Transformers Legacy toyline

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
From what I could see of the shoulders in the show, it looks like the arms don't use CW ports, or if they do, it's reversed. From what I could tell it looks like the trailer arms slide down around some pieces of Motormaster to connect, so the holes are on the trailer side. That suggests to me the CW ports were used just because they work, and not for an attempt at backwards compatibility. Though it's so close....

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Menasor is perfection. Looks like an exceptional fun figure in all modes. That combined mode looks way better than anything we've gotten as far as combiners in the past.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Welp, I just dropped a whole lotta money on a bunch of plastic crack.

And that's not even deciding if I want to get Elita or hold off for Minerva...

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well, I think I'm getting most of this second wave. Heck, seeing more of Menasor's convinced me snap up Drag Strip. SG Ultra Magnus is going to get that alternate head though, maybe even a Reprolabel.

Gonna be a long wait for all these guys.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Oh wow, I thought we'd get a few new toys, not most of wave 2. But what's with the Core class being shafted? IIRC they showed off wave 1 and a few weeks later showed Iguanus. Now we got wave 2 but didn't see G2 Megatron after it being leaked.

Wild Rider and Motormaster look good, I just never had much interest in the Stunticons. But Menasor does look good and if they're compatible with CW even better I say.

Knockout looks fine, much like Arcee and Bulkhead I need to see him more. The designer Mark said his body is partial Studio Series Jazz with a lot of new mold, I hope they shouldn't have waited on Jackpot, but I hope for a Rapido.

Elita-1, looks good, will get Minerva.

Oh my! Tarantulas looks incredible, I was worried he'd be "G1 inspired" like the Legacy Prime toys but they did my favorite Predacon justice.

And Jhiaxus! I didn't expect him to look so good.

Also surprised they went with Siege Soundwave and not Earthrise.

And Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus is a nice surprise.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Finally a good Knockout toy. Love that the car mode is so different. I am glad he has different feet than Jazz too, as it'd be too blocky. I do wish his chest segmented or he had wheels on his back, but for a retool of Jazz, he's really great.

Tarantulas looks perfect.

Eilta-1 is great and a wonderful precursor to Minerva. Her little car hat is awesome and I love it. Now we know where Minerva's lights will go.

I was never big into Jhiaxus, but he is really firing on all cylinders. He has this cheesy 90's look with that awesome grimace and little bat wings on his legs that are so great. What a design and figure. Love the opening hands too.

Wildrider looks awesome and has a fantastic var mode. Hope that the other two Stunticons are unique molds or extensive enough not to be obvious.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I'm just not feeling this figure and feel its a missed chance to actually recreate a more faithful Prime Knockout, while I kind of get what they are going for, it doesn't really click with me,
I think what's tripping me up on Knock Out is that I always viewed him as being a bit more "petite" in frame compared to guys like Bumblebee and Smokescreen, much less the curves. I think instead of the Mustang/BMW-esque design, I think he might have worked better using a 90s Jaguar or something from Pagani as a visual foundation. That would have let him keep his curves and potentially even incorporate some variation to the typical "front chest car former" design by including the shoulder wheels and thinner look.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am a little conflicted on these. I love Jhiaxus, Motormaster and the stunticons, as well as Tarantulas. However, that Blitzwing isn't convincing me to replace my Titans Return Blitzwing for it. I like the robot mode, but the alt modes just don't look right to me. Same for Elita 1, but I might get her since I don't have any other version of her.

I am going to have to think about those two.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Jhiaxus is a must Motormaster is getting awfully tempting

Im not a fan of Elita-1 that alt mode...yikes
Prime rehashes do nothing for me there a skip and Tranulas is way better in his TM form anyway no need to go back on that

BUT WHY IN FRACK DO THEY INSIST OF GIVING US STUPID UNNECESSARY JUNK AND NOT THE THINGS WE NEED
Like Motormaster rifle or Spoilers for Sideswipe and Sunstreaker but no we get Bliztwing with the most stupid looking finger gun? hand things?
Its baffling

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Tarantulas looks worth the wait. I don't like the spider mode, in the right way. Once again they paid careful attention to the stance of the bug legs, and the result looks disturbingly natural. I hate it, and I love it.

It really shouldn't be hard to keep a Season 1 Tarantulas transformation simple, and they don't appear to have done anything to needlessly complicate it. It appears to have some interesting tricks to it, while still keeping things simple.

I love that it has weapon storage like the original toy, and they threw in the Transmetal weapon as a bonus just because. No one would have said a thing if this season 1 based Tarantulas only came with the season 1 weapon, but they gave us a bonus. That's nice. Maybe it was just enough extra plastic to allow the cost to be a perfect rounded number. The world may never know.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
love that it has weapon storage like the original toy, and they threw in the Transmetal weapon as a bonus just because. No one would have said a thing if this season 1 based Tarantulas only came with the season 1 weapon, but they gave us a bonus. That's nice. Maybe it was just enough extra plastic to allow the cost to be a perfect rounded number. The world may never know.
It was to give him his own energon weapon like the other figures of this line, while leaving the season 1 weapon as a normal one rather than changing it into being his energon weapon.

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen
From what I could see of the shoulders in the show, it looks like the arms don't use CW ports, or if they do, it's reversed. From what I could tell it looks like the trailer arms slide down around some pieces of Motormaster to connect, so the holes are on the trailer side. That suggests to me the CW ports were used just because they work, and not for an attempt at backwards compatibility. Though it's so close....
Kind of like how Legends God Bomber's legs worked, huh? That would suck for full backwards compatibility, yeah. =( Still, it would be nice if all four CW Stunticon limb-bots could still be used.

A thought: from the promo shots of Motormaster's trailer in base mode, it looks like the main base piece in the center is comprised almost entirely of the combiner torso shell Motormaster would slip into - Menasor's thighs are all but visible right in front - leaving the combiner arm and leg shells as the remaining parts. It would be pretty cool if, for backwards compatibility purposes, the arm and leg parts then get folded up and reattached somewhere else so they're still on Menasor in combined mode rather than getting set aside. Maybe the combiner feet can fold up and serve as wide, improved feet for the CW legs, while the Legacy combiner arms attach to the torso's back to bulk it up some more.

Top Bottom