Transformers Legacy toyline

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And the first look at POTP Snarl featured a cannon above his dino head, which the final version did not have, but which the Stegosaurus Dinoforce member did have on his Pretender shell.

Shadewing

Citizen
Honestly, I half expect them to go the Iguanus route if they were made; and their alt mods be their monster shells. That seemed to be what they were gonna do if they made Dinoking.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Does comic Minerva look like anime Minerva, or did she look like Legacy Minerva who looks like Legacy Elita-1?
cross-eyed.gif

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
The toy itself seems to come from another universe where the G2 comic was animated!

No I think it comes from a Universe where Hasbro copy writers don't know which toys are from a comic and which from a cartoon and don't care enough to take a 1/2 second to check on the wiki.

In a line specifically dedicated to the Legacy of the franchise past that's slightly more damning than it would be otherwise.

ZacWilliam, It really feels like the current folks are just not very story focused in a bunch of fronts and that makes me sad.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hasbro actually accidentally revealed Cutthroat with the Yokuryu/Wildfly head instead of his own.

I thought I had remembered that, but hadn't had a chance to dig up any evidence to support my vague memories.

After a quick look on the wiki, there is a link to a picture of the accidental use of the secondary head from NYCC. I wonder if that would still be a thing they would release in Selects or something someday?

Lobjob

Citizen
Honestly, all of these are pretty great reveals. Its been so long (or seems like it) since I saw a new transformer I forgot what this felt like.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
No I think it comes from a Universe where Hasbro copy writers don't know which toys are from a comic and which from a cartoon and don't care enough to take a 1/2 second to check on the wiki.

In a line specifically dedicated to the Legacy of the franchise past that's slightly more damning than it would be otherwise.

ZacWilliam, It really feels like the current folks are just not very story focused in a bunch of fronts and that makes me sad.
It's not just the copy writers. In the stream, Mark Maher himself held Magna Convoy right up to the camera and described him as having "the yellow cartoon-accurate eyes".

Last edited:

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
You know Jhiaxus is good when people are in love with him despite looking like he's Apeface Plastic White all over.

What makes him so impressive to me is that G2 Jhiaxus has a color scheme that.. well, not to disparage it, but it's the kind of color scheme that could only really come from a non-toy character in an early 90's comic. The fact that they replicated that design so faithfully, instead of like, making him orange or something, is genuinely surprising.

Like, look at the dumb wires on his legs. What purpose do they serve? The answer is NOTHING, but they still thought fit to include them and that's awesome! The dumb green batwings, the breathing apparatus looking thing, the shoulder mounted whatever, the large swaths of white coloring, it's all there! He's not a flawless "walk off the page" interpretation, but he is VERY close and that's wild.

It's a character design that lasted for 12 issues, for crying out loud! Reasonably, we should not have this great of an interpretation available to us. But there he is, sitting in my "Items Ordered" list on Entertainment Earth!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
More than just 12 issues, since the same design came back in Regeneration One.

And has popped up elsewhere here and there from time to time.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I mean when Elita-1's entire robot mode design (minus her head and colors, obviously) matches Minerva's comic design exactly and one of the weapons matches how the original toy's gun looked (just in transparent blue), I'd say it's fair to say that the mold was designed to be Minerva first and then the Elita-1 version of the mold was just the first version of the mold to get an official reveal.
Minerva's comic design?

This is not meant to be snarky. I honestly don't know what you're talking about. So far as I'm aware, Minerva wasn't a comic character.

lightsyder

Citizen
Minerva's comic design?

This is not meant to be snarky. I honestly don't know what you're talking about. So far as I'm aware, Minerva wasn't a comic character.
According to twiki she showed up in the 2019 IDW series. No details given though, still needs filled out

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Minerva's comic design?

She shows up as a Wrecker in IDW2. She's likely based on her upcoming Legacy toy, in keeping with the IDW2 method of basing character designs whatever is the most recent toy. (She certainly bears a strong similarity to Legacy Elita-1)

The logical fallacy is assuming because Minerva showed up on the comics with that design first, then that means she was the intended as the primary mold and that Elita-1 is a pre-tool.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
OK. That makes sense. (Assuming IDW2 Minerva does indeed look like this mold)

Again, I'm not questioning that Minerva's going to come from the same mold as Legacy Elita-One. I think that's all-but confirmed. I'm just confused at the assertion that Minerva is clearly the "main" intention behind this mold. If anything, it seems to me that the mold was designed with both in mind from the get-go, if not with Elita-One primacy.

Glitch

Citizen
You can see why we aren't getting a legacy cartoon, because it's NOT GEEWUNNNNNNNN!
I'll wait for the fan stop motions, I've seen some fab stuff this month, one involved Gigawatt and a Shattered Glass universe, the other began with Optimus vs the Horrorcons and ended with Omega Supreme toasting some Decepticons. Can't wait to see what they'll do with Legacy in the next few years.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
You can see why we aren't getting a legacy cartoon, because it's NOT GEEWUNNNNNNNN!
Um...Hasbro pitched a Legacy show to Netflix. Netflix said "no."
Given how dull the WFC shows were...I'm not too terribly broken up about that.

Eh...I've been constructing my own personal canon for so long that this doesn't bother me.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Personal canon is just not something that interests me much. I want real official good Transformers fiction, character building and lore. It's fun to play pretend and make fanfic and all but it's not the same thing and isn't really any consolation to me at this point.

-ZacWilliam, different strokes for different folks of course, but for a line whose official characterization and story was such a big part of its success and longevity it sucks to see how little the current team puts into that facet.

Top Bottom