Transformers Legacy toyline

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do really like the Bulkhead mold. However, since I still have my First Edition Prime Bulkhead, I just don't feel the need to double-dip on the character. Kind of the same with Arcee and Lockdown. If either of them was just mind-blowingly show accurate, I might have bit on picking them up. However, none of the 3 are better than what I have.

I did put in my preorder for Motormaster, Deadend, and Jhiaxus. Jhiaxus has always been a favorite of mine.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Pretty much in the same boat there. The originals are still solid, but I am very curious as to the redecos/retools for Bulkhead and Arcee. Knock Out, the original was not very good, but the new one isn't really grabbing me all that much more, so I'll wait to decide when the toy hits shelves.

Jhiaxus is a lock. Motormaster and Dead End, well, I'm game to try for a better Menasor.

Lobjob

Citizen
With all that's been said about the repetitiveness of certain characters and designs, I hope leadfoot is the first of many G2 redo's (mainly because they aren't characters we get regularly) like more rotoforce and laser rods.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Twin Twist (Titan Master Headmaster not named) up on Amazon.com.
71uclpp0POL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
71NdJ0L7KVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81uT7jOS76L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
81-8okh4njL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I liked T30 Roadbuster...

I'm mystified as to how. I'll give it that it has a better vehicle mode than the original rectangle on wheels. I struggle to see what else it has going for it.

In theory they improved the robot mode by removing the backpack. Except it's Roadbuster. He doesn't really look better without it. And they didn't actually reduce the kibble. They just moved it, and the arms suffer for it.

In theory it has very good articulation, until the soft ratchets shred themselves.

In theory the modular weapons are a fun idea. This is a change I would want any new Roadbuster to keep. But in execution, the options you get out of it aren't great.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I might get the Bulkhead along with the first two reveals from this subline but the others aren't really saying "Buy me!" but then I'm trying to decide if I should go for the Wreckers or the lego OP!

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
According to Mark Mahar, that Bulkhead is supposed to be a riff on AOE Hound. Presumably this one…
View attachment 6187

In which case coloring his faceplate black would’ve helped IMMENSELY.
I was looking at the different Bulkhead's they could have done (Mudbuster, Battle Tactics, even Beast Hunters (though that last one would require a lot of retooling)) and Hound briefly crossed my mind, didn't think it actually is an AOE Hound homage.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
No, it's your constant trampling of the proletariat that makes you a bad person.
Eh?

According to Mark Mahar, that Bulkhead is supposed to be a riff on AOE Hound. Presumably this one…
View attachment 6187

In which case coloring his faceplate black would’ve helped IMMENSELY.
He also could have used that splash of colour that retro US Army emblem give it.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Huh, are we getting a new Whirl? The picture doesn't have anyone else not in this series, not even the seemingly-planned-but-cancelled Topspin.

Currently, I think not but if the line does well, they will do a follow up, much like the Shattered Glass line got a sequel, thou this Wreckers line has more figures than Shattered Glass did for its first outing

NovaSaber

Citizen
Also, "Diaclone Universe Twin Twist"?
So a Diaclone mech that came to life? But the other characters in that category don't have the same names as the Autobots they look like.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Currently, I think not but if the line does well, they will do a follow up, much like the Shattered Glass line got a sequel, thou this Wreckers line has more figures than Shattered Glass did for its first outing
It’s either Whirl or Rotorstorm in the image. But the most likely mold (Rotorstorm/Spinister), IIRC, doesn’t have provisions for that sort of under-cockpit weapons mounting. And nothing else is coming to mind for a deluxe/voyager attack helicopter in that style.

If that is intended to be Whirl, I could see him getting costed out of the set. And maybe Amazon didn’t want 3 $44.99 sets, so Hasbro went with something distinctly different (since Springer transforms into a helicopter)

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It’s either Whirl or Rotorstorm in the image. But the most likely mold (Rotorstorm/Spinister), IIRC, doesn’t have provisions for that sort of under-cockpit weapons mounting. And nothing else is coming to mind for a deluxe/voyager attack helicopter in that style.

If that is intended to be Whirl, I could see him getting costed out of the set. And maybe Amazon didn’t want 3 $44.99 sets, so Hasbro went with something distinctly different (since Springer transforms into a helicopter)

Pretty sure that's just Generations Whirl. Agreed, though, he was probably planned back when the art was being done but got dropped.

Top Bottom