Transformers Legacy toyline

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Shared by Notomus on our Discord: a screengrab from a PrimevsPrime review with our first look at Override.

overr.png

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Looks shorter and stubbier, and could use a bit more paint.

But now I too am beginning to doubt that it's a retool of SS86 Hot Rod and not just a new mold of its own.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Looks shorter and stubbier, and could use a bit more paint.

But now I too am beginning to doubt that it's a retool of SS86 Hot Rod and not just a new mold of its own.

If it's a retool of anything, maybe Elita? Idk. (Edit: nah, not looking like it.)

I want to like it on principle. But goddamn if they didn't just remove the spring-loaded transformation gimmick while entirely preserving the worst aspects of the original altmode. The front looks suitably sci-fi space racecar-y with the flaring shin curves integrating really nicely into the overall shape (and that much improved hood/center area). Just missing the sharper taper of the feet/lights to culminate the curving-inward shape.

But then you get to the combination of that tiny cockpit and sticking-out head, AND behind it the spoiler wings are even tinier and more perfunctory... I'm fairly certain all of these sacrifices were made for robot mode proportions, but ugh.

"In this wave, we have a spot we can use for Override."
"Great. We get to improve on the original toy."
"Yeah, it's -- wait, what? Eem-proof? Hell are you talking about?"

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
This looks awesome, hopefully the rest of the Velociton line is equally awesome, Override beats the hell out of the Kingdom repaints/retools, those just looked very uninspired to me!

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Vehicle mode is complete garbage. I’m actually impressed by how it seems they went out of their way to make it look worse than the original or just plain bad in every single way. Sure, robot mode’s better but given how relatively simple transformation is, there really isn’t reason for the car to be so bad

Cybersnark

Citizen
The robot mode looks good, but that vehicle mode looks like a Kart game version of the original (look at how the cockpit just "bubbles" up from the rest of the body, with those big square blocks sticking out like some kind of camper). I feel like the sleek and streamlined vehicle mode is what they should've prioritized for this specific character.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
There's a lot more robot trying to hide in that vehicle now. The original toy is far uglier than you remember.
The original toy also didn’t have the luxury of eschewing the huge springloaded cyber key gimmick and 15 years of advancements in engineering. Robot mode was bad and vehicle was standard cybertronian nonsense but vehicle mode actually managed to be a cohesive car -like thing that implied speed and not be a disjointed mass of parts on jolly Rancher wheels. If the original toy was ugly then this is an affront to the very concept of aesthetics itself.

i also disagree that there’s any more robot here. Any gains in the arms are offset by the way smaller chest.

Last edited:

Shadhausen

Citizen
I'm with unluckiness. That vehicle mode is 10 kinds of garbage.

And Jesus, it's a Voyager?!? That makes it even worse.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Holy crap, it’s voyager? Thought it was one of the big deluxes like Ironhide or Hoist which would make it slightly more acceptable

NovaSaber

Citizen
The vehicle mode is worse than the original in basically every way. The feet are more obviously feet (and don't have headlights like they should, though the original toy didn't either), the head is more obvious, the cockpit is ridiculously small, etc.

Top Bottom