Transformers Legacy toyline

Internet Jesus

Poison Love
Citizen
I'm horribly miffed about Soundwave being the Siege mold.

Just re-release the ******* ER/Netflix version. Hasbro, you KNOW that shit got scalped to high heaven. Do a new run for Pulse.

Very happy about Knock-Out, Tarantula and Jhiaxus, though.

Also happy about SG Ultra Magnus having a second head for Delta Magus, even though I'm not really interested.

Very unenthused about Menasor. I'll stick with CW, thanks. I absolutely don't like the limbs just being shinguards and armor, animation accuracy be damned. I'll keep my splayed CW Menasor, thanks.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Pleasantly surprised by how many of these reveals weren't spoiled these last few days.

The Prime stuff continues to be weird. Arcee is at least recognizable in both modes, Bulkhead feels like an entirely unrelated toy, Knock Out's car mode is good but then his robot mode is devoid of basically everything characterful.

... and then there's Jhiaxus in all his bat-winged, cockpit-in-a-cockpit, asymmetrical, G2 glory.

Tarantulas looks great. I've been buying the BW repaints over their original on-screen versions for whatever reasons, but I might just get regular Tarants because he pairs so nicely with Package Art Blackarachnia.

Elita-1's car mode having a removable Mickey Mouse Hat is kinda hilarious.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
So did Jihaxus end up being "energon monster" or are we still waiting to see what that was?

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I'm so disappointed in all of you. The Allspark once set the bar for Hand Laser discussion and THIS is what we've become?
As a proud owner of Diaclone Big Powered and his awesome Hand Lazers
1499557294-16.jpg
Here they make sense....on goofy add-ons for Blitzwing not so much

NovaSaber

Citizen
A deluxe and a core both had that "name".

My guess is something similar to Fossilizers, except not dinosaurs and worse because they're made out of transparent plastic.

Glitch

Citizen
It'll be a beast former made of blast effect parts and with two possible names slapped attached: Kremzeek or Tornadron.

Also Motormaster is missing the car chest which could have doubled as a shield for Motormaster therefore it get's a 9.7% score, NOT PERFECT.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As always, I love pretty much any Transformer. If someone gave me any of these, I'd still love it.

But as far as what compels me to actually spend money on them...

Motormaster: Want, but he's a big boy. But still...

Blitzwing: Eh.

Knock Out: Very tempting. I really like Knock Out from Prime, but missed out on his toy... save for the orange Cyberverse or Legends or whatever one.

Tarantulus: Pretty cool.

Jhiaxus: More surprised than anything, but...

Soundwave: Eh.

Wildrider: Not bad, I kinda like. Waiting to see Dead End, though.

Elita-One: Wow, one lone female Autobot against, let's face it, a lot of pretty elite Decepticons. Someone must have it in for her.

Oh, and her toy is kinda neat, kinda silly, but I think I dig it overall.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Now I'm curious if we'll see the other combiners done similarly to this, but I can't imagine what the "trailer" kibble would be for most of them. Feels like onslaught is the only one that might be able to get away with it.

Also it's interesting that It's just Predacon Tarantulas but Jhiaxus is "G2 Universe Jhiaxus"

So G2 is considered a different universe but beast wars isn't? :D

Last edited:

Glitch

Citizen
G2 is an offshoot of the US Marvel G1 comic,
Seems we get four timelines:
Marvel US - Regeneration One (A Deathbringer incident)
Marvel US - Generation 2
Marvel UK - Aspects of Evil
Marvel UK - 'Peace'.

Of course there's Timelines and classics and god knows what BEast Wars comes from Dreamwave did seem to try and build a continuity toward it.

MrBlud

Citizen
Now I'm curious if we'll see the other combiners done similarly to this, but I can't imagine what the "trailer" kibble would be for most of them. Feels like onslaught is the only one that might be able to get away with it.

Also it's interesting that It's just Predacon Tarantulas but Jhiaxus is "G2 Universe Jhiaxus"

So G2 is considered a different universe but beast wars isn't? :D

Given the animation models you could probably get away with that system in broad strokes for most Sunbow Combiners.

The other ones are less “clip on” but if you like slid them over the “skeleton” for the arms that might work.

The other problem is the trailer. You could use that for Hot Spot and Onslaught and maybe stretch it as some kind of space ship partsformer for Scattorshot but it’s going to look real out of place with Silverbolt and Hun-Grr.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
More Transformers should have finger guns.

Or thumbs up. Or air quotes.

shooter-darren-mc-gavin.gif

I'm so disappointed in all of you. The Allspark once set the bar for Hand Laser discussion and THIS is what we've become?

Dammit, you beat me to it!

Man, when was the "Hand Lasers" thing? 2-3 years ago? Wish the old server hadn't died a horrible, fiery death.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
It's almost weird to see a Hasbro that gleefully showed off a combined mode and the details there off as soon as they could, compared to the downright coy way they treated the fact that the Terrorcons combined back in Power of the Primes.
Also a stark contrast to the horrible display they had setup for the reveal of CW Superion and Menasor back in the day. This was a whole lot more flattering.

RCX

Citizen
Not utilizing the Netflix-Soundwave mold must have to do with an exclusivity window with Walmart that has not yet closed. We haven't seen second versions of him, VWBee, or WFC Elita.

ZacDeath

WWOPD
Citizen
I saw the spider legs on Tarantulas and got all excited, but then I saw the beast mode. Wolf spiders are cool and all, but yet again, still not a tarantula.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Not utilizing the Netflix-Soundwave mold must have to do with an exclusivity window with Walmart that has not yet closed. We haven't seen second versions of him, VWBee, or WFC Elita.
Well, in VWBee's case, he was a licensed figure.

Top Bottom