Transformers Legacy toyline

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I love how colorful the packaging and related artwork is.

Arcee looks about what I had hoped for, elevating hope for Knockout.

Kickback is also looking awesome.

Gonna need to see that Menasor before I decide to go in on Dragstrip, I'm not liking how monotone hes lookin.

Bulkhead looked marginally better on the turnstile than in stock photos but still really feel like they missed the mark.

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
I like Laser Prime.

I'm really not a fan of the packaging though. I get wanting to use less plastic but the current 'no plastic windows' thing is like...people are deffo gonna steal shit out of the packaging, yeah? And the shape is gonna be impossible to stack.
The packaging is quite ugly. There's nothing to catch the eye, it's just a haze of rainbow colors and shapes. Even the "Legacy" logo is hard to parse from a distance.

Kup

Citizen
MAYBE I'll pick up G2 Prime? I regret selling my RiD Scourge. Need to see the rest of the Stunticons before making a decision. Can't decide how I feel about Kickback either. I have all 3 Insecticons in scale (if not exact color) with each other. Remind me, does the leaked listings include Shrapnel and pre-Armada, I mean Bombshell?

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Acree faired better than Bulkhead; I'll probably pick her up but it's a bummer it's "Prime-ish" Arcee instead of Prime Arcee.

Not sure what to think about Dragstrip. He looks fine, but I forgot how yellow he is and I kinda want an idea of what Menesar is going to look like.

Bummed we didn't get a look at the Core Class. I want to see how Hot Rod and Iguanus turn out.

Laser Optimus Prime looks good for a modern toy, but that trailer just kinda pales in comparison to the original and makes me feel like an old geezer talking about how things were better back in the day and is a constant reminder of my own mortality and fraility, and how it's impossible to recapture the enthusiam and joy of my youth.

Kickback looks about what I'd expect.

Boss Borot

The Living Junkyard
Citizen
Laser Prime is a must-have and I'm really hoping for a Scourge repaint down the line, preferably with the upside-down G2 Autobot symbols.
Edit: Huh. Prime doesn't seem to have ANY symbols at all, and the place to put one on robot mode is covered in molded detail. I hope it's not a case of "we don't want to use the G2 symbol in this line and we don't want to hear griping over using the wrong one, so we just won't give him any". Oh well.

Dragstrip looks great. Guess I'm finally gonna buy a Menasor set (I skipped the Combiner Wars version because I hated how Motormaster looked).

Arcee is super bland. Not as bad as Bulkhead, but nearly so. Not much hope for Knockout now.

Kickback seems ok. I really REALLY don't like the wing patterns, though. I'll probably stick with the previous smaller Insecticon releases unless the other two change my mind.

Last edited:

Kup

Citizen
Just saw the promo art. Is that Skywarp or TC? And who is the purple Dino looking fella below him?

Another Rodimus on the way?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I really hate this current trend of hips with no actual pelvis above them, but other than that I really like how Laser Prime turned out. I guess the trailer isn't as good as the original, but it's still a really good trailer. I am not at all disappointed by how that turned out. Earthrise Prime's trailer continues to look sadder every year.

electricidad

Citizen
Is Kickback Deluxe? I'd be in the market for deluxe Insecticons.

Laser Prime looks perfect.

I'm loving this line. I like the energon-styled weapons. I would need to wait until I saw these in the store before committing to a new combiner, but I'm 99% sure I'm grabbing Dragstrip, and therefore, every Stunticon that comes after him.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The part that connects Prime's trailer to the cab does three jobs. That is some efficient design work. Bravo.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Yeah, all of these are Deluxe except Bulkhead (Voyager) and Optimus (Leader). Kickback looks pretty good too.

I wish they'd show the Core figures too.

No real sign of how Dragstrip does connect, but he clearly doesn't have a CW connector.

What is Arcee's tire-weapon supposed to be?

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I hadn't noticed Dragstrip wasn't CW compatible. If he's also the smaller size we've seen recently, that would either mean a very probably small Menasor, or that he and the other cars will be the 'arm sides and boots' style of combination, probably with Motormaster's trailer becoming the majority of the limbs.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I like Kickback, provided he doesn't look too tall next to other guys. Insecticons should be fairly small. But he gave me some nostalgia.

Dragstrip looks Decent. Good. I think I need to see more Stunts and Menasor to see if I need him.

Arcee looks good. Not so great I absolutely must own her, but good. I'm unsold but interested.

Laser Prime is pointless and unnecessary for me. I have multiple of the original and this is in no way an improvement. That's not Hasbro's fault, there was no way they were gonna out do that original short of Commander class. I just don't need a lesser take.

I was really hoping to see Blaster and Iguanus, and maybe an energon monster. So honestly this was a bit underwhelming.
I think there's good potential I just expected to see more.

-ZacWilliam, I wish we'd seen the whole first wave, all sizes. And that the line had a bit more story again.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Might not get anything out of this line. Laser Prime looks nice, but not WOW nice, which is usually what is needed to drop the cash on a leader class toy. Between having the original G2 mold, and the RtS update, not sure I really need this one. If there's a nice redeco, Scourge or otherwise, I may well get it. I do love that Laser Prime continues to get love, but at the same time I'm disappointed they leave out stuff like the G2 symbols.
Laser Optimus Prime looks good for a modern toy, but that trailer just kinda pales in comparison to the original and makes me feel like an old geezer talking about how things were better back in the day and is a constant reminder of my own mortality and fraility, and how it's impossible to recapture the enthusiam and joy of my youth.
Yeah, that's a good way to put it. This mold is really close to the G2 one, but just isn't quite as cool, lacking stuff like all the missile launchers.

Might get Drag Strip if the rest of the Stunticons are worth getting. Kickback looks alright but isn't calling me. The rest are easy avoids.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I just went back to look at the sill pictures, and is it my imagination, or just picture angles biasing things, that the box for Dragstrip looks really, REALLY tiny...?

Top Bottom