Transformers Legacy toyline

Shadewing

Citizen
Wow, it looks like Motormaster isn't even needed to make Menasor*. That is a complete fail of a combiner, when you you can have the "combiner" without any of the 5 guys that are supposed to, you know, combine to make him.

*Yeah, I know you need the trailer, but it doesn't even look like the cab, that actually becomes Motormaster, forms any part of the torso.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wow, it looks like Motormaster isn't even needed to make Menasor*. That is a complete fail of a combiner, when you you can have the "combiner" without any of the 5 guys that are supposed to, you know, combine to make him.

*Yeah, I know you need the trailer, but it doesn't even look like the cab, that actually becomes Motormaster, forms any part of the torso.

No, it definitely looks like Motormaster is the torso. Menasor's chest is Motormaster's back. The truck grill becomes the shoulders. The trailer just becomes the arms and legs (and maybe hips?).

EDIT: After watching the livestream, I retract that statement. Menasor's chest is definitely part of the trailer. Looks like Motormaster goes into the back more similar to the old Power of the Primes Orion Pax / Optimus.

Last edited:

RCX

Citizen
Too bad they didn't paint the head box & helmet grey.
The leg-cars splitting to also form the heel-spurs will probably look a bit awkward, but otherwise I like it!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Too bad they didn't paint the head box & helmet grey.
The leg-cars splitting to also form the heel-spurs will probably look a bit awkward, but otherwise I like it!

I don't think the leg cars split. Looks like the leg car's backpacks just form the foot. The whole lower legs looks to be able to attach either "forward" with no car on it so that the purple bit is the foot and the trailer chunk is the heel spur, or "backwards" with a car on it so that the car forms the shin/foot and the purple bit becomes the heel spur.

menasor.jpg

Also looks like the skeletal legs may have some fold out panels that open to fill in the lower leg if you don't have the lower cars.

The Phazer

Citizen
It looks okay, but painted windows is a bit of a joke on a Commander price point toy that is around leader size.

Also a bit of a shame the waist is so thin, given the one obvious advantage of this skeleton set up was that you didn't need to have a tiny thin waist.

Last edited:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
If those hip ports are fully CW backwards compatible, and there's similar arm ports, I'm half-tempted to get that to use with the CW Stunticons, and just ignore the extra trailer pieces.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I certainly did not expect backwards compatibility with Combiner Wars. I really think I'm in now on all of these.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That Elita 1 is awesome. That's the Elita that I'd been waiting for. I didn't buy the CW one because "spacetrukk-not-jEtt" and the less said about the Arcee mold the better, but that new Legacy one is exactly what I've been wanting.

Oh man, and that Jhiaxus! Lot of good stuff in here.

The Phazer

Citizen
Jhiaxus looked really cool. Some of the engineering touches on Motormaster are neat (but painted windows are really inexcusable). Knock-out and Tarantulus are neat. Elita looks awful. Eesh.

Making Soundwave a release of the Siege toy rather than the Earthrise one would feel pretty insulting if I didn't already have it.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Elita is wonderful. Tarrantulas is great. Jiaxus is damn perfect. Knock out is good.

That's some wonderful stuff.

The Stunticons... I was not into the idea of redoing Combiner Wars but Menasor really was the worst of that line. It's a mess. So I'll happily take this.

-ZacWilliam, also his trailer looks like it could make a good Thunderclash trailer if they wanted, and Jhiaxus might make a decent Thunderwing

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Dang, I had zero desire to pick up that Jhiaxus, but I might have to get him anyway.

Tarantulus looks great, and Elita-1/Minerva might be the best female car mold we've gitten since thrilling 30.

Still torn on the stunticons. I think the cars being the back halves of the legs is really killing me, even more than the arm bots splitting apart. Motormaster looks great though.

Soundwave being the Siege version makes me think that Soundwave won't be given the tapedeck mold again unless it's for an exclusive or a cheaper figure like the core class. Hasbro probably didn't have faith in a 30 dollar toy based on a piece of equipment that's a generation out of date.

Which is weird, because Blaster is right there!.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Hasbro probably didn't have faith in a 30 dollar toy based on a piece of equipment that's a generation out of date.
Yet, they're releasing cassette boombox Blaster at retail twice.

Plus, there was the whole Titans Return Leader class Soundwave and Blaster, the former of which even saw release again in the Bumblebee movie line.

Top Bottom