Transformers Legacy toyline

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I'm mystified as to how. I'll give it that it has a better vehicle mode than the original rectangle on wheels. I struggle to see what else it has going for it.

In theory they improved the robot mode by removing the backpack. Except it's Roadbuster. He doesn't really look better without it. And they didn't actually reduce the kibble. They just moved it, and the arms suffer for it.

In theory it has very good articulation, until the soft ratchets shred themselves.

In theory the modular weapons are a fun idea. This is a change I would want any new Roadbuster to keep. But in execution, the options you get out of it aren't great.
Hey yo dont be dissing on my box and angles on wheels G1 Roadbuster I happen to like that aths...athes....look

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hey yo dont be dissing on my box and angles on wheels G1 Roadbuster I happen to like that aths...athes....look

I like it too. I like it enough that I bought the CM's one. Unfortunately it was broken in the box, but I was a cheapskate that gambled on a suspiciously cheap one.

But as much as we like the design we have to admit the vehicle has problems, Having some actual ground clearance was a good move by the T30.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm baffled at how many grown-ass adults are unable to manage expectations and actually thought Hasbro would include a super grand BAF Hammer and felt slighted when (surprise) it turned out to be papercraft. (Which is actually way more involved than their last cardboard pack-ins in the Netflix Ark panels, but grrr Hasbro sux lol)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm baffled at how many grown-ass adults are unable to manage expectations and actually thought Hasbro would include a super grand BAF Hammer and felt slighted when (surprise) it turned out to be papercraft. (Which is actually way more involved than their last cardboard pack-ins in the Netflix Ark panels, but grrr Hasbro sux lol)
A LOT of people overlooked the word "display" in the hammer's description.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I mean, the description WAS super effusive about it, to the point where you can see people thinking "display" is something like the coronation starscream throne. But it's marketing copy, like they're not going to DOWNplay something.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I had a indemand Toys order of mine arrive yesterday as well, carrying: Legacy: G2 Laser Optimus prime, Dragstrip, Skids & Kickback, not bothered with the other figures in the wave, the ones inspired by Prime series haven't really appealed to me, thou I am considering the Wrecker Bulkhead paint job!

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Antsy about that Cyclonus and pretty jealous as a result. Eager for it to see release here.

Are those "Energon Monsters" still happening or did those become Spindle and Masterdominus? I can't believe we still haven't gotten a single Wingfinger redeco/retool.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Looking at the Wreckers AS A GROUP...it's not a bad set when taken as a whole. A nice selection of repaints, some new parts to spice things up, a nice deep cut, it's not a bad group of figures.

But maybe we’ve been spoiled a bit? There’s noting overtly bad, but nothing that really “hits” like we’ve seen in the past with this sort of exclusive (Earthrise gave us Paradron Medic, Ratchet, a bunch of new Micromasters, while Kingdom gave us Terrorsaur, some Diaclone variants and a distinct Tigatron). Here?
Twin Twist is a solid entry, in and of himself. But without a Top Spin, he comes across as an “incomplete set”
Springer in toy colors is a sound entry on paper, but comes across as a bit bland. Maybe if he had a higher contrast on his colors? More details to break up the grey?
The Fossilizers, while nice, are an acquired taste. And without any real fiction to establish the Wreckers connection, they are just here and packaged with higher demand entries. I’m all over them, but obviously many are not.
Bulkhead is a nice redeco with an extra accessory. But his original release is currently building up at retail at this moment and it remains to be seen how he’ll impact future waves. He’s also one that feels like will be on sale by the fall for a lower price than the exclusive version.
Impactor probably the best version Hasbro’s done for the character. But he’s also the FOURTH one since Siege launched. And in one of the pricier sets by being packaged with a Fossilizer.
Leadfoot is probably the biggest hit of the bunch…but as a G2 character he doesn’t have the punch of a more G1 character AND he’s packed with a Fossilizer, making him part of one of the more expensive sets.

Again, nothing overtly BAD, but if doesn’t FEEL as well though out or the entries just lack some of the impact prior sets were able to achieve.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'm getting both Jumpstarters (as different characters) and the G2 bot. I'll wait for a better version of Springer as an both the Siege and Wreckers paint jobs are weak sauce. I'll probably keep the Fossilizer in its box, unless I can find a good enough use for it. As much as I like cardboard stuff, I haven't got enough space to display any of the previously released stuff like that in my TF room, so it's no loss. I'm sure someone will scan the parts so we can make our own out of cardboard/plasticard/etc in the future or some company will make plastic versions of all these extra things in the future.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I've really not been able to keep up. I do think the last I heard was Deluxe, but I wasn't sure.

This Wreckers set does feel more than a little ad hoc. And yes, that is a classic Wreckers thing, but it's better as a justification when the logic is "who can we give some fiction use to" as opposed to "just throw whoever in there and call it homage".

I figure they have to have started with some firm ideas like the retooled Impactor, maybe Leadfoot too. Maybe looking at the recent available molds for ones that were due a reuse and seeing Springer and the TR Jumpstarters (idk how those molds work but it would've been nice to get a Puffer/Road Ranger style 2pack).

The rest seem a little odd. Bulkhead makes sense but is way too new and similar. A different color scheme would've been preferable (urban camo, desert camo, whatever). The Fossilizers are cool on their own but stick out Iike sore thumbs here. But if this was the way that made the most sense for them to see release (especially as pack-ins with more familiar characters), I'll take it.

I wonder what a series 2 might bring. Topspin? Weaponizer Rack N Ruin 2pack? T30 Whirl (are those still within present day price points?)? Ironfist from Siege Hound? A Wingfinger redeco/retool finally?

It is kind of funny that Rotorstorm got done as Selects already, or he'd be a good fit here.

Ultimately, I'm glad that these aren't absolute must-gets, because I could use a break from chasing these damn Amazon exclusive sets.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
G1 & Legacy Wreckers Springer.png
Shame the colours don't match the original G1 Springer that well.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Yeah, I've really not been able to keep up. I do think the last I heard was Deluxe, but I wasn't sure.

This Wreckers set does feel more than a little ad hoc. And yes, that is a classic Wreckers thing, but it's better as a justification when the logic is "who can we give some fiction use to" as opposed to "just throw whoever in there and call it homage".

I figure they have to have started with some firm ideas like the retooled Impactor, maybe Leadfoot too. Maybe looking at the recent available molds for ones that were due a reuse and seeing Springer and the TR Jumpstarters (idk how those molds work but it would've been nice to get a Puffer/Road Ranger style 2pack).

The rest seem a little odd. Bulkhead makes sense but is way too new and similar. A different color scheme would've been preferable (urban camo, desert camo, whatever). The Fossilizers are cool on their own but stick out Iike sore thumbs here. But if this was the way that made the most sense for them to see release (especially as pack-ins with more familiar characters), I'll take it.

I wonder what a series 2 might bring. Topspin? Weaponizer Rack N Ruin 2pack? T30 Whirl (are those still within present day price points?)? Ironfist from Siege Hound? A Wingfinger redeco/retool finally?

It is kind of funny that Rotorstorm got done as Selects already, or he'd be a good fit here.

Ultimately, I'm glad that these aren't absolute must-gets, because I could use a break from chasing these damn Amazon exclusive sets.

Try telling any of that to the fanbois at Seibertron...

Top Bottom