Transformers Legacy toyline

Manoiki

aka TJMD
Citizen
I still need T30 Metroplex, TR Trypticon ER Skylynx and Siege Omega Supreme. I still haven’t watched Cybertron, so I don’t have any character attachment to him. That being said, I’m in. He looks better than I thought he would and all around looks fun. Preordered at Target.

MrBlud

Citizen
The fan panel was pretty illuminating

Some highlights

-yellowing plastics - PA plastics (stronger plastic material) is actually doing the yellowing. All of Hasbro plastics are put through a U/V treatment standard.

-This team picked Cybertron Metroplex from the previous team. Ties in to Legacy story theme, as a miner of Energon. Story was initial driver for getting Metroplex in there. Still designing toys for kids, ultimately. (None of that makes sense but whatever)

-Drill bit was cost out early on. Possibly will get Core Class release but no plans at this poimt

-Can't say there won't be more price increases

-ER Soundwave part of the Netflix capsule, so therefore a Walmart exclusive for a period of time. Walmart could do it again in that timeframe.

- Menasor IS NOT CW compatible. The legs fit but are extremely loose and the arm ports are not compatible period.

-Anything is possible on Core Skywarps missing null rays.

-bios being short is because translations are expensive. Translations are charged by the word. Bios need to be translated into 27 languages.

You can scope the full thing out on TFU.info’s Twitter thread. https://mobile.twitter.com/TFU_INFO

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Mensor not being backwards compatable is a tragic lost, thou I expect some third party will come up with 3D printed parts to enable him to combine with the CW Stunticons or the even older combiner figures! With the bios, I'm like, um, couldn't you just use google for translation and have people in charge of marketing in the various countries look over the bios?

With this Metroplex, honestly aside from the fact I think he would of likely been better off as a commander class figure, the price point I think could of easily justified including the Minicon, even if its the original mold from 17 years ago (Holy cr*p, its been that long already?)!!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Mensor not being backwards compatable is a tragic lost, thou I expect some third party will come up with 3D printed parts to enable him to combine with the CW Stunticons or the even older combiner figures! With the bios, I'm like, um, couldn't you just use google for translation and have people in charge of marketing in the various countries look over the bios?

With this Metroplex, honestly aside from the fact I think he would of likely been better off as a commander class figure, the price point I think could of easily justified including the Minicon, even if its the original mold from 17 years ago (Holy cr*p, its been that long already?)!!

Menasor is compatible for the legs, but the arms would fall out easily they said. They also said that you could try whatever and they weren't going to tell you no. So who knows how it will fit. I will let you know in a few months when I get him. :)

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So the choice for their largest and most expensive pricepoint was driven by a story that no fiction is going to tell. Classic.

yeah, basically the theme/gimmick of legacy is the energon weapons and Metroplex is mining the energon.

I am not expecting it to sell well, especially at a higher price point than previous titans.

ssg 4 life

Citizen
i'm really digging metroplex. i was leary of the idea when he was just a rumor. i personally think the design actually makes him look like a classic titan. i look forward to getting him

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
For $200 dollars?

This thing is going to fail.

EASY pass.
Bah, people said Devastator would bomb because the parts weren't articulated enough. They said Predaking wouldn't sell because of his lack of detail.

I'm pretty sure Hasbro has a solid idea of how well this might sell. And even if it doesn't sell AS WELL as prior ones, then Hasbro will address their plans. Hell, Black Zarak (a deep fan cut remold of a well known Japanese release) has probably been more easily available than ANY Titan has to this point.
I am not expecting it to sell well, especially at a higher price point than previous titans.
$170 to $200 is NOT that huge an increase. Probably no more, relatively, than we've seen across the board. I think a big part of the hang up has been the mental "barrier" offered by the $200 price point.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Bah, people said Devastator would bomb because the parts weren't articulated enough. They said Predaking wouldn't sell because of his lack of detail.

I'm pretty sure Hasbro has a solid idea of how well this might sell. And even if it doesn't sell AS WELL as prior ones, then Hasbro will address their plans. Hell, Black Zarak (a deep fan cut remold of a well known Japanese release) has probably been more easily available than ANY Titan has to this point.

$170 to $200 is NOT that huge an increase. Probably no more, relatively, than we've seen across the board. I think a big part of the hang up has been the mental "barrier" offered by the $200 price point.
The problem with that line of thinking is that those were iconic characters, Devastator even more so due to TFTM as much as it pains me to admit it. Cybertron Metroplex has very little going for it in terms of nostalgia and media appearances. I don't want the toy to flop, but I just don't see this toy selling well with a $30 bump added on.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Can SOMEONE answer if the "Saw Blade" will actually SPIN? If it will, then I won't miss the original gimmick. (Maybe there will be a conspicuous notch on the tool that can hold a Cyber key?)

I thought the saw blade splitting to reveal a simple lighting effect was lame, when a spinning-gimmick for the very obvious circular-blade would've been much for functional and fun. (Plus, in-universe, it mean Metroplex himself is not Cyber-Key compatible but it's his weapon that's 'worthy'.)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Can SOMEONE answer if the "Saw Blade" will actually SPIN? If it will, then I won't miss the original gimmick. (Maybe there will be a conspicuous notch on the tool that can hold a Cyber key?)
The red triangle seen on the side of the bucket wheel near its center is shown pointing in different directions in several of the stock photos, suggesting that the wheel does rotate in some fashion.

Top Bottom