Transformers Legacy toyline

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
So, which Bulkhead will this toy go on on the tfwiki? Prime or IDW (G1)?

I say, neither, it can't even fit into animated either, he doesn't look like he belongs to any universe that we know of, I personally think he much like what they did with titans Return Blizwing & Octane, pretty much milk the mold much as possible!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The more I look at Bulkhead, the more I like him, but I'm not loving it yet. My biggest issue is, yeah, the REALLY sharp-edged square front, which Skids seems to share.

It looks retro, but not in the way I think they want it to. Is this a sign of things to come?

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
As much as I like this Bulkhead, I am now hesitant to see how Knock Out will look. Unlike Bulkhead, he did not get a very accurate toy, and his design deserves another shot at being made (if possible. Those fenders are not going to be easy)

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
So, which Bulkhead will this toy go on on the tfwiki? Prime or IDW (G1)?
Like it or not, it's being marketed as Prime Bulkhead, so it should go on the Prime Bulkhead page.

I think it's not great at being that, but that's what he's intended to be.

I just think its funny that after clamoring for something new for so long, so many are losing it over this new take on Bulkhead.
Who is "losing it" exactly?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Yeah....that's a pretool for a Beast Hunters Optimus if I ever saw one.

I like it though.

I doult it even be that verison as that verison of OP has a trianglar chest while this Bulkhead has a flat chest, unless we are missing something but looking at the pictures, he looks like he got a very simple transformation, so it could be a pretool for a completely different character, maybe someone who is rather obcurse, only time will tell and when Hasbro shows images of the figure or we hear rumours!

Maruten

Citizen
As a big fan of Prime... I think that's a pretty nice update of Bulkhead, although certainly the chest could stand to be less boxy.

For me this is more about what the future brings though. I DARE them to try to make a Knock Out so bad I won't buy it. I DARE them.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Yeah....that's a pretool for a Beast Hunters Optimus if I ever saw one.

I like it though.
It would literally look more like Bulkhead than it does if it already had a Beast Hunters Optimus vehicle front/robot chest.

In fact, it's unlikely there would be any alternate tooling for that part that looks any less like Bulkhead.

Like it or not, it's being marketed as Prime Bulkhead, so it should go on the Prime Bulkhead page.

I think it's not great at being that, but that's what he's intended to be.
Agreed on that.
Especially since it seems that Legacy has an explicitly multiversal story. (Which is one more point in favor of my "characters should look accurate to their respective show" preference.)

Who is "losing it" exactly?
Yeah, that's the other thing. It seems like any strong criticism at all is accused of being overreaction, no matter how much reason someone had to expect better.
At the other place I said what I think about this, they called me a Geewunner for....not wanting everything G1-ized?
What.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Just looking at listings for future releases, one that caught my eye, Voyager Inferno, I know there is rumours of a BW verison but what if this Bulkhead is meant to be another verison of the character Inferno based upon the old Universe figure? I mean they kind of look rather similar, then again, it could be a sort of homage to Energon Inferno, this is just speculation on my part!

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Just taking it as its own thing and not comparing to another design, I don't really care for Bulkhead. The rounded head doesn't really mesh with the blocky body.

Skids looks okay, but the only time I've ever cared about Skids was in MTMTE, and I already have that toy to stand on the shelf. Don't really feel the need to replace it.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I just think its funny that after clamoring for something new for so long, so many are losing it over this new take on Bulkhead.

Yeah, it's fishy that they're willing to play fast and loose with the Prime characters when the haven't been doing that with other series. Nothings fair. Still, not entirely surprising since the brand unification has centered around G1, for better or for worse.
I also feel, like the Beast Wars updates last year....a LOT of the toys of the last 30 years are damn hard to "do better" or improve upon. For most of the Prime cast...they have serviceable to fantastic toy representations. I remember a lot of dissatisfaction with 25th Hot Shot because, to make it more for "collectors", they stripped most of the personality out of what was originally a gimmick toy. The only real option is to "adopt a new approach". It might not always be successful, but I think the "G1-ification" for more stylized designs was NEVER going to please many.

As is, I see many merits in the Bulkhead design as a toy. But I can also see where the representation falls short of what people were probably expecting. Personally, I think they should have cited Animated and given us a shield that turns into a chair. Animated had more personality compared to Prime anyway.

Just looking at listings for future releases, one that caught my eye, Voyager Inferno, I know there is rumours of a BW verison but what if this Bulkhead is meant to be another verison of the character Inferno based upon the old Universe figure? I mean they kind of look rather similar, then again, it could be a sort of homage to Energon Inferno, this is just speculation on my part!
Considering we're getting 3 Arcee figures next year (two in the same line with VERY similar designs)....I wouldn't put it past them.

Dake

Citizen
For me this is more about what the future brings though. I DARE them to try to make a Knock Out so bad I won't buy it. I DARE them.

giphy.gif

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
image.jpg

This one would be pretty hard to top anyway.

I’m happy they’re experimenting a bit, but I’m not interested in what I’ve seen so far. That is a good thing though as I really need to scale back on my purchases.

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I eagerly await the horror of the rumored "Prime" Arcee.

I'll admit that Bulkhead isn't to my liking style wise. But it's a new Bulkhead! He deserves better, but at least he lives!

With our luck if any fiction is released alongside Legacy, "Prime" Bulkhead will have Energon Bulkheads personality

Echowarrior

Citizen
I can skip Skids. I'm very, very happy with the one we got for the Thrilling 30 line, and while this one is a faithful G1 update, the other just feels more...fun to me.

Mixed feelings about Bulkhead. I feel like he's too blocky in his robot mode, but I do like the vehicle mode and I do like how he can be posed. I'll make a final decision closer to release.

So, will we be getting more reveals over the next couple days? Maybe?

Top Bottom