Transformers Legacy toyline

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
It's a reference to a production photo of the original Laser Optimus Prime's trailer base that had all of the base's features labeled with humorlessly simplistic descriptors like "Big ol' tower!" and "Some sort of bucket".

It had previously been posted on the old forums years ago, but has since been lost in the big forum crash hack of last year. It was originally posted by The Spacebridge, so the original photo could still be out on the Internet somewhere.
Thanks. With that info, I'm sure I'll be able to find it.

EDIT: It didn't even take me long.
1649458791992.png

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Where'd you find it?

There were several other pics with it, too. Some prototype pics of the toy, and another humorous pic of the toy bio with text that read something like "Optimus Prime x;ndjxdkjgbcdlrxkzknjchkxdngclkvxlcdxcv c;iflkbgcxmbmflkxhvcngmlivmc;jxlk cklfxdjc kj.vjljgm,cnxmo,jmn,dlckmgndfkjx mbxcbguxj The End." and had a character pic of Charlie Brown (or a close approximation) instead of Optimus.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Where'd you find it?

There were several other pics with it, too. Some prototype pics of the toy, and another humorous pic of the toy bio with text that read something like "Optimus Prime x;ndjxdkjgbcdlrxkzknjchkxdngclkvxlcdxcv c;iflkbgcxmbmflkxhvcngmlivmc;jxlk cklfxdjc kj.vjljgm,cnxmo,jmn,dlckmgndfkjx mbxcbguxj The End." and had a character pic of Charlie Brown (or a close approximation) instead of Optimus.
I found it via a Google search. It links to bottalk.com, and a thread entitled "So what exactly happened during Generation 2?". In my browser, this item was on the 17th page of that thread.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Found it!

Sadly, the close-up of the gibberish toy bio isn't pictured.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
No real surprises from what we can see of Motormaster's box. Hopefully we'll see some pictures of bot and combiner modes soon.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Digging everything about Laser Prime, except I wish the gun looked more like the original. Or like the Titan Master one, which looked like a double-barreled version of Prime's G1 ion blaster.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I don't like Legacy Laser Prime. The Proportions are too funky. Legs mostly I think, too long.

-ZacWilliam, they've yet to do a new Laser Prime that looks close to as good as the original. And since I have multiple from its original release they've all been an easy pass.

Glitch

Citizen
I've a funny feeling about future wave cores and they could hypothetically go:
Decepticons with 'dark saber'
Nemesis Prime
G2 Megatron
Soundblaster

Autobots with 'Star saber'
Packrat
Ultra Magnus
Vroom (Iguanus retool)

Cassettes:
Rewind and Sunder cassettes
Stripes and Flipsides cassettes.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I don't like Legacy Laser Prime. The Proportions are too funky. Legs mostly I think, too long.

-ZacWilliam, they've yet to do a new Laser Prime that looks close to as good as the original. And since I have multiple from its original release they've all been an easy pass.
I think it looks fine, a nice change from the usual pure G1 primes we’ve been getting. I like how they tweaked the colors to make it more ”palatable” yet still retail the original toy’s overall look.

That said, as I’ve strived to cut back….I don’t view him as something I NEED to get. And since he isn’t a pure G1 iteration, I’m rolling the dice on an Amazon sale later in the year. I figure it’s a toss up on him or Blitzwing ends up marked down.

I also have some Best Buy credit if they ever decide to continue stocking Transformers…
Hopefully this Tuesday they actually reveal Motormaster in his full glory and the combined form
Is it sad I’m more interested in the rumored Thunder Clash remold than I am in Motormaster proper? Heck, I’m the strange goober hoping for a Machine Wars Optimus Prime redeco of said figure on TOP of that!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My Megaplex has long lost the ability to stay in robot mode. The spring is completely worn out.

Glitch

Citizen
I was joking in my previous post but okay then.
Legacy-Core-G2-Megatron-01.jpg

Nw my deluxe wishlist:
Grand Cog
Metrotank
Gigabrunt
Dimorphodon Wingfinger

That is all.

Top Bottom