Transformers Legacy toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm hearing that Red Cog may very well be a Target Redcard exlusive? I'm hoping not, as I don't have a Redcard.

Glitch

Citizen
Sunbow G1 - killed by Decepticons in the movie, death confirmed in Dark Awakenings
Marvel G1 - Deactivated by Prime in issue 12 (for some reason most of the Autobots were offline in subsequent issues despite appearing fine at that end of the issue), shows up functional in 'Totalled' and then revived by nucleon by issue 75 suggesting he was another offscreen victim of Starscream, he was shot to pieces in G2 issue 8 and probably dead.
Movie - killed by Sentinel Prime
IDW G1 - Killed by humans, mysteriously brought back to life by Alpha Trion in a youthful body and then died in the Unicron flop to add to the body count for the sheer hell of it.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Sunbow G1 - killed by Decepticons in the movie, death confirmed in Dark Awakenings
Marvel G1 - Deactivated by Prime in issue 12 (for some reason most were despite appearing fine at the end of the issue), shows up in 'Totalled' and then revived by nucleon by issue 75 suggesting he was deactivated by Starscream, he was shot to pieces in G2 issue 8, probably dead.
Movie - killed by Sentinel Prime
IDW G1 - Killed by humans, mysteriously brought back to life by Alpha Trion in a youthful body and then died in the Unicron flop to add to the body count for the sheer hell of it.
♪ One of these things is not like the others... ♪

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I think Rodimus has the right idea along with Star Saber, wearing other colours with the red, as they haven't died, then again, Slag should worry a bit along with Thrust on the cons side of things, speaking of cons, there is Knockout, SS & Flywheels off the top of my head, but back on the Autobots, Warpath and Computron tend to surport a lot of red, plus Inferno and if Inferno dies, who going to put out the fires caused by these exploding Transformers? Host?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And all the captains in the 24th Century went on to wear red uniforms instead of gold.

Before switching to everyone just wearing gray.

The Phazer

Citizen
Collectors: "GIVE US MORE TROOP BUILDERS!"

Hasbro: Here ya go

Collectors: "WHAT'S WITH ALL THE GENERIC REPAINTS?!"

Hasbro:
robert-downey-jr-frustrated.gif

Gnaw is a troop builder but he still got a bio and a name.

Autotroopers are troop builders but got some effort put into naming them and giving them some tech specs.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Troop Builders are still an opportunity for world building. It just feels like the current ethos at Hasbro says "let the media do that, it's not our job. Here's a toy labeled toy." Which is sad because the toyline doing world and character building is a big part of what made the brand great.

-ZacWilliam, and when you get to the extreme "not our job" point of not even giving new characters actual names it starts to feel kinda disrespectful to the franchise as whole, at least to me.

Dake

Citizen
Right? I mean what will they do next, just put out a toy called "Storm Trooper" or "Rebel Soldier"? They've gotten so lazy.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Right? I mean what will they do next, just put out a toy called "Storm Trooper" or "Rebel Soldier"? They've gotten so lazy.

Star Wars was media first. Transformers was toys first and has generally previously made world and character building part of that toyline in a way Star Wars never did.

-ZacWilliam, and naming a character that is as far as we know a unique character is not a big ask.

Xaaron

Citizen
My headcanon is that the Autobots call him "Red Cog" because he looks like Cog and they can't remember his real name, but HE thinks its an obscure regional euphemism for Scraplets (Marvel Comics version), and appreciates his teammates giving him a kick-aft nickname for being deadly and relentless.

Just call me Budiansky.

Mat-Man

Citizen
Picked up Legacy Blaster last night, fun bot, feels fairly solid. Eject, however, made me nervous transforming him to robot mode, to the point I changed him back almost immediately, and parked him back in Blaster's chest, where he will stay for all eternity or until (if) Hasbro re-releases him in non-translucent plastic...

Platypus Prime

Citizen
It is that fragile feeling? I've had similar worries seeing the entire back of Wildrider is clear, and a lot of it looks like the sort that cracked on Weirdwolf, complete with the 'thin barrels with pins through them' type joints.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Looks like Parasite / Skywasp comes with the Buzzsaw head too. The TCC was planning on including new heads with the Waruder sets they still had and categorizing them as new characters. Skywasp would have had a new Buzzsaw head (as would the others). It was going to be black with a dark gray face and yellow eyes. The eyes would have the outlines of eyes painted on it like the original Seeker eye stickers for Skywarp. This is where those last day bios came from despite the plans for the new heads falling through.

Last edited:

Top Bottom