Transformers Legacy toyline

Shadhausen

Citizen
Can't say I'm too impressed with G2 Laser Prime. They increased the complexity by a ridiculous amount yet ended up with a cab mode that's worse than the original. Those forearms just sticking out of the back are ridiculous.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm of two minds of how I'll handle him, but either a G2 Ironhide, as I don't think we ever got one; or stick him with Worlds Collide Bumblebee as a 'G1ish' version of Movie Ironhide. It'd work with Legacy's multiverse theme.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm still getting used to the odd pairing of the shoulder boxes and arms. They don't flow together nearly as well as the original, like someone just drew him from memory.

Lots to like about this overall though, and I hope the Scourge and Laser Magnus redecos are as inevitable as they seem -- and only minimally ezclusive.

Blot

Citizen
That black helmet - red face - piercing blue eyes combo is gewd. Shame I have no real interest in Diaclone repaints for the most part.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Agreed. I was ambivalent on the concept when it first leaked, but seeing how beautiful the execution was, I ended up pre-ordering.

Laser Prime seems like a fun toy, but I don't need another Optimus. I'd probably get a Scourge, though. I actually don't currently own a single evil Prime clone type character, so this mold would be a great one to break that particular fast with.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
I'm still getting used to the odd pairing of the shoulder boxes and arms. They don't flow together nearly as well as the original, like someone just drew him from memory.

Lots to like about this overall though, and I hope the Scourge and Laser Magnus redecos are as inevitable as they seem -- and only minimally ezclusive.
I would not assume that G2 Laser Magnus is a given. We already have listings for Scourge/Black Convoy, but Magnus is a super deep cut that wasn't even an orignal G2 toy, so who knows. Definitely the kind of the thing that is perfect for Selects, but as far as I know it's not part of the rumored 2022 releases. Maybe next year?

Also, I wish SG Magnus would be a remold of Legacy Prime rather than the more likely Siege/Kingdom Magnus repaint.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
I would no assume that G2 Laser Magnus is a given. We already have listings for Scourge/Black Convoy, but Magnus is a super deep cut that wasn't even an orignal G2 toy, so who knows. Definitely the kind of the thing that is perfect for Selects, but as far as I know it's not part of the rumored 2022 releases. Maybe next year?

Also, I wish SG Magnus would be a remold of Legacy Prime rather than the more likely Siege/Kingdom Magnus repaint.
After things like Orange prototype Tigertron and Boxart Blackarchnia, I don't think anything is too far for them.

Badgertron

Citizen
Loving the look of that black Ironhide, but could have used even more gold paint apps (maybe even red hands and gold feet?).

RCX

Citizen
He does look great next to G2 Earthrise Megs.
Dammit, do I need both now?
I was gonna skip this OP mold until Scourge.
And Green Megs is still readily available...

Dammit.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
It's a real shame that the shoulder pylons are stuck in place and cannot rotate with the actual shoulders like they can on every previous version of Laser Prime.

Agreed, its a real shame, I got the Takara Car Robots Scourge figure and the shoulders moving, actually makes him look cooler and less baggage in the way

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
New in-hand shots of DK-2 Guard.
1231265446456.jpg
877884561346464.jpg

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Legacy stuff is out in France, apparently. Video review of Bulkhead from TFToyBox:
bulk9.PNG

bulk5.PNG
bulk7.PNG

Okay, he actually seems pretty neat.

Oh no...

Top Bottom