Transformers Legacy toyline

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Hi, welcome to the Allspark! I see you're new to Transformers fandom. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of things soon!
Cute.

Aesthetics are a weird thing to pin down admittedly, but people acting like they make a G1-ified Bulkhead ruined their childhood younger adulthood was a bit baffling to see.

And Rescue Bots has their weird aura about it. Be it fans who would be too protective of its aesthetic and not take a G1-ish attempt well, or just people who enjoy its little kid-friendly design and think anything beyond what we got officially wouldn't be true to its design ethos...

There just seems to be no way to win from Hasbro's perspective. Even an aesthetically faithful Generations release would get "you made a character designed for little kids way too complex" blowback.

Last edited:

NovaSaber

Citizen
"You can't please everyone" is exactly why "there will be people who don't like it" is not, in itself, a reason to not make something.

However, to me it seems like common sense to expect that people would judge a figure literally named "Prime Universe Bulkhead" based on how good it is at being Prime Bulkhead.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen

Buzzworthy Voyager Dinobot. Likely to be a Grimlock head with toy deco. Probably original toy deco with orange paint replacing the translucent tooling. Personally, I think the Fox Kids deco would be more interesting as I think it has a more distinct look compared to the other two versions we’ve gotten.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Fortunately, there's like at least three Rescue Bot styles:

- Toyline
- Cartoon
- Rescue Bots Academy

So I think fans of the show are a little used to some variance.

That said, I would raise some issue if it was Heatwave as seen in the IDW Angry Birds Transformers comic, where he was basically G1 Inferno with a different head and added mouthplate.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
"You can't please everyone" is exactly why "there will be people who don't like it" is not, in itself, a reason to not make something.

However, to me it seems like common sense to expect that people would judge a figure literally named "Prime Universe Bulkhead" based on how good it is at being Prime Bulkhead.
My attitude re: Bulkhead is the same attitude most reasonable people had towards the idiots who claimed Michael Bay ruined their childhood- the stuff you like is still there, this new version doesn't change anything.
And given how Transformers as a franchise cycles through aesthetics, and how nostalgia itself is cyclical, we're probably going to get Bulkhead redone in a number of different styles eventually.
I've learnt that it's foolish to expect any one release to be the "definitive" release of a specific character. Don't like this year's model? Wait it out. You'll get something more your speed.

While you can never please everyone...it just seems like there's more vitriol in the fandom when people don't get what they want, and it's been growing the last...seven years or so?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hasbro Pulse officially reveals Selects DK-2 Guard!
F3071_PROD_TRA_DK2GUARD_0002_Online_2000SQ_800x.jpg
F3071_PROD_TRA_DK2GUARD_0006_Online_2000SQ_800x.jpg

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
$25 Deluxes, y'all!

... which is why I don't really care for "placeholder figures" now.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I really REALLY love Diaclone Ironhide, but I'm at a "no more pre-orders or purchases until further notice" stage for the moment, as tempting as it is.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
So we're finally at $25 Deluxes...well f*ck me...

Can I afford it? Yes. Are they worth it? Nope.

Looks like I'm finally going to start being selective on my purchases now, instead of buying pretty much everything like I have been these past few years.

Shadewing

Citizen
I pre-ordered becuase damnit if I'm gonna miss out on ANOTHER chance at the Earthrise Ironhide mold; because otherwise I'll probably be paying triple for it in the future.

The Phazer

Citizen
To the personal canon thread!

i had a stab at it. I think the "drone comes to life bit" has been a bit overdone recently, but I did like the weakness I came up with.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
For me Diaclone's appeal sort of exists outside, but related, to Transformers. Sort of like my love of Brave.

For my own personal canon Diaclone redecos represent human made mechs/drones based off of Cybertronian tech and specs.

Kaon

Images from the new PVP video so you don't have to watch it.

Attachments

• Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-01.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-01.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-02.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-02.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-03.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-03.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-04.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-04.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-05.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-05.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-06.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-06.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-07.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-07.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-08.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-08.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-10.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-10.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-11.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-11.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-12.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-12.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-13.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-13.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-14.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-14.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-15.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-15.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-16.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-16.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-17.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-17.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-01.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-01.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-02.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-02.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-03.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-03.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-04.jpg
    Legacy-G2-Laser-Optimus-Prime-04.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 71

Magnusblitz

Citizen
No need/desire for the black Diaclone Ironhide, but I do love the red face/black helmet combo.

Starting to get a bit tempted by that Laser Rod Optimus though...

TriBlurr

Citizen
I'm going to make Guard, Ironhide's big sister. Her name is just Guard cause she likes to keep things simple.

Or she was the first run of the body type. And names were much simpler then.

Top Bottom