Transformers Legacy toyline

The Phazer

Citizen
Oof, that Shadow Striker is terrible. What the heck is that alt mode supposed to be.

At least she has clear windows, but it's clear that the cost cutting for Legacy deluxes has reached a point where you cannot successfully make a Transforming robot out of it.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't have much of an opinion on Shadow Striker here, but I will say that I loved when the Club used Hot Rod for a G1 Sideburn, and I was hoping we'd see an update of that concept. Still, can't be too mad at it potentially being truer to the original...

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
It's a perfectly reasonable made-up car. The kind we've got a million of since like 1986. Looks fine.

It's not as weird as Elita 1's (which is quirky and I honestly like it) nor as oddly proportioned as Legacy Hot Shots (which I'm not a huge fan of).

-ZacWilliam, it's just one standard unit of made up, maybe slightly sci-fi ish sports car.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I still have my BotCon 2003 Shadow Striker, so I don't need this to get a version of the character. I'd be getting this because I think it is cool. I love the head sculpt, the chest is an excellent homage to RiD2001 Sideburn/Shadow Striker, and the vehicle mode, while not the greatest, is kind of a fun looking.
I can see why some don't like it, and I don't fault you all for that. I personally kind of like it.

Lobjob

Citizen
I guess a good way of phrasing my appreciation for it, is i like it for what it is, i don't hate it for what its not.

Plus, like i touched on, this represents a real gateway in to new RID molds.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I don't have much of a connection to Shadow Striker, but it looks pretty alright to me. Vehicle mode looks futuristic and compact, doesn't appear to have any hands, feet or elbows sticking out of it; not too shabby. Of course, I am also among those who would welcome a RID '01 Speedbreaker from this mold, so I'm glad that the figure exists will exist?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The only thing I dislike about Shadow Striker is, and god this will sound so awkward out of context, her crotch position in var mode. It doesn't even bother me that I can tell that it's that part of her robot mode, I just wish the design could've had it be a bit more flush with the rest of the front of the car. Like it just sticks out a bit too much for me.

Onyx

Citizen
Personally, I don't hate it. It merges the BotCon 03 and Cyberverse versions of the character into one mold, which is cool. IMO

However, this is a clear pre-tool of Sideburn. I was hoping for a reshell repaint of the SS86 Hot Rod figure with a new head mold. Since Sideburn has already been G1ified as a Hot Rod repaint. This design though, I think what most people find off putting is, why couldn't the legs be formed out of the car? I know they wanted to give her the shield, but couldn't they have done Siege Hound like legs? (and cleaned up that back kibble?)

That said, I still like this design. If the Sideburn reshelled car mode looks more like his RID01 self, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a BotCon 03 Generation Selects 2 pack of Roulette and Shadow Striker.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Yeah, a big part of "Sideburn" for me was his weird asymmetry and riot shield. The Timelines one just looked like. . . Hot Rod, but blue.

Onyx

Citizen
I'm also surprised she's not based on her cobbled together and rebuilt design from Cyberverse. I thought for sure she was going to be a Junkion pretool repaint.

Cybersnark

Citizen
I'm also surprised she's not based on her cobbled together and rebuilt design from Cyberverse. I thought for sure she was going to be a Junkion pretool repaint.

Junkion, or maybe an Animated-style Lockdown; he had a similar sleek-yet-mismatched look.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I'm not super attached to her or Sideburn as characters, I just think they look neat - I just kind of hoped a version of them would've gone just a harder on looking vaguely like a Viper without tripping the need of a license.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Junkion, or maybe an Animated-style Lockdown; he had a similar sleek-yet-mismatched look.
Heck, there's even already a Cyberverse Lockdown.

444px-CyberverseLockdown.jpg

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Neat figure, but I was hoping for more of a pieced together version like she was in Cyberverse. Sideburn chest aside, I am just not that excited for this toy/mold.

Top Bottom