiatus, but I definitely wouldn't mind Solus Prime actually being a character in something instead of just world's first murder victim (the Covenant of Primus dealt so much damage to my love of this franchise)

Cybersnark

Citizen
My biggest problem with toys of the Thirteen is that they end up just looking like conventional Transformers (except for the movie version of The Fallen, but even then he blended in with other movie-style bots).

They're supposed to be millions of years old and built using technology unknown to modern Cybertron. Arguably, some of them even pre-date transforming. Be creative! Go full Super-Robot!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'd rather we get toys of the Covenant instead. They were cooler.

Even if it's only three of them redecoed from a reissue of BW Magnaboss, with the Prowl mold redecoed as Leonicus and the combined form being "Beast Wars Primus".

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Maybe i just dislike the injection of divinity and mythology in a simple war between factions, pretty much GI Joe but robots.
Whatever might be said about the place of "divinity and mythology" in the Transformers franchise, I'm not sure I'm on board with calling it "a simple war between factions." Whatever else has been proven about the Transformers, they're not simple.

Dake

Citizen
Whatever might be said about the place of "divinity and mythology" in the Transformers franchise, I'm not sure I'm on board with calling it "a simple war between factions." Whatever else has been proven about the Transformers, they're not simple.

Yeah - and "GI Joe but robots" isn't as convincing a concept as it once was. There's a reason they haven't been able to figure out how to do Joe in the modern era beyond capitalizing on nostalgia.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I LOVE the inclusion of divinity and mythology in Transformers. But then I'm a huge Fantasy and Mythology fan in general so there ya go.

-ZacWilliam, I think the 13 would be fine fodder for figures but I agree they'd be better if given an approach that suitably sets them apart: oversized, sculpted like ancient machines, chromed, glow in the dark or light-up. Make 'em something special if your gonna do them.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Good guys have red frowny face. Bad guys have pointy purple face. We get some exceptions here and there but that’s why they’re exceptions.
Yeah - and "GI Joe but robots" isn't as convincing a concept as it once was. There's a reason they haven't been able to figure out how to do Joe in the modern era beyond capitalizing on nostalgia.
GI Joe has dozens of problems but the good guys vs bad guys premise isn’t one of them.

MrBlud

Citizen
I hate that it took Optimus Prime from an Abraham Lincoln, ie a regular person who navigated a war thrust upon them without losing sight of his soldiers or what’s really important because he’s “merely” a good person into a divinely inspired King Arthur who is only as good as he is because duh he’s a God.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I hate that it took Optimus Prime from an Abraham Lincoln, ie a regular person who navigated a war thrust upon them without losing sight of his soldiers or what’s really important because he’s a “merely” a good person into a divinely inspired King Arthur who is only as good as he is because duh he’s a God.
That's only Aligned Optimus, though, not all the others.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Good guys have red frowny face. Bad guys have pointy purple face. We get some exceptions here and there but that’s why they’re exceptions.

GI Joe has dozens of problems but the good guys vs bad guys premise isn’t one of them.
Your ability to state the TF concept in simple terms isn't especially convincing that I should accept TFs as simple.

Top Bottom