Transformers Legacy toyline

Dake

Citizen
I'm beginning to notice a lot of people misremembering something about the Bulkheads of Animated and Prime. I'm going to make it clear. The Bulkheads of Animated and Prime were never military vehicles.

Animated Bulkhead turned into a police SWAT van.

Most SWAT APCs started life as military vehicles first so it's not so much a misremembering as a potential misattribution. He's paramilitary at a minimum.

That being said I agree, this is far more movie Hound than anything else.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Animated, for the time being, simply doesn't fit with their strategies going forward. They want multi-purpose toolings that can potentially find new life down the road. Animated reduxes proper can only be used for Animated.
I mean, ultimately, "G1-ification" of most Animated designs leaves you stuff not terribly far removed from the typical looks for most characters. I think the issue is more like, Hasbro made a Bulkhead with a LOT more in common to his Animated iteration than Prime, but opted to namecheck Prime because...it's newer?

I mean, really check out Animated Bulkhead, I see a Lot more hallmarks to this new toy than I do Prime's version.

Last edited:

NovaSaber

Citizen
The head is Prime Bulkhead with a nose, and the weapon is from Prime, and those are the only thing besides colors that look much like either of them to me.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
He's one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMMV_HX_range_of_tactical_trucks
Maybe closest to this one:
HX42M.jpg
Man they've gotten more flat and angular even in real life! Definately not the same thing I drove 15 years ago. Of course the LMTV's I drove were probably as old as I was or not to far from it.

lmtv-m1078-with-tarp-and-seats-1-1.jpg

Ok looking them up the LMTV entered service in 96 so not that old, but at this point it makes sense that the services may have upgraded.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Wait, are the shoulder tires faux kibble? Why would they do that in f neither Animated nor Prime Bulkhead had them? Maybe it’s a hint towards the reuses of the mold? Common consensus is Optimus but i dunno if any of his designs had shoulder tires

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Wait, are the shoulder tires faux kibble? Why would they do that in f neither Animated nor Prime Bulkhead had them? Maybe it’s a hint towards the reuses of the mold? Common consensus is Optimus but i dunno if any of his designs had shoulder tires
The tires seen behind the cab in vehicle mode are placed where spare tires go on some real-world versions of that truck.

mx-01 archon

Citizen

I think the ones on his shoulders might be the real tires. You can see the arms wadded up inside the cab.

The ones on his back, then, would be the spares. Which is in fact the accurate mounting location for spares on these types of vehicles.

Blot

Citizen
On a related note, designer Mark Maher has weighed in on his intent behind this Bulkhead figure's design:
As if there was something wrong with Bulkhead's design fitting into a G1 world in the first place. What, are fat rounded TFs not allowed in G1?

Makes me almost wish we could see what a Floro Dery take on Bulkhead might look like, since he designed a number of big bulbous dudes like the Guardian Robots and the Sharkticons. If those guys can exist, then so can Bulkhead without putting him through such a weight loss regimen.
On the other hand, Floro Dery specifically being told to make a robot fat instead of just doing it himself may wind up revealing he was making chonky robots with his power limiter on.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Well, at least I feel safe in saying that after seeing Skids and Bulkhead’s Energon weapons, we SHOULD be getting a dang cool accessory pack this time around.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Man they've gotten more flat and angular even in real life! Definately not the same thing I drove 15 years ago. Of course the LMTV's I drove were probably as old as I was or not to far from it.

View attachment 1730

Ok looking them up the LMTV entered service in 96 so not that old, but at this point it makes sense that the services may have upgraded.

That might have worked. That cab is way more rounded than this Bulkhead we're getting.

Xellos

Citizen
I am definitely liking this line, and I do like the idea of reimagining them to fit a more G1 aesthetic. Aside from them being able to sit on the same shelves as the WFC figures, I also like how, while the effect parts have been taking a backburner, it looks like the guns are still compatible with them, something I hope they at least do going forward.

Also, very Energon-like with the weapons, which is another cool callback to the old series.

Kaon

Legacy Dragstrip.jpg
Transformers Legacy 01.jpg
Transformers Legacy Arcee 01.jpg
Transformers Legacy Arcee.jpg
Transformers legacy Box Art.jpg
Transformers Legacy Dragstrip 01.jpg
Transformers legacy Dragstrip 02.png
Transformers legacy Kickback 01.jpg
Transformers legacy Kickback.jpg

Attachments

• Transformers Legacy Laser Prime 01.jpg
    Transformers Legacy Laser Prime 01.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Transformers Legacy Laser Prime 02.jpg
    Transformers Legacy Laser Prime 02.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Transformers Legacy Laser Prime.jpg
    Transformers Legacy Laser Prime.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Transformers legacy wave 1.jpg
    Transformers legacy wave 1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Transformers Legacy.jpg
    Transformers Legacy.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 75

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I like Laser Prime.

I'm really not a fan of the packaging though. I get wanting to use less plastic but the current 'no plastic windows' thing is like...people are deffo gonna steal shit out of the packaging, yeah? And the shape is gonna be impossible to stack.

NovaSaber

Citizen
They've said the story for this line is a multiversal crossover.

Does the plot device just give Prime characters noses?

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
The black-and-purple pistols are my favorite part of Drag Strip. It's so rare we get weapons that aren't just single-color plastic.

I don't think there's anything here I need. I'll be all over the inevitable Scourge repaint of Optimus, though, it's a nice-looking mold.

Top Bottom