Transformers Legacy toyline

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'll reiterate that I feel the best solution for Broadside would be to reinterpret his jet mode as a small starship. Just replace the "cockpit" with a domed bridge full of little molded-in consoles.

I've also always felt that was a better option, too. Give me a Broadside that goes from robot to standard earth aircraft carrier to Cybertronian space battleship / starfighter carrier, like something you would see in the old Wing Commander games (for anyone that remembers those).

Glitch

Citizen
He could be a commander class figure transforming from Aircraft carrier to Xantium Battlecruiser to robot, comes with armour like Jetfires, five Aerial drones and his weapons are an Axe and Blaster.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He could be a commander class figure transforming from Aircraft carrier to Xantium Battlecruiser to robot, comes with armour like Jetfires, five Aerial drones and his weapons are an Axe and Blaster.

Ooh, yes. I had to look it up because I was unfamiliar with the Xantium, but that aesthetic is absolutely my jam.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Blitz looks decent enough for my purposes. Very slavish to G1, mistakes and all.
While I would have liked some incorporation of his animated stuff, this is good. Really not a big fan of the 'voyager w/ accessories' thing though.

I'm glad that they haven't done anything animated on Blitzwing, much as I liked the three faces thing, the excusion on the first toy post animated with that was just terrible, only two animated based characters have done well leaping from animated to other lines, in my view that is, first is Lockdown, when he had that awesome figure in ROTF line and it became his deco G1 desgin, the other good one leap into Universe/generations line, with Lugnut

MrBlud

Citizen
There seems to be a lot of push for Broadside to be a Titan which is 100% not my jam.

Even Commander would be too big IMO. I like symmetry with the other Voyager Autobot triple-changers.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
As far a size goes, go Core class or go home...

What? Big transformers are a pain to store, display, and play with.

Shadewing

Citizen
He needs to be big enough to recreate his iconic animation appearance:

Broadsidecrushesdevastator.jpg

Blot

Citizen
I will happily take Commander Class Broadside, but I am a the easiest mark for El Slabbo.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Only reason I'd be interested in a Commander or Titan Broadside would be if it got us a similarly sized Tidal Wave

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
You'll get your Commander class aircraft carrier 'bots, but with the catch of their being the size of your average Voyager class 'bots (much like Kingdom Rodimus Prime and HasLab Victory Leo). :p

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
As far a size goes, go Core class or go home...

What? Big transformers are a pain to store, display, and play with.
Compromise. As a Voyager he can be the same size as Voyager Springer and Sandstorm and also tower over Core Optimus and friends. Everyone who counts is happy.

This isn't a joke.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't get that. Like the closet available mold would be Skids, but they both have similar colors.

Based on this bit of description from the listing:

"2 EPIC MODES: Crankcase action figure converts from robot to off-road vehicle mode in 14 steps. Remove the front grill of vehicle mode to reveal a large blaster accessory"

it would definitely seem to be something new. There hasn't been anything revealed so far that has a blaster hidden behind the front grill of an off-road vehicle.

Top Bottom