Transformers Legacy toyline

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Now Road Hauler. Cool looking figure. I kinda wanna see a Energon (or was it Cybertron) Mudflap from that mold.
Pure windows would be nice. They're blue on the back of the box.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
So, in regards to Black Convoy's color scheme... And the Show vs Toy colors... And this whole conspiracy of them intentionally doing this to sell you proper colors later... I'm think there might be a much simpler reason for why Black Convoy's robot mode isn't in Show colors; To make him stand out more from Legacy Optimus Prime, whose robot mode is already very grey/silver, with a black cab and legs. Releasing Black Convoy in proper RID Scourge colors would make him look VERY similar to the Legacy Optimus. Maybe it's just as simple as trying to make the two look as visually distinct as possible. It could still mean we might get Scourge later on (He's not an original mold like Soundwave was) and they might be able to get away with it becuase he will look mostly different.
Exactly. You hear stories like Universe 2.0 Galvatron getting scaled down to a Deluxe because Animated Shockwave was on the shelves and they didn't want two Voyager grey walking tanks on market in such quick succession and you realize that a lot of choices we may scratch our heads at usually get made by people who aren't on the creative end but the marketing/business end.

And these peeps don't care enough about your fandom to orchestrate giant deco-based conspiracies around it.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
Isn't Cosmos part of this line? I'm a tad sceptical, but after seeing one new mold, I'm feeling a little optimistic.

Dake

Citizen
Now Road Hauler. Cool looking figure. I kinda wanna see a Energon (or was it Cybertron) Mudflap from that mold.
Because nothing says SPEED like a bucket truck. :D

Do we know what the "500" refers to?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
It's meant to go with the Speedia, as in Speedia 500 (like the Indy 500 race), but the graphic design was not laid out very well.

Isn't Cosmos supposed to be a deluxe? You don't suppose they are going to remold the origin Bumblebee mold for him, would they?

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
That Speedia packaging is going to get me to buy the figures I was initially going to pass on isn't it?

Damn you Hasbro....

Manoiki

aka TJMD
Citizen
Isn't Cosmos supposed to be a deluxe? You don't suppose they are going to remold the origin Bumblebee mold for him, would they?
Honestly, I hope not. I’d want him to be a little bigger than that mold is. I like the small deluxes for minibots. I love Origin Bumblebee, but I wish he had been a little bigger like ER Cliffjumper.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Cosmos would probably be similar to Huffer in bulk But instead of all the mass going to the truck hood, it’s all in his feet

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Yeah, if Cosmos is another new-mold, he's likely to be very geewun and all. I'm just a little skeptical that we are going to get that many new molds in a retailer-exclusive subset. So far, we've seen one new mold and one recolor, and some of the rest of the rumors are more or less known Diaclone redecos. I think Cosmos and Blurr are the wild cards; and the common theory is that its Armada Blurr and will be retooled into Pointblank. That leaves Cosmos, and I'm struggling to think of any natural redecos or retool options, besides Scrounge and Guardian Pathfinder, neither of which have been mentioned in the rumor mills. So then, I'm left wondering who Cosmos could be retooled from...

Whatever happens, I am excited to see more of the Speedia 500 collection!

Shadewing

Citizen
He knows. That's the "not-Grapple appearance" he was talking about, I assume also to point out that an Orange Hauler is just Grapple, who we've already gotten.

Pretty much. I wouldn't be surprised if 'Hauler' was a pre-production name for Grapple. I recall reading years ago, from Jim Shooter's blog that he'd have multiple names for characters, and one example he gave was Sideswipe, iirc, originally being 'High Beam' but Hasbro rejected that name due to 'High Beams' being slang for women's breasts.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Love the box design, some strong retro vibes in the overall structure of it, I hope the Deluxe class carries that general style.

Top Bottom