Transformers Legacy toyline

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
Just found Bulkhead at a local Target last night. He's nice; more complicated transformation than I expected. I do agree that the open packaging is a bad idea for the Legacy line - if Hasbro expects us to pay MSRP for these things, they should at least have the minimal amount of protection.

I skipped the recent Grapple and Inferno molds, but I'm pretty interested in Hauler.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
So, I guess "package refresh" is going to continue be a big thing across all price points going forward (though, we didn't get the Starscream Voyager refresh). That said, I question another run for Wheeljack. I knew he was popular, but I didn't think he was THAT popular! Cheetor I can understand, but I think given the options, there are guys like Tracks, Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker, or if they wanted to go to Siege, Mirage or Crosshairs (especially now that other Targetmasters are starting to hit) that I think might be more compelling than another run of Wheeljack.

A bit surprised to see Twincast on deck. Hasbro's really not been doing too much with those sorts of straight repaints in the mainline as of late, so I wonder if he'll get some newly tooled parts (maybe changes to evoke the toy over the cartoon?)

Last edited:

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I’d be willing to pay $50 for Twincast if he comes with 5 cassettes. Super excited to see his name on the list. Honestly thought he would be a selects figure.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I think the Wheeljack is likely to be based upon one of the other verisons of the character, but if its a repack, I wonder if they doing a clean verison of the the Earthrise mold?

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm wondering if they'll keep Twincast as Blaster Upgraded, or if they'll do like they've done with Soundblaster and make him a new character.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
For Wheeljack it says PR, Package Refresh. So I don’t think this will be an updated Prime or RID mold.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm wondering if they'll keep Twincast as Blaster Upgraded, or if they'll do like they've done with Soundblaster and make him a new character.

That depends if we are getting a animated series to go with the line, so far, there is no word that I'm aware of in regards to a animated show based upon the legacy line

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
So I don’t think this will be an updated Prime or RID mold.
You mean Cyberverse?

Either way, both are just G1 Wheeljack without a faceplate. About the only really interesting version of Wheeljack we haven’t seen (and could TOTALLY be done without much effort) would be Armada Wheeljack.

And I’m not sure the current team has the…interest…in doing him. Maybe when they start doing a lot of Armada stuff?

Darth_Prime

Citizen
You mean Cyberverse?

Either way, both are just G1 Wheeljack without a faceplate. About the only really interesting version of Wheeljack we haven’t seen (and could TOTALLY be done without much effort) would be Armada Wheeljack.

And I’m not sure the current team has the…interest…in doing him. Maybe when they start doing a lot of Armada stuff?
I mean whatever that world is called. Yeah he looks a lot like the G1 version, but wasn’t that the point? Being a wrecker had a cool plot twist for him.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
It might be the case that they expected the film to be out in or around this wave hitting, and wanted a G1 Wheeljack in stores for when movie Wheeljack would have been on screens.

MrBlud

Citizen
Wouldn’t they have ample Movie Wheeljack’s on the shelves when Movie Wheeljack is on the screen?

I don’t begrudge “brand synergy” but when you’re offloading essential figures ala G1 Prowl, Terrorsaur, etc into store exclusive sets yet release the SAME FIGURE ACROSS THREE LINES (four if you count another store exclusive!) at wide retail, I don’t think the fans are wrong to be confused and/or exasperated.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Yeah, but you also wanna capture the 40 year old nostalgic crowd who don't give a poop about getting toy for the new movie.

Granted the other chars from that movie aren't getting repacks, so who knows what goes on in the minds at Hasbro.

Edit: also this is an attempt at an explanation, not a justification. Feel free to be as confused and/or exasperated as you want to be.

Shadewing

Citizen
Yeah, but you also wanna capture the 40 year old nostalgic crowd who don't give a poop about getting toy for the new movie.

Granted the other chars from that movie aren't getting repacks, so who knows what goes on in the minds at Hasbro.

Edit: also this is an attempt at an explanation, not a justification. Feel free to be as confused and/or exasperated as you want to be.
Well we seem to be getting a repack Core Optimus, Arcee is a selfwarmer and we don't need a 3rd release of her, We've not gotten a mainline Bumblebee surprisingly enough, which only leave Mirage for the Autobots I think. For as much as Wheeljack's been re-released, he's not really been much of a selfwarmer.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Hound or Mirage would be much better repackages. And with Point Blank rumored, Crosshairs would be a good fit too.

Last edited:

Top Bottom