Transformers Legacy toyline

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
And, honestly, why is she blue? Like, that's straight up just Side Burn's deco covering the majority of the figure. She won't have to be redecoed into Side Burn, she already IS Side Burn!
I myself was wondering about the viability of doing Side Burn (obvious premold notwithstanding) given the similarity of the color scheme.

Last edited:

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Her original black and gold would have probably been a better choice. However, I will say the color does look good on her. Just feel, as others have stated, the color seems close to Sideways.

Lobjob

Citizen
I'd think a Sideburn speedbreaker would be more blue? Plus the flames? I think they are different enough. I hope they are different enough.

Lobjob

Citizen
images (38).jpeg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
While I don't care for the character of Shadow Striker, as I got no clue who they are, I do see the Sideburn repaint, the classic blue but also, the powered up verison in red being done, thou I expect the red verison to be a selects line figure

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
While I don't care for the character of Shadow Striker, as I got no clue who they are, I do see the Sideburn repaint, the classic blue but also, the powered up verison in red being done, thou I expect the red verison to be a selects line figure
She was a main character in Cyberverse show. You really should give it a watch, as its pretty awesome show. Just start at the last few episodes of season 1

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I will say it feels really weird to have a Cyberverse character in Legacy because like...didn't Cyberverse only come out like 5 years ago or something? Seems kind of soon to be putting them in the nostalgia-bait line.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
She was a main character in Cyberverse show. You really should give it a watch, as its pretty awesome show. Just start at the last few episodes of season 1

Maybe one day, if I think about it, but then, I'm not watching Earthspark either, Cyberverse look, didn't really strike a cord with me, it looked cheep and uninspiring, plus, I was getting sick of BB being a mute as its becoming a silly gimmick and shouldn't really define his character!

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
He's not mute in like 90% of Cyberverse.

-ZacWilliam, he's also not really a focus character much after season 1 iirc

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I will say it feels really weird to have a Cyberverse character in Legacy because like...didn't Cyberverse only come out like 5 years ago or something? Seems kind of soon to be putting them in the nostalgia-bait line.
Maybe. But to look at it another way, it was roughly five years after the original line came out that we started seeing things like the Pretender "Classics." If you're a kid, five years was ages ago....

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
You can just start with Season 2 of Cyberverse. S1 is mostly world building via restoring Bumblebee's memories.
I mean, it is some good world building though...and some good prewar moments on Cybertron. I started watching after season 1, but that made me appreciate some of season 1when I did watch it. It has a lot of reverence for different elements of Transformers lore. Still don't know what Maccadams transforms into.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And for all it's faults, a lot of the backstory material given only in Season 1 does come back later into the story and expects you remember having first seen it back in Season 1.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
The RID car bros were an interesting look in applying the Beast Wars design philosophy to traditional car altmodes.

Too bad a lot of the Beast Wars toys were super fiddly and/or kibbly.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
The RID car bros were an interesting look in applying the Beast Wars design philosophy to traditional car altmodes.

Too bad a lot of the Beast Wars toys were super fiddly and/or kibbly.

The main US BW line not really. There were a couple (TM 2 Cybershark) but they were mostly an exception. Beast Wars Neo, which Car Robots directly followed however, yikes.

BWN was nearly all intricate shell formers with tons of robot mode panel kibble and the CR Bros definitely build from that design school.

ZacWilliam, I feel like we're SUPER lucky that Fire Convoy is an amazing toy that avoids that style entirely.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
The car mode looks awful but hopefully the other characters based upon this mold will get better/more accurate/different ones instead...

Top Bottom