Transformers Legacy toyline

Noip

I'll think of something later.
Citizen
I got Bulkhead, Silverstreak, and Blaster yesterday. Blaster is just all around a winner. Bulkhead is...a very nice toy, but I can't really see him as Bulkhead. I think he'll have another name in my little world.

Silverstreak was missing a fist. Yay.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Hound, Sargent Hound, Grejeeber, Gunney, I don't know. I just know Bulkhead ain't working for me. 🤣
Armorhide

As an inverse of how Animated Bulkhead was renamed "Ironhide" in Japan (though, Prime Bulkhead got to keep his name) while Animated Ironhide was renamed "Armorhide".

In this case, it's Bulkhead who would get the substitute "Armorhide" name.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I heard someone say Cybertron Metroplex retooled into Grandus and I'm not sure how to feel about that.

It would need some remolding but here's a dirty mockup.

Legacy Grandus.png

Magnusblitz

Citizen
As I've had occasion to (re-)discover recently, very few G2 toys ever appear in the G2 comic at all.

Off the top of my head: Optimus (at least, his trailer in #1), tank Megatron, Sideswipe, the Laser Rods, Rotor Force, Dreadwing, Smokescreen, Hero Optimus... and I guess the Skyscorchers in the #1 gatefold. Yeah, pretty slim pickings.

I do wonder why they didn't at least have the repaint guys (Dinobots, Aerialbots, Combaticons, Ramjet, etc) show up in their G2 colors (aside from Sideswipe). I wonder if the colorist just said "eh, these schemes are all lame, except that awesome Sideswipe one" and Hasbro didn't care enough since the book got axed in 12 issues anyways.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Off the top of my head: Optimus (at least, his trailer in #1), tank Megatron, Sideswipe, the Laser Rods, Rotor Force, Dreadwing, Smokescreen, Hero Optimus... and I guess the Skyscorchers in the #1 gatefold. Yeah, pretty slim pickings.

I do wonder why they didn't at least have the repaint guys (Dinobots, Aerialbots, Combaticons, Ramjet, etc) show up in their G2 colors (aside from Sideswipe). I wonder if the colorist just said "eh, these schemes are all lame, except that awesome Sideswipe one" and Hasbro didn't care enough since the book got axed in 12 issues anyways.
There were even more that showed up in the two UK-exclusive G2 comics published by Fleetway (which just so happen to slot in very neatly between Issues #3 and #4 of the U.S. Marvel G2 comic, as the very end of Marvel G2 #3 leads directly into the very beginning of Fleetway G2 #1). Grimlock even sported his blue deco in those two issues before reverting back to gray in Marvel G2 #4.

MrBlud

Citizen
So pics have surfaced of this toy colored TM Cyclonus.

C6B14F6E-3BD2-480A-9508-0E17A978E95E.jpeg

I like it but would’ve preferred the arms have remained purple even though it wouldn’t be accurate in vehicle mode.

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
The comic ran from fall 1993 to summer 1994, so I guess it maybe makes sense that the new 1994 molds were the only ones that really featured. (And all the new 1994 toys did manage to appear--except for Megatron, whose Hero toy probably didn't show up on account of his big tank toy getting top billing.)

Blot

Citizen
So pics have surfaced of this toy colored TM Cyclonus.

View attachment 5843

I like it but would’ve preferred the arms have remained purple even though it wouldn’t be accurate in vehicle mode.
Listing with high resolution images on Amazon.au:

Top Bottom