Transformers Legacy toyline

The Phazer

Citizen
Isn't that paint deco inspired by the G1 marvel comics?

No. There's maybe one panel in Target 2006 where he's got grey shoulders, but that's fairly obviously a colouring error or creative use of shading (Broadside, stood next to him, is entirely grey). Even in his early appearances and UK appearances Springer was mostly green with some yellow.

Unless there's something astonishing to this "hammer" thing, that's a very easy skip.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
"G1 inspired universe" Wow that narrows it down, best I can tell (from browsing Tfwiki) he's grey in IDW, this certainly looks nice.

That combiner face looks good.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
"G1 inspired universe" Wow that narrows it down, best I can tell (from browsing Tfwiki) he's grey in IDW, this certainly looks nice.
It's the G1 toy's colors.

Hasbro didn't give a flying flip about anything logical when coming up with those marketing-speak universe labels.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
If I'd owned the G1 Springer toy as a kid I'd probably be all over this. But I didn't despite the character being a favorite, so while it's interesting to see a toy-based deco I don't feel like I need it at all.

ZacWilliam, and since skipping it means never having all the pieces of the package art or whatever the hammer turns out to be it makes me just a little less likely to order all the others. (Still want the Fossilizers of course).

Glitch

Citizen
What could the Mayhem Attack Squad be?
Stranglehold: Rhinox retool,
Spinister and Venom (Waspinator)
Octopunch (Scorponok retool) and Steamhammer (Thrilling 30 Scoop redeco)
Flywheels (TR Blitzwing redeco with TR Skytreads head)
Thunderwing (TR Sky Shadow retool)

The Phazer

Citizen
What could the Mayhem Attack Squad be?
Stranglehold: Rhinox retool,
Spinister and Venom (Waspinator)
Octopunch (Scorponok retool) and Steamhammer (Thrilling 30 Scoop redeco)
Flywheels (TR Blitzwing redeco with TR Skytreads head)
Thunderwing (TR Sky Shadow retool)
Catila from Cheetor (or Ravage)?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I’d love Catilla from Tigatron myself.

Also it‘s well within their remold abilities to turn Tigatron into a wolf for Carnivac.

Heck I can imagine them turning Rhinox into Snarler as not totally impossible.

-ZacWilliam, honestly my biggest regret about not getting Polar Claw is losing the possibility of Chainclaw

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I put in a preorder for Springer, damn my completionism tick!
I think it looks...okay. I think the issue for me is that there really isn't enough contrast. It all kind of "blends together", I think the grey should have been darker to offer a better contrast with the light green. Or some extra detail on all the grey. He's just a grey slab with a splash of green and it really needs something to break that up.

Maybe he'll look better in more natural light, or something.

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
I think it looks...okay. I think the issue for me is that there really isn't enough contrast. It all kind of "blends together", I think the grey should have been darker to offer a better contrast with the light green. Or some extra detail on all the grey. He's just a grey slab with a splash of green and it really needs something to break that up.
New Springer really needs the reds/yellows/blues from the G1 toy's decals to break up that dull monotone grey. Ideally they would have done some "sticker" tampos on his shins and shoulders; but for some reason they thought a darker-grey block was detailing enough...

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I personally think that Springer looks awesome. I usually love cartoon decos but Springer and Cyclonus are fantastic. It probably helps that I had both as kids. My family actually had two Springers (gifts from an aunt and grandmother the same Christmas).

Also found 6 Nightprowlers, 6 Buzzsaws, and 4 Sandstorms at the Springfield, MA Walmart.
20220511_195312.jpg

Echowarrior

Citizen
Didn't own the mold, wasn't eager to get him (I'm very satisfied with the Thrilling 30 version)...but dang it, I kinda want a complete set.

MrBlud

Citizen
Given ‘86 Arcee showing up in Studio Series I don’t think a cartoon accurate Springer is that unheard of.

I feel toy was probably the better call here what with the Wrecker symbol and everything…

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Hasbro accidentally revealed Twin Twist prematurely on Instagram:

Though, sadly, Topspin got axed from this subline:

AjesfB5.png

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Id love for a new mold, G1 Accurate Sandstorm.

Repackaged Cyberverse Rack N Ruin?

Pyro from Inferno

Curious to see what the rest of the week shows.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Seeing this Springer just makes me wish I'd been able to grab the Siege one, honestly.

I don't hate it... I just like the other one more.

Top Bottom