Transformers Legacy toyline

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I think that for me, Motormaster and Dragstrip were the two Stunticon standouts that I would have changed from the CW line. Motormaster, as others have mentioned over the years, was perhaps not the crown jewel of CW torsos. I still really like most of the CW Stunticons though, but Dragstrip, while a perfectly fine toy, does not quite look the part to me without the double set of front wheels. I am glad that the new version will correct that.

Kaon

Transformers Legacy Core Class figures – Iguanus and Skywarp

Attachments

• core-class-iguanus-1.jpg
    core-class-iguanus-1.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 91
  • core-class-iguanus-2.jpg
    core-class-iguanus-2.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 88
  • core-class-iguanus-3.jpg
    core-class-iguanus-3.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 93
  • core-class-skywap-1.jpg
    core-class-skywap-1.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 101
  • core-class-skywap-2.jpg
    core-class-skywap-2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 92
  • core-class-skywap-3.jpg
    core-class-skywap-3.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 84
  • core-class-skywap-iguanus-1.jpg
    core-class-skywap-iguanus-1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 91

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Transformers Legacy Core Class figures – Iguanus and Skywarp

Oh man, that Iguanus.

1ee45832-e67f-4497-aa87-2f3a02a7798c_text.gif

But...what is that thing that Skywarp has instead of his null rays?

Edit: Realizing now that Inguanus has a similar but slightly different gun thingy. Must have something to do with the new "energon part" play pattern, but damned if I can figure out what it is.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Iguanus is not how I would have preferred...but kind of how I expected. Right now, I'm little disappointed that the only listings we have are for Decepticon Pretenders.

I'm a bit disappointed that Skywarp loses his arm blasters for his tuning fork. I do applaud the inclusion of the "tuning fork adaptor" for the assorted Energon weapons.

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
Iguanas is clever. The idea of the "outer shell" turning into a version of the inner robot's alt-mode is a good way to do an homage to G1's most ridiculous subline.

I was expecting to get Skywarp based on the positive reviews of Starscream... But a tuning fork instead of null rays? What even is that thing?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Iguanas is clever. The idea of the "outer shell" turning into a version of the inner robot's alt-mode is a good way to do an homage to G1's most ridiculous subline.

I was expecting to get Skywarp based on the positive reviews of Starscream... But a tuning fork instead of null rays? What even is that thing?

Answer: JUNK, to help build your planet of Junk set, gotta start somewhere!!

Skywarp, looks nice but who is the moron who thinks we want him to have tuning fork instead of the arm cannons? I can see Hasbro regretting this choice! As for the other, its ok, I guess, not sure if I'll buy it or not, I'm kind of fifty, fifty on that!

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
Liking Iguanus, but I do wish he was Deluxe size so his altmode would be a little more...cohesive to me.

Plus then he'd be bigger of course.:LOL:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Seen it pointed out that Core Rodimus's's's's package art shows how Skywarp's slingshot and Iguanus's gun combine with Rodimus's sword to make a.....sword with a longer handle?
CORE RODIMUS_LI.jpg

Would definitely rather have the null rays and the G1 Iguanus gun.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
It makes me wonder what the 'Energon monster' things were. I had contemplated them as semi-hollow semi-transforming things that would be like the shells, with the core robots going inside them, but apparently not.

re: the sword handle, In my own case it just makes me think I'd to better to stick with the Legends seekers and POTP mini-Pretenders I got (all three plus Acid Storm and every shell they made), as I like their designs and I already have them, so that's about $30-40 saved before shipping or gas. My nephew may love these, though.

The Phazer

Citizen
I feel like Iguanus would fit in nicely with the Speedia toys, more than it feels like a representation of the G1 character. But is a little cheap core class so that's cool. Skywarp's tuning fork/slingshot looks hilarious.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Iguanus sure feels like a companion piece to the 2010-era Pretenders, and the scale-nut in me appreciates than the bike-bot's a smaller class than the old tank molds. Would've been even better if he was more of a motorcycle with a lizard motif than a lizard pretending to be a bike, though.

Those weapons are terrible.

Glitch

Citizen
It's been pointed out the weapons on these core class figures combine with Kingdoms Hot Rod's sword to form a bigger weapon.

Last edited:

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
I like Iguanus, but he's going to be twice the size of the Power Master shells which will bother me. I think the ideal Pretenders for me would be a Core class inner bot and Deluxe shell.

Couldn't help but notice the box art is exact showing their fists in vehicle mode.

Boss Borot

The Living Junkyard
Citizen
I'm not really a fan of the bike mode, but I'm liking Iguanusususses robot mode the more I look at it. I'm eager to see more of these guys. Is there a list of other Pretenders we're probably getting?

Top Bottom