Transformers Legacy toyline

The Phazer

Citizen
I think it's amusing that we went from the huge pelvis of G1 Pointblank to....whatever that is on Legacy Blanker. Other than that, it seems like a solid update, and having had the original as a kid, I'm definitely in for the new one.

That Skullgrin alt-mode, though....yikes.

Plus the whole "robot mode" only reveal at the presentation itself...Hasbro's just asking for the leakers to eat their lunch, aren't they?

From what I've heard the Skullgrin image is a box left on the stand somewhere, so so far of the nine toys (including AT/OP), Hasbro have shown off the alt modes and accessories of six of them themselves. Leakers don't even need to bother.

I'll be honestly surprised if we don't see images of the others today just by sheer right hand not knowing what the left is doing.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
After some further thinking/looking, I've realized that a combination of angle and blurriness is obscuring the tank treads on the front of Skullgrin's altmode. You can see them on the backs of his legs in the official bot-mode photo. Those will help out a little, though it's still in desperate need of a cockpit or viewports or something.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I like what we've seen so far, for the most part. Dead End is a must-buy for me, as is the "A Hero Is Born" 2-pack. I will most likely pick up Pointblank and Inferno as well but will pass on Voyager Starscream. Skullgrin, while cool, was never a character or toy that I had much of a connection to; same with Crankcase. Dragon Megs is a favorite of mine, but I'd like to see more robot and alt mode pics (plus how he transforms) before I commit.

Suspsy

Citizen
I think that’s as good of an official updated TM2 Megatron as we can ask for in this day and age. For certain the robot mode is a big improvement over the original. The dragon looks great as well, especially the head. I just hope the transformation isn’t a miserable experience like it was with Kingdom Megatron.

I’m liking Skullgrin as well, although it would have been nicer if Iguanus had been a Deluxe too. I hope this means we’re getting Bludgeon in 2023.

I guess the Autobot Pretenders are a no-go? Their outer shells were always pretty boring compared to the Decepticons’, with the obvious exceptions of Longtooth, Catilla, and Chainclaw.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Catilla, Chainclaw, and Snarler would be interesting if they went all-out on the beast forms. I still wish we had got the Waverider Primemaster, but otherwise I'm not sure there's a lot they could do with them in the current way they handle Pretenders that would be interesting. Metalhawk is rumored, so I guess we can see how he turns out first?

Shadewing

Citizen
I still say that Chainclaw, Carnivac and Snarler would be great to also retool into legacy BW characters. Polar Claw, Wolffang/Wolfgang, and Razorback. Catilla I'm not sure, since we already got most the cats done.

Sorry to double post, but I suppose you could do the opposite and remold Tigertron (new beast and robot head at least) for Catilla. Since tbh Catilla's robot mode is very... nothing. But then, so are most the Pretender beasts, like the robot mode was the after thought. Which making them pre/retools for the BW characters would give them robot modes that have some character.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was also disappointed that we didn't get Weirdwolf repainted/remolded into Carnivac. But yes, I would be all sorts of on-board for some robotic-beast neo pretenders.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I guess the Autobot Pretenders are a no-go? Their outer shells were always pretty boring compared to the Decepticons’, with the obvious exceptions of Longtooth, Catilla, and Chainclaw.
Metalhawk is mentioned in leaked listings, at least.

Suspsy

Citizen
Well, Legacy Metalhawk will probably just be the robot that becomes a jet. Presumably he’ll look more like the classic Masterforce version than the douchey IDW one.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
hQKA2UL.jpg
eBKFj1k.jpg

Just off enough to be real annoying.

Skullgrin's tank mode is hilariously bad (no wonder Hasbro didn't show it off before). I'd rather track down that old Straxus repaint.

Inferno's got tiny hands.

Suspsy

Citizen
It looks like it was directly based off the original TM2 Megs’ face, which did have pointed teeth. I’m perfectly fine with it.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
hQKA2UL.jpg
eBKFj1k.jpg

Just off enough to be real annoying.

Skullgrin's tank mode is hilariously bad (no wonder Hasbro didn't show it off before). I'd rather track down that old Straxus repaint.

Inferno's got tiny hands.
The large gaps bother me more than the fangs. Looks like a dental problem than grrr imma beast

Glitch

Citizen
I hope his dragon arm has a arm hidden under it like the 10th anniversary/Cybertron Megatron had, if not then him to be as tall as POTP Optimal Optimus.

Top Bottom